Proposal: Palmieri to Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
the Devils are not trading Palmieri for nothing short of an overpay

I'm sorry this offends

Which is fine. Dumoulin is much more than an overpayment. And Palmieri will be booking the first ticket out of Newark when he can.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
these type of statements are always a weird "flex" to me. Just because another GM was a moron three years doesn't have ANYTHING to do with today.

I mean that just isn't true. Trades and contract value negotiations are clearly influenced by trades and contracts that have actually happened. And not just in the NHL. That's how the world works.....

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I mean that just isn't true. Trades and contract value negotiations are clearly influenced by trades and contracts that have actually happened. And not just in the NHL. That's how the world works.....

So because the Oilers GM was a fool and gave Hall away for Larsson, the Devils are somehow going to get a lesser deal than they ordinarily would because Hall was had for cheap? What kind of sense does that make?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
So because the Oilers GM was a fool and gave Hall away for Larsson, the Devils are somehow going to get a lesser deal than they ordinarily would because Hall was had for cheap? What kind of sense does that make?

Dumoulin is a better defenseman than Larson and is on a cap controlled deal for the next four years.

Hall is a UFA. Does context mean nothing?

I’d be surprised if the return for Hall is anywhere close to a player like Dumo on that type of contract.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dumo is a top D man with two cups. Pens are not trading him period. Plus, Pens can pick up a player at the TDL either a player for player or a team needing to move a UFA.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Dumoulin is a better defenseman than Larson and is on a cap controlled deal for the next four years.

Hall is a UFA. Does context mean nothing?

I’d be surprised if the return for Hall is anywhere close to a player like Dumo on that type of contract.

none of that is the point of my post. My point was what the Devils paid for Hall 3 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with today.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
ah yeah we should just trade all our good players then

Like I said, the ask would be Dumoulin. That's fine if you don't think that's fair and don't want to pay it, but the Devils aren't going to trade him to the Pens otherwise.
I agree.

For the Devils to make a trade with a divisional rival, Dumo would be the ask. Pens of course would so no, but that is a reasonable, makes sense, ask.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Probably not one for one, but a top pairing D who is basically on a sweet heart deal and has two cup rings playing top four minutes (including one as our de facto # 1) is certainly not going for a 50 pt wing who has never broken 20 ES goals.

Also, you got Hall for a worse version of Dumo.. So, weird flex.
He’s not a top pairing guy on a good defensive team.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Are you confusing top pairing D for # 1 D?
Well here is 31 LHD better then Dumolin so hopefully this proves my point.
Rielly, OEL, Hedman, Dahlin, Slavin, Makar, Werenski, Hieskanen, Ekholm, Hampus Lindholm, Girodano, Ryan Suter, Chabot, Provonov, Theodore, Morissey, Nurse, Klefbom, Hughes, Edler, Vlasic, Muzzin, McDonagh, Orlov, Schmidt, Krug, Kieth, Chara, Fowler, Lindel, Yandle

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well here is 31 LHD better then Dumolin so hopefully this proves my point.
Rielly, OEL, Hedman, Dahlin, Slavin, Makar, Werenski, Hieskanen, Ekholm, Hampus Lindholm, Girodano, Ryan Suter, Chabot, Provonov, Theodore, Morissey, Nurse, Klefbom, Hughes, Edler, Vlasic, Muzzin, McDonagh, Orlov, Schmidt, Krug, Kieth, Chara, Fowler, Lindel, Yandle

Neat. Dumoulin would be a top pairing D on New Jersey if they traded for him. Dumoulin was a top pairing D on two cup winners. Glad you’ve listed a bunch of LDs.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Nice list, remind me how many cups do all those players have? Dumo is a top pairing D man with a really good AAV. Palmieri is a nice RW but something tells me he is gone one way or another. Pens can get him for far less at the TDL but Shero will ask to much and hope someone meets that ask. I assure you it will never be Dumo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad