Panarin and Radulov dominating the NHL

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Remember when Dubinsky and Aaron freaking Voros were "dominating" the league at the end of the fall in the late 2000's for you? Yeah, good times. Again, Panarin might thrive on a team like rangers, where the scoring is spread out among what, 3 lines - still this is not dominating.

He has played on the most dominating line the last year. He already thrives in Chicago.. I dont even get what you are trying to say...

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Can you stop all your crap about Habs players/thread? :shakehead

He isnt wrong atleast not imo. Sure Radulov is a great player but he isnt dominating... He is 30th in the league in scoring, thats not dominating. Difference between beeing a very good player and dominating. Kane-line dominated last season and this season tbh, Scheifele line is dominating atm aswell etc.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Dominating or not, the point the OP is trying to make is that these guys are clearly very capable NHL players. Do they make it more enticing to sign KHL guys moving forward? Probably...

Sample size, in both games played and players, is way too damn small at this point.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He isnt wrong atleast not imo. Sure Radulov is a great player but he isnt dominating... He is 30th in the league in scoring, thats not dominating. Difference between beeing a very good player and dominating. Kane-line dominated last season and this season tbh, Scheifele line is dominating atm aswell etc.

You can have players that dominates on the ice where it doesn't show on the score board a la Kovalev.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
He's been amazing so far. 12 points in 14 games (still one period left), and 8 of his 9 assists were first assists. Not a single cheap, "phantom" assist. He pretty much created 9 goals just by himself.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
You can have players that dominates on the ice where it doesn't show on the score board a la Kovalev.

Ye but it doesnt result in goals? And the way you talk about dominating, every team has players that does that if thats what you call dominating. Im not saying Radulov isnt very good, he is. But saying he is dominating, then dominating has a new and lower standard than it has had before.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
He's been amazing so far. 12 points in 14 games (still one period left), and 8 of his 9 assists were first assists. Not a single cheap, "phantom" assist. He pretty much created 9 goals just by himself.

All by himself indeed. It's like he's alone on the ice.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
There was an awesome shift tonight against the Kings where Radu has the puck and he is circling in the opposite zone and a Kings player hits him and it's him who fell and Radu keeps skating like it was nothing. A Forsberg type of play. I didn't know the guy was that strong.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Please define "dominating".

I guess for most people Crosby is the only player potentially dominating anything when he's ON his game, with Price a close second. So it's really hard for a couple of very good Russian players to dominate the NHL since you have to be a top 3 player in this league.
Can you please lay off :deadhorse Crosby? When one says dominating the NHL, I don't know, I imagine at least top 10 scorer? Rudalov is nowhere near that, so excuse me for not thinking he's dominating :shakehead. Panarin, ok, that I'll give.

Last edited:

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Panarin scored 77 points in 80 games last year, good for top 10 in the league, and now he's currently tied for 5th in the league. It's early in the season but anyone who watches Panarin every game can see he is showing no signs of slowing down whatsoever.

Your "3rd best forward on his own team" argument is stupid. Anybody who plays on a team with Kane will never be the best forward on their own team, other than Crosby.

Panarin is dominating the league in every sense of the word.

I have not seen enough of Radulov to comment on him.

No, he is not. He is on a line with someone who is dominating the league. A star player whose point totals are on career highs as he is playing with one of, if not the best offensive forward in the league who he coincidentally has great chemistry with as well.

Kane would be challenging for the league lead without Panarin. Panarin would be struggling to put up top 20 point totals without Kane. That is the difference. Kind of like when Backstrom's point totals tailed off a little when OV's did.

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
Nice to know the word dominating has become synonymous with very good.

This. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Leaving this here so we don't have to debate about the word.

dom·i·nate
ˈdäməˌnāt/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: dominating
have a commanding influence on; exercise control over.
"the company dominates the market for operating system software"
synonyms: control, influence, exercise control over, command, be in command of, be in charge of, rule, govern, direct, have ascendancy over, have mastery over; More
be the most important or conspicuous person or thing in.

"the race was dominated by the 1992 champion"
(of something tall or high) have a commanding position over; overlook.
"a picturesque city dominated by the cathedral tower"
synonyms: overlook, command, tower above/over, loom over
"the village is dominated by the viaduct"

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Panarin has a 83.93% offensive zone start percentage.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
If they are dominating, what is Crosby doing?

They are good, that's what they are. Not superb or dominating. Not even elite. And even being elite player does not mean you dominate. Stamkos and Tavares are elite players, better than them, and they are not "dominating" either. Dominating the league means something like putting it on fire, winning Art Ross, Hart, Lindsay at the same time. That's what I call domination. If Panarin and Radulov dominate the NHL, then probably 100 players do as well, which doesn't really make sense, since dominating means you are above, or way above the rest.

Last edited:

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Will it make teams re-think into signing KHL stars? Basically, the top KHL stars have proven that they can become top NHL stars with no "adjustment phase" whatsoever. I think teams were hesitant to sign Radulov in question of how good the KHL is and now regret their decision. You see guys earning the same amount of money as Radulov with much longer terms who are playing poorly right now.

I think the top teams of the future are those that are going to poach the top stars from the KHL. Yearly, KHL Free agents must be analyzed by fans just as importantly as NHL free agents. It's a different time compared to when the NHL was the only professional league that had all of the star talent.

Panarin was overlooked by scouts probably because his size, Radulov was nothing new to the NHL Hawks were lucky to find that rare gem but it doesn't mean that KHL is full of Panarins, it's more like rare exception, that they didn't notice him earlier.I am pretty sure that especially top teams like Chicago with low draft picks and cap room problems have enough scouts in Europe and in Russia watching carefully.

Last edited:

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
No, he is not. He is on a line with someone who is dominating the league. A star player whose point totals are on career highs as he is playing with one of, if not the best offensive forward in the league who he coincidentally has great chemistry with as well.

Kane would be challenging for the league lead without Panarin. Panarin would be struggling to put up top 20 point totals without Kane. That is the difference. Kind of like when Backstrom's point totals tailed off a little when OV's did.

At least check your facts before you post stuff like this. You'd think you would know, seeing as he played your team last night. But Panarin is NOT ON A LINE WITH KANE. Hasn't been for the last several games now. And he hasn't skipped a beat offensively.

"Panarin would be struggling to put up top 20 point totals without Kane" is just a completely speculative statement to make with no basis in fact.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
52.3 % last season, 59.6% this season incl. PPs.And no Kane with him.

Looking at 5v5: Natural Stattrick has him at 83.93 offensive zone start % (highest amongst all players with more than 100 mins). Source: http://www.naturalstattrick.com/pla...score=all&rate=n&team=ALL&pos=S&loc=B&toi=100

Puckalytics has Panarin at 9.57% defensive zone starts at 5v5 (lowest % in amongst players with more than 50 mins ice time). Source: https://puckalytics.com/#/skaters?T...alse&dzs=true&orderby=DZFOPct&sortorder=false

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad