Panarin and Radulov dominating the NHL

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am an Oilers fan. McDavid is by far the best player I've seen live (not a child, seen Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby and Ovi live). Ghost had my vote because of the time McDavid missed.

McDavid should have won, but I'll take his humble lead and not make a scene. I don't care, he's the most talented player I've ever seen with my own eyes, he's that good.

Oh, I know he's that good. I'm pissed he was hurt too, because I didn't get to see him play in Chicago last year. I was really looking forward to it. I'm a fan of the game, and love to see talent like that flooding into the league. That goes for Panarin, Ghost, McDavid, Eichel, and all the other talented young players coming in.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oh, I know he's that good. I'm pissed he was hurt too, because I didn't get to see him play in Chicago last year. I was really looking forward to it. I'm a fan of the game, and love to see talent like that flooding into the league. That goes for Panarin, Ghost, McDavid, Eichel, and all the other talented young players coming in.

It's actually a nice change. The young talent coming up we haven't seen in a long time.

Crosby has had the title of best player forever. He now has a challenger and not just McDavid. Laine, Matthews, Marner, Parayko, Ekblad, Nylander, Drai, Weresnki, et al.

A power shift is underway.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's actually a nice change. The young talent coming up we haven't seen in a long time.

Crosby has had the title of best player forever. He now has a challenger and not just McDavid. Laine, Matthews, Marner, Parayko, Ekblad, Nylander, Drai, Weresnki, et al.

A power shift is underway.

It's eventually something to be expected. Sid, Kane, Toews, Stamkos, Ovie, Sedins, Getzlaf, Kopitar etc. are all getting up there in age. Most have been in the league around 10 years or more already. Guys are going to start to hit the wrong side of 30, and the new talent will take over the reigns. It's definitely fun to see.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Radulov isn't dominating (Price is though) but he's playing like a top liner.

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
They are playing well, but i can guarantee the word " dominating" doesent pop up if they were North American players. Classic HF pro-Russia bias.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Radulov definitely isn't dominating the NHL. The hype doesn't match his play, either. Watch a Habs game and you will be disappointed.

Really? He's looked like the best f and player everytime I watch. Only Watched the first period last night but radulov abused muzzin downlow a couple a times....I also got to watch Weber fail to make a good breakout pass 4 times in one period but that's none of my business

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Alexander Radulov has 3 goals in 13 games.

No, he is not dominating the NHL. He's playing quite well though.

Not saying he is dominating but using goals to judge if a player is dominating or not can be misleading. Using goals only i would say Joe Thronton was a pretty average player when it comes to elite talents.

halcyon

Jun 23, 2015
Russian and CHI fans can raise whatever argument they want, but old man Panarin faces the most sheltered minutes and lowest defensive zone start % out of every player in the NHL.

Fact: Panarin is the most sheltered player in the NHL, travesty he won the Calder.

Honest question. How much have you actually watched Panarin play? There is a reason he starts a high percentage of shifts in the offensive zone. And that reason is he is a hell of a good offensive player... the second best offensive player on the Hawks. Quenneville deploys his players strategically so that the Hawks have the best chance of winning games. And I'd say it's working, seeing as the Hawks are currently best in the West and riding a 7-game win streak.

Panarin is not inept defensively. He makes decent defensive plays when he needs to. But it'd be an absolute waste of his talents to start him in the defensive zone more often when the Hawks have other players who can handle that, so that Panarin can conserve his energy for trying to, you know, score goals and win games.

I guess the Hawks care more about winning than appeasing whiny Oilers/McDavid fans who are still upset about Panarin winning the Calder.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Honest question. How much have you actually watched Panarin play? There is a reason he starts a high percentage of shifts in the offensive zone. And that reason is he is a hell of a good offensive player... the second best offensive player on the Hawks. Quenneville deploys his players strategically so that the Hawks have the best chance of winning games. And I'd say it's working, seeing as the Hawks are currently best in the West and riding a 7-game win streak.

Panarin is not inept defensively. He makes decent defensive plays when he needs to. But it'd be an absolute waste of his talents to start him in the defensive zone more often when the Hawks have other players who can handle that, so that Panarin can conserve his energy for trying to, you know, score goals and win games.

I guess the Hawks care more about winning than appeasing whiny Oilers/McDavid fans who are still upset about Panarin winning the Calder.

I tried to explain that to him already... I think it was just ignored. :laugh:

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
Habs fan here saying that Radulov is not "dominating"

He's definitely has game breaking qualities with his creativity and strength combination.

And it looks like he's just having fun out there.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Radulov is the definition of "Above average" but not near superstar status. Panarin I still believe is a product of Kane/Keith

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Radulov is the definition of "Above average" but not near superstar status. Panarin I still believe is a product of Kane/Keith

:laugh:

On what grounds? Apparently you aren't reading any of this thread, or watching any Hawks games. Because Panarin is top 10 in points this season, pushing Anisimov to be top 10 in points this season as well, and IS NOT on a line with Kane. He was for like 3 games to start the year, and for the past 12 has been with Anisimov and Hossa.

And... how would he be a product of Keith? That just makes no sense whatsoever.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Panarin is a product of Kane and Keith? Wow, just wow.

If anything this thread proves a lot of people are still in denial about the quality of talent outside the NHL.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
If anything this thread proves a lot of people are still in denial about the quality of talent outside the NHL.
It also proves why Trump is our president-elect...

My god. It's astonishing.
What's astonishing to me is how people can think a topic on a hockey forum about whether players are "dominating" in the NHL connects to other Leagues or politics (seems to me more like those comments connect to a person's personal bias/need to make unrelated arguments)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad