Rumor: Panarin 'reluctant' to sign with Columbus long-term

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
First Canada disrespects Columbus and now Russia. Somebody put a stop to this madness.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Dont blame him. Columbus isnt a great city and their hockey team isnt really a winner.

Dont feel bad for columbus either bc they get overrated year in and year out. So happy that panarin sees this as well.

Would love panarin in Toronto but we dont have room for him.

paragon

May 5, 2010
So? What's the problem? Sign him and contend in the short-term. In his last year if he doesn't want to re-sign, trade him for a windfall.

Why does everyone need to be signed to term?
Do you really think he is willing to sign a two year extension? It would have been already done if that was the case. Short contracts are great and it would mean he's going to be there for 3 more years and he could chance his mind about leaving.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Do you really think he is willing to sign a two year extension? It would have been already done if that was the case. Short contracts are great and it would mean he's going to be there for 3 more years and he could chance his mind about leaving.
Panarin is very much willing to sign short term - Columbus hasnt offere it yet, as per his agent

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm not sure if I want to stay in Columbus, but man I'd love to spend 8 years in the city of Pittsburgh.

7 years.

Never been to Pittsburgh but I hear they won 2 of the last 3 cups. Pretty good success rate. I'd sign him 9X7 and figure out the rest of the roster later. Kessel, Hagelin, Brassard all likely gone and need raise for Jake (6M AAV long term). Left side would be Jake, Breadman, ???. RW is Hornqvist, Sprong, Rust. No idea if he would want to come here but we got a fellow Russian guy here in Geno Malkin.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Dont blame him. Columbus isnt a great city and their hockey team isnt really a winner.

Dont feel bad for columbus either bc they get overrated year in and year out. So happy that panarin sees this as well.

Would love panarin in Toronto but we dont have room for him.
It's good that you don't have room for him it makes him not wanting to play there easier to take.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I wonder if this will shut people up now. He talked about how much he loves Torts and the team he is just not sure about the city (likely his gf wants to be in a big city and live that life) Panarin loves to literally go in the middle of no where russia in the snow and camp and hunt. Its not him having the problem. It was confirmed he is more then willing to sign short term but its likely GMJK is trying his hardest to sell long term because thats best for us. Its likely he goes short term to prove its worth staying for his career.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
00a1bf65c335f1f6760aa0b8234b71ba--hockey.jpg

images

Panarin - O’Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Fabbri

Make it so.

Reactions: A Real Barn Burner

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
7 years.

Never been to Pittsburgh but I hear they won 2 of the last 3 cups. Pretty good success rate. I'd sign him 9X7 and figure out the rest of the roster later. Kessel, Hagelin, Brassard all likely gone and need raise for Jake (6M AAV long term). Left side would be Jake, Breadman, ???. RW is Hornqvist, Sprong, Rust. No idea if he would want to come here but we got a fellow Russian guy here in Geno Malkin.
One of my all time favorite movies- Preston Sturges' "Sullivans Travels" made in the 40s.
Film director has a conversation with a producer about his last movie:.

Producer: It died in Pittsburgh.
Sullivan: Ah, what do they know in Pittsburgh.
Producer: They know what they like.
Sullivan: If they knew what they liked, they wouldn't live in Pittsburgh.

But back to the topic:

1. How does a team with less than $3m on the cap fit $6m?
2. Why does a player sign a new deal for an amount that is the same as his current deal, when the cap has gone up?

Oh because Pittsburgh won 2 seasons ago.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
im a little hesitant to trade for a guy who seems to make demands of his current team, telling them where he will play

Reactions: pokey10

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Blues fan here. We feel your pain Columbus.

Find some motivated players who value the game and the team more than the location. Bonus if you can find players who are thankful for everyday they are blessed to play in the NHL.
But you guys are signing a player, Maroon, who is placing an emphasis on the location.

In other words, "If you want to sign with us because you like the area.... great! But if you want to sign somewhere else because you like that location...... bad."

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
he said (at least supposedly even though media talked about it) that he only wanted to play in LA, florida or chicago

1) That's not what the quote from his agent in this thread is saying.
2) He's making no demands at all from his current team. He's fine with playing in CBS this year, which is the last year of his contract. He's saying he's not sure if he wants to re-sign with them.

If we are going to get bent out of shape because someone who is going to be a free agent, says that they may want to be a free agent, then we are getting just a tad bit ridiculous.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
he said (at least supposedly even though media talked about it) that he only wanted to play in LA, florida or chicago
That was garbage made up by a former writer for the cbj. 0 sources or any confirmation on it... it was like friedmans speculations recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad