Panarin and Radulov dominating the NHL

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Will it make teams re-think into signing KHL stars? Basically, the top KHL stars have proven that they can become top NHL stars with no "adjustment phase" whatsoever. I think teams were hesitant to sign Radulov in question of how good the KHL is and now regret their decision. You see guys earning the same amount of money as Radulov with much longer terms who are playing poorly right now.

I think the top teams of the future are those that are going to poach the top stars from the KHL. Yearly, KHL Free agents must be analyzed by fans just as importantly as NHL free agents. It's a different time compared to when the NHL was the only professional league that had all of the star talent.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Panarin is what, 3rd best forward on his own team? Thats not dominating. Same with Radulov. Good players, no superstars.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Radulov is tied with 14 other players in 30th in scoring in the NHL...I don't know if i call that dominating the NHL, but he is playing well.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Zaitsev is doing very well aswell. But ya i would say this would make teams look to the KHL a little more, due to these players

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Perhaps not quite dominant, but he has been excellent and arguably our best foward.

an argument one would lose. He is, I will admit, better than I thought and he is douing all the things he needs to do to contribute. A great pickup so far, but he's not now our best forward and I have very real doubts he ends up there.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Panarin is what, 3rd best forward on his own team? Thats not dominating. Same with Radulov. Good players, no superstars.

Panarin scored 77 points in 80 games last year, good for top 10 in the league, and now he's currently tied for 5th in the league. It's early in the season but anyone who watches Panarin every game can see he is showing no signs of slowing down whatsoever.

Your "3rd best forward on his own team" argument is stupid. Anybody who plays on a team with Kane will never be the best forward on their own team, other than Crosby.

Panarin is dominating the league in every sense of the word.

I have not seen enough of Radulov to comment on him.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Radulov is 30 and had put up some pretty decent numbers in his short amount of time in the NHL before this season. He could've already been a 10 year NHL vet by now if he wanted to, but he chose the KHL. Has anyone ever questioned his talent?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Alexander Radulov has 3 goals in 13 games.

No, he is not dominating the NHL. He's playing quite well though.

He's a playmaker. Those are valuable members of NHL teams as well.

He also played with Lehkonen(3p) and Plekanec(5p) for an extended period of time.

You are comparing that to Panarin who's stitched to Kane's hips.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
he isn't, just ask columbus.

You sir win the interwebs.

Also, most of the reason a lot of Russians are not signed isn't always because they worry their game wont translate, its the risk that they bolt back to the KHL.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Alexander Radulov has 3 goals in 13 games.

No, he is not dominating the NHL. He's playing quite well though.

And 2 of them are empty net but I agree that he's been very good. I'd say he's the best and most consistent Hab forward so far this season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You sir win the interwebs.

Also, most of the reason a lot of Russians are not signed isn't always because they worry their game wont translate, its the risk that they bolt back to the KHL.

NHL and KHL have a transfer agreement to honor each other's contracts.

Of course, I'm not sure why Datsyuk got away with what he did so I might be misunderstanding something...

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
He has 11 points in 13 games. :laugh:

That's good. Domination? No. The Rangers have 8 players with 10+ points FFS.

Team-to-team point comparisons are irrelevant mostly. It's a team-oriented stat. Low-scoring teams can't be compared to high scoring ones as apples to apples. Your scoring stats are most relevant compared to your teammates.

an argument one would lose. He is, I will admit, better than I thought and he is douing all the things he needs to do to contribute. A great pickup so far, but he's not now our best forward and I have very real doubts he ends up there.

So far, it's not an argument that he'd clearly lose. Who has been better? At best you could argue Gallagher and Galchenyuk, but you could easily say Radulov has been the best of the three. Worst case, definitely a top line guy.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
He's a playmaker. Those are valuable members of NHL teams as well.

He also played with Lehkonen(3p) and Plekanec(5p) for an extended period of time.

You are comparing that to Panarin who's stitched to Kane's hips.

No, he's not. Panarin has been playing on a line with Anisimov and Hossa for the past several games, and he has been doing just fine.

I just can't believe this Panarin is a product of Kane thing is STILL a thing.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Dominating or not, the point the OP is trying to make is that these guys are clearly very capable NHL players. Do they make it more enticing to sign KHL guys moving forward? Probably...

ijuka

May 14, 2016
No, he's not. Panarin has been playing on a line with Anisimov and Hossa for the past several games, and he has been doing just fine.

I just cant believe this Panarin is a product of Kane thing is STILL a thing.
True, they did get separated some time ago. My bad.

Dominating or not, the point the OP is trying to make is that these guys are clearly very capable NHL players. Do they make it more enticing to sign KHL guys moving forward? Probably...

There are guys like Plotnikov, though. I think that scouting has to be done well. Some KHL guys just don't suit NHL at all.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What?

Teams weren't hesitant to sign Artemi Panarin. He had plenty of offers on the table and chose Blackhawks.

Teams also weren't hesitant to sign Alex Radulov because they didn't know how good KHL actually is, but for incidents like going drinking before a Playoff game and hitting his coach in the head with his stick.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Radulov is playing well but isn't dominating. Always working hard and I'm very happy about it.

But there is one knock on his play. He just can't get the puck out of his own zone. All of his attempt are resulting in turnover. Was it an issue in the KHL or it is only because he has less time to take decision and he hasn't been able to adapt to the NHL speed/rink size yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad