WWE: Paige suspended for second wellness violation

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Paige's brothers also commented.

Said she is in line to get potentially career ending neck surgery, she is in constant pain, and an outside doctor prescribed her pain killers not on WWE's wellness policy list.

Also implied the company is just out to get her.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well if she's smart she won't try to leave until she gets surgery so she at least gets paid while she's out.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The implication seems to be that the WWE doctor wants a different course of treatment then her private doctor.

Which is why I never understood the position some people have about falling in line with WWE doctors. There's a huge conflict of interest for WWE doctors and they can't be trusted on their own. These guys should ALWAYS go to their own doctor.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The entire point of the rule with doctors is to stop the wrestlers from getting multiple prescriptions for drugs.

In the past, wrestlers have killed themselves by doing so and many more have had problems with addiction. This is why the rule is in place, and why I will always support it. I don't like people being dead.

No one is stopping anyone going to outside doctors, just any drugs given must be cleared by the WWE doctors. This is a more than reasonable demand given history.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The entire point of the rule with doctors is to stop the wrestlers from getting multiple prescriptions for drugs.

In the past, wrestlers have killed themselves by doing so and many more have had problems with addiction. This is why the rule is in place, and why I will always support it. I don't like people being dead.

No one is stopping anyone going to outside doctors, just any drugs given must be cleared by the WWE doctors. This is a more than reasonable demand given history.

Ya it is really hard to ignore the tragically short lifespan for wrestlers, and the issues with drug abuse that plays into that.

WWE may very well be doing some sleazy business here with Paige, but I find it hard to be against this policy overall considering the history with wrestlers.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I support the idea but I don't support WWE's way of handling it because there is still a massive conflict of interest on their part. There has to be a lot more of an independent influence on their medical policies than there is.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE responded to Paige and her family:

“Saraya-Jade Bevis tested positive for an illegal substance, not a prescription drug,” WWE’s statement to The Post read. “In addition, WWE is providing world-class medical care for her in-ring injury.”

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of the real issues here is a lack of responsibility. Coming off of the first suspension she should be attached to the hip with whoever is the contact at WWE

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I kind of hope the second suspension is because she smoked marijuana

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Which is why I never understood the position some people have about falling in line with WWE doctors. There's a huge conflict of interest for WWE doctors and they can't be trusted on their own. These guys should ALWAYS go to their own doctor.

You never trust a company doctor, I know from first hand experience.

As for the prescriptions MCG, not all painkillers are able to be written from you primary Dr. The stuff I was given for after my back surgery 2 weeks ago only certain people can write the script.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Same here. If they need to have a prescription from another doctor approved by one of the WWE doctors, so be it. If someone wants to go to their own doctor for treatment the should be allowed to, but they should IMO also be consulting with WWE docs as well so they are also aware of the treatment.

As has been said WWE has done some shady things here but I would say with the way the wellness policy is laid out they are in the right.

Do they maybe need to just outright say what the wellness violations are for? I think that would be some sort of breach of privacy but with these last few violation 'speaking out against' the WWE maybe they just need to go ahead and say it.

So and so received a wellness violation because of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00