Rumor: Pagnotta: Dumba deal in the works, Vancouver along several teams interested

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Unless there is a name out there that isn’t on the radar, I don’t see a scenario where trading Dumba makes this team better in the short term or long term. Can’t fathom why Guerin appears to be painting himself in a corner.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Unless there is a name out there that isn’t on the radar, I don’t see a scenario where trading Dumba makes this team better in the short term or long term. Can’t fathom why Guerin appears to be painting himself in a corner.
:huh:

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Many Vancouver fans And sports talk hosts Talk about a potential Dumba for Boeser deal. Thoughts?
4f91r6.jpg

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Red Wings fan coming in peace. I am trying to understand this whole Dumba situation and I just do not get it. A 25 year old top 4 right handed shot is potentially going to be moved why? Why not just protect him in the expansion draft along with Suter, Brodin and Spurgeon. For a team rebuilding why not keep a young potential stud dman? I get that Minnesota needs center help but why move Dumba for that?

Can you guys please help explain it cause I just do not get it.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Red Wings fan coming in peace. I am trying to understand this whole Dumba situation and I just do not get it. A 25 year old top 4 right handed shot is potentially going to be moved why? Why not just protect him in the expansion draft along with Suter, Brodin and Spurgeon. For a team rebuilding why not keep a young potential stud dman? I get that Minnesota needs center help but why move Dumba for that?

Some of us can’t wrap our heads around it either. Team just seems hell bent on doing it for some strange reason.

At this point just hoping it’s not an embarrassment of a return.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

I get it if it’s for a center. If for a winger, even Boeser I wouldn’t like the deal. We need to improve up the middle and we have more depth at defense. I’d be perfectly fine with letting his value rise by holding onto him before we would potentially trade him.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

Fans have their theories, I think a lot stems from wanting to to protect 7-3-1. The zwild can protect 8 skaters but that pretty much means the Wild punts on the season since picking up another forward means we expose EK.

RHD is a bit of a strength for the Wild and if they want to improve our top 6 centers they need to move good pieces out to get good pieces back.

now that minnesota traded Staal they arguable have zero top 6 Centers now. Unless they move Dumba for a center they can pretty much start booking their golf trips and get ready for a top 6 draft pick.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I’m interested in hearing about this depth on defense thing. Can I subscribe to a newsletter?

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis

The Wild need a top six center. If they can get one for Dumba it makes sense to trade him. If they can't they are probably better off holding on to him and protecting four defensemen.

Reactions: TaLoN and Nsjohnson

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wild stunner: Eric Staal dealt to Sabres, and the Matt Dumba rumors intensify
Two teams believed to be hot after Dumba are the Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks, but the Toronto Maple Leafs and Tampa Bay Lightning also have right-shot defenseman needs.
There’s lots of chatter that the Jets are willing to trade Jack Roslovic (a wing who could play center), Nikolaj Ehlers and Patrik Laine this offseason, while the Wild just hired former Canucks director of amateur scouting Judd Brackett for the same role in Minnesota.
So Brackett knows the Canucks’ roster inside and out and one does wonder if Guerin would sacrifice flipping Dumba for a center if he could get hold of right-shot sniper Brock Boeser.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I think Russo's getting a little bit of tunnel vision on the center thing. We do have other pieces that could acquire some of the centers that are likely available or semi-available, including two 1sts next year. Dumba would have to be traded if/when that happens, but he doesn't necessarily need to be part of that trade.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
No news letter, but there is a website called iowawild.com.

So no meaningful NHL depth then? And certainly nothing in the pipeline beyond Addison.

Which is exactly my point in questioning where this supposed depth is at? Trade Dumba and be unable to re-sign Soucy and this supposed “depth” couldn’t be further from the truth. Especially as it pertains to the 2020-21 season.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Dumba + Donato for Boeser + Demko
Kunin + Pitt 2021 1st for D. Strome

Fiala-Strome-Boeser
Kaprizov-Ek-Zuccarello
Greenway-Rossi-Bjugstad
Foligno-Johansson-Hartman
Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Soucy
Somebody-Belpedio

Demko
Kahk

Who else would by hyped about watching that lineup next year?

Reactions: Spurgeon

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Dumba + Donato for Boeser + Demko
Kunin + Pitt 2021 1st for D. Strome

Fiala-Strome-Boeser
Kaprizov-Ek-Zuccarello
Greenway-Rossi-Bjugstad
Foligno-Johansson-Hartman
Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Soucy
Somebody-Belpedio

Demko
Kahk

Who else would by hyped about watching that lineup next year?
Which Strome is that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad