Rumor: Pagnotta: Dumba deal in the works, Vancouver along several teams interested

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It doesn't really say anything is imminent as the title kinda suggests.
Next to his comments on XM, he's talking about "not sure if it's finalized", kinda does. But it's just a rumor at this point on a deal in the works... means still discussing, teams bidding etc.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So if Winnipeg is interested in Dumba I would have hoped Ehlers or Laine would be involved

Now I'm praying we get at least Roslovic.

Reactions: Spurgeon

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sending Dumba to a divisional opponent would come back and bite them in the arse a million times over season after season after season.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sending Dumba to a divisional opponent would come back and bite them in the arse a million times over season after season after season.

He just traded Staal for Johansson, I don't think he cares about the teams performance.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Either that, or he has bigger plans he's working on... doesn't excuse the Staal trade though.

Unless we're trading Johansson for a 1C there is nothing in the world that makes this deal acceptable.

Maybe he's trading Johansson+ to Arizona. Cuts cash spending for them.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dumba+Johansson for Laine

Kaprizov-Laine-Fiala

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
There must be more incoming from the Wild seeing as this deal has them sending away one of their few remaining centers for another winger. It's quite the headscratcher, but it might make sense for them when all is said and done and the puzzle is complete. They can't really insert Rask as a top-two centerman next year, right? I get that they could realistically place Kunin higher in the lineup as a center, but I've always thought he looked better on the wing, and it all seems a bit premature and rushed to me.

Anyways, I'm guessing that they will trade Dumba for some sort of center coming back, but if the rumors saying Winnipeg is the frontrunner on that front are true, that center might only be a short-term fix (Perreault) coming back alongside other assets.

Reactions: MNRube

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There must be more incoming from the Wild seeing as this deal has them sending away one of their few remaining centers for another winger. It's quite the headscratcher, but it might make sense for them when all is said and done and the puzzle is complete. They can't really insert Rask as a top-two centerman next year, right? I get that they could realistically place Kunin higher in the lineup as a center, but I've always thought he looked better on the wing, and it all seems a bit premature and rushed to me.

Anyways, I'm guessing that they will trade Dumba for some sort of center coming back, but if the rumors saying Winnipeg is the frontrunner on that front are true, that center might only be a short-term fix (Perreault) coming back alongside other assets.

Perreaut the 32 year old cap dump that plays wing?

Why are you here?

Reactions: zellmatic

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Perreaut the 32 year old cap dump that plays wing?

Why are you here?

Except that he can play center and did for a few years way back when.

He could be a serviceable guy to have for the short term while you get back some future pieces (prospects, picks, young roster players ala Roslovic, whatever package you can get) for Dumba from Winnipeg.

That's purely speculation, of course, but if Winnipeg is the most likely team to acquire Dumba, you're not getting a good young center, or top center prospect, they just don't have those available for deals.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

He could be a serviceable guy to have for the short term while you get back some future pieces (prospects, picks, young roster players ala Roslovic, whatever package you can get) for Dumba from Winnipeg.

That's purely speculation, of course, but if Winnipeg is the most likely team to acquire Dumba, you're not getting a good young center, or top center prospect, they just don't have those available for deals.

Link the report that Winnipeg is most likely. I'd like to see that.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

He's terrible at center from what I heard. His best year he played wing. This is such an awful deal.

Yeah, Winnipeg has nothing. Unless there is a three team trade and Dumba is traded for a winger traded for a center?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

I thought all arrows were pointing to potentially Calgary for Dumba?? The Wild have never really been the type of team to trade "within" the Division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad