Proposal: Palmieri to Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
If NJ wants to contend soon, they just do not trade him. If they want to continue the rebuild (weird to take the Subban contract and to consider extending Hall then), I believe a 1st + Poulin + depth player / lower pick should be what it takes.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Kyle Palmieri is a top-15 RW in his prime signed for one more year at a great cap hit. If you're not giving up Dumoulin then just lock the thread and save the board some bandwidth.

Wow, get one more year of him and we have to give up our second most valuable and most consistent Dman for him? Not reasonable. There isn't a match here. Everyone loves to come to Pittsburgh with our glut of forwards. Pass.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We would be selling low on Palmieri to trade him right now. He's playing like garbage and is a complete ghost at 5 on 5.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Kyle Palmieri is a top-15 RW in his prime signed for one more year at a great cap hit. If you're not giving up Dumoulin then just lock the thread and save the board some bandwidth.
Your combination of words is confusing. He's only top 15 based on points, and because he has played more games than players that are better than him. He is maybe, maybe, top 30. Which is not combarable to a #1 Dman.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Your combination of words is confusing. He's only top 15 based on points, and because he has played more games than players that are better than him. He is maybe, maybe, top 30. Which is not combarable to a #1 Dman.

He may not be a top 15 RW, but he's still fairly young (28) and has one of the best shots in the game, could be a very good pickup for a contender, and he does have the extra year on his contract. Don't know enough about Dumo to comment on that part of it in terms of value, but obviously no contending team would move their top defenseman in a trade, I don't know if that's ever happened in the history of the league.

I think Palmieri would put up better numbers on a better team, our whole offense is absolutely putrid right now, might be worse than Ottawa's.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Wow, get one more year of him and we have to give up our second most valuable and most consistent Dman for him? Not reasonable. There isn't a match here. Everyone loves to come to Pittsburgh with our glut of forwards. Pass.

why would the Devils want to deal him otherwise, especially to a division rival? You'd have to make it worth their while.

you do realize this thread was not made by a Devils fan, right?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Because New Jersey ain’t a Palms away from a Cup or contention.

ah yeah we should just trade all our good players then

Like I said, the ask would be Dumoulin. That's fine if you don't think that's fair and don't want to pay it, but the Devils aren't going to trade him to the Pens otherwise.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
ah yeah we should just trade all our good players then

Like I said, the ask would be Dumoulin. That's fine if you don't think that's fair and don't want to pay it, but the Devils aren't going to trade him to the Pens otherwise.

He’s a 29 year old UFA. He likely wants to win a cup and wants term. He’s the kind of piece Jersey should entertain moving especially if they are going to lose Hall.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
And you need to factor into the concerns of the team trading its best goal-scoring winger, a native son of the state, and who is not a pending UFA.

That's fine. New Jersey can turn down any Palmieri for "lesser pieces" offers. My point is it doesn't even make sense to respond with "start with Dumoulin" because then there's no deal and you're better off just saying "I don't think there's a deal to be made because who the Devils want, the Pens won't deal". Pens need Dumoulin more than they need Palmieri.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That's fine. New Jersey can turn down any Palmieri for "lesser pieces" offers. My point is it doesn't even make sense to respond with "start with Dumoulin" because then there's no deal and you're better off just saying "I don't think there's a deal to be made because who the Devils want, the Pens won't deal". Pens need Dumoulin more than they need Palmieri.

tell that to your fellow Pens fan, who started this thread.

the Devils have no interest in trading Palmieri so don't get offended when fans of opposing teams tell you what it'd take for them to be swayed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

the Devils have no interest in trading Palmieri so don't get offended when fans of opposing teams tell you what it'd take for them to be swayed.

I'm not offended? I'm just saying that there's no realistic way the Pens move Dumoulin in ANY trade for a scoring winger, not just for Palmieri.

Surely there are other guys on the Pens roster who have value where it doesn't have to be "Dumoulin or nothing"?

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

“Mom says you HAVE to make a trade with us.”

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
He’s a 29 year old UFA. He likely wants to win a cup and wants term. He’s the kind of piece Jersey should entertain moving especially if they are going to lose Hall.

He's 28 and still a year and a half away from free agency.

He grew up in NJ and seems to like it here, so it's reasonable that he would sign an extension with the Devils - but if he wants to try to win elsewhere or the Devils don't feel his age aligns well with their window of contention, then I'd be fine with them dealing him. Would have to take a good package though, as their RW depth is not great beyond him - especially since Simmonds is a likely candidate to be dealt.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
We'd want Dumoulin, which would wrap up the discussion pretty quickly.

Nothing to see here.

We should get a sign of this made up and hang it up with the first 5 posts of every NJD/Pens trade thread.

Also, given Palmieri is from NJ and seems to love playing there, I wouldnt be shocked to see him sign an extension with them when his current deal is done. He doesnt strike me as the typical "we gotta cash in before he walks" type of player, either this season or next.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's 28 and still a year and a half away from free agency.

He grew up in NJ and seems to like it here, so it's reasonable that he would sign an extension with the Devils - but if he wants to try to win elsewhere or the Devils don't feel his age aligns well with their window of contention, then I'd be fine with them dealing him. Would have to take a good package though, as their RW depth is not great beyond him - especially since Simmonds is a likely candidate to be dealt.

So he is a 29 year old UFA.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
The Devils and Pens won't deal with each other.

Palmeiri is a good winger not worth close to Dumo.

The penguins can and will find other trade partners. The Devils will try to win the lottery again.

End thread

Reactions: Hamurai

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Penguins trade values goes:

1) Crosby

2-5) Guentzel, Malkin, Letang, and Dumoulin. You could justify any order of these players that you'd like.

Point being is that Dumoulin is somewhere between our 2nd and 5th best asset. If Dumo hit the open market this summer he'd get 7/$50M. Instead he's going to get 3/$12.3M.

I like Palmieri but nah.

Would you do a 1st + POJ instead?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

And Brian Dumoulin won two Stanley Cups as a top pair, shutdown defenseman signed for FOUR more years at 4.1m. What a stupid comment.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
And Brian Dumoulin won two Stanley Cups as a top pair, shutdown defenseman signed for FOUR more years at 4.1m. What a stupid comment.

Wonderful.

Again, a NJ fan did not create this. You keep your guy, we'll keep ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad