Injury Report: Pageau injury (upd: recovering well)

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
Probably one of the more happy go lucky positive players on the team. His attitude will be missed in the dressing room. And the bad mojo continues to this season..

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
What kind of fitness testing explodes your Achilles tendon? Was he rebounding box jumps or something? Who was running the fitness tests? This seems like one of those completely avoidable injuries. Anyone who's ever done vertical jump tests or box jumps knows that you have to do them in such a way as to never rebound and load your ankle. Someone messed up here.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
He also plays a position of weakness, our top 3 centres will be Duchene, Tierney, Brown.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Odds are he had chronic tightness or some previous smaller injuries to his achilles tendon, and the testing was simply the final straw.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I fell bad for him, he sounded pretty excited for the opportunity at a bigger role.

That said our roster is a tire fire and has almost no chance at respectability this year, so who really cares.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Apparently he didn't train all summer?

Seems a bit crazy considering how big of a chance he was getting at being the 2nd line C

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
JGP, hope you a full and speedy recovery. The time off could be a blessing in disguise.

Hope it doesn't hamper his career. I also hope our young players don't get dejected with the start of their NHL career playing at #EmptyCTC. I am rooting for the lads without dropping a dime.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I heard he just got back to town and he was honeymooning all summer.

Of course this what I heard, I have no idea if this is true.

Hmmm Honeymoon..explains the bad achilles theory someone posted here lol. In any case not dumping on you, but JGP is a fiend, he keeps himself in shape as a true heart and soul soldier of this team.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017

Weber was on skates a few weeks ago still a December return for him. Good for everyone he's on the ice again(pageau).

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Had a heart attack at the thread title! Might need an update.

What's our C hierarchy when he's back? I'd say White has cemented the #2 spot playing with Tkachuk and Stone.

Duchene - White - Tierney - Pageau looks really deep all of a sudden, with Chlapik waiting in the AHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Had a heart attack at the thread title! Might need an update.

What's our C hierarchy when he's back? I'd say White has cemented the #2 spot playing with Tkachuk and Stone.

Duchene - White - Tierney - Pageau looks really deep all of a sudden, with Chlapik waiting in the AHL.
Pageau will be our #2C if not immediately when he returns, very soon after.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Going to be alot of rust on him when he gets back ,him playing 4th line mins for the first few weeks ..Seems prudent

Reactions: DJB

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
  • The Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch reports that center Jean-Gabriel Pageau, who has been out all season with a torn Achilles muscle, continues to make amazing progress as he joined the team on their four-game road trip in New York and skated with the team Sunday in a non-contact jersey. Despite a six-month timetable in mid-September, Pageau looks closer and closer to returning to the team quite a bit earlier than the original diagnosis.
Atlantic Notes:

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino