Injury Report: Pageau injury (upd: recovering well)

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Then more players are exposed to a silly risk.

How many Sens underwent season ending surgery post testing?

Like I said. Freak accident.

Just because an injury is supposed to occur due to certain situations doesn't mean it will.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hey, I could be wrong!

I just think that since he holds value, makes a fair chunk of coin, and is a UFA soon, that he's prime candidate to be shipped out before his deal expires. With the injury that's next years problem though. If we sign Duchene, it's a done deal imo. We have too much cheap depth coming up the ranks behind Duchene for them not to be interested in shedding more payroll there. We're also stuck with Smith signed one year longer, but I'm sure if he was tradable he would go before JGP.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Hey, I could be wrong!

I just think that since he holds value, makes a fair chunk of coin, and is a UFA soon, that he's prime candidate to be shipped out before his deal expires. With the injury that's next years problem though. If we sign Duchene, it's a done deal imo. We have too much cheap depth coming up the ranks behind Duchene for them not to be interested in shedding more payroll there. We're also stuck with Smith signed one year longer, but I'm sure if he was tradable he would go before JGP.
I'm sad because I agree. I mentioned last week that the Senators can't pay a premium for middle and upper middle non-cost controlled talent. Unfortunately JGP is on that list once this contract is up. Too bad. He's my favourite.

Reactions: Gesus

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Pageau should be kept by the Sens. He's terrific. Kinda like Byron in Montreal. Swiss Army knife type player that can be clutch when needed. Can play top six, pk and pp.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Pageau should be kept by the Sens. He's terrific. Kinda like Byron in Montreal. Swiss Army knife type player that can be clutch when needed. Can play top six, pk and pp.
Big time pker
And not afraid to battle with the Ovies of the league

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm sad because I agree. I mentioned last week that the Senators can't pay a premium for middle and upper middle non-cost controlled talent. Unfortunately JGP is on that list once this contract is up. Too bad. He's my favourite.
It really is too bad. Its an Ottawa Senators financial problem, not any issue with the player, so its harder to swallow.

I lost Hoffman this summer, so i feel your pain.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I just think that since he holds value, makes a fair chunk of coin, and is a UFA soon, that he's prime candidate to be shipped out before his deal expires.

That would be a catastrophically bad move.

You push to sign a guy like that.

It would be like dealing away your Energizer bunny player on your roster and expecting success.

He set the tone in high stakes games, and having him in the lineup with Tkachuk would be dynamite.

It also signals to your fans that in the midst of a rebuild, that there will be no end in sight to it.

Forget a boycott, alienating your fans like that will empty out your building faster than an empty net goal while your team had the puck and posession.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

It would be like dealing away your Energizer bunny player on your roster and expecting success.

He set the tone in high stakes games, and having him in the lineup with Tkachuk would be dynamite.

It also signals to your fans that in the midst of a rebuild, that there will be no end in sight to it.

Forget a boycott, alienating your fans like that will empty out your building faster than an empty net goal while your team had the puck and posession.
You're not wrong.

This is what I expect to happen, not what I want to happen. I don't think it's ideal for management, but if they continue to try to shed payroll by trading vets away as I think most expect they will, then he is a front runner to be a casualty based on his contract situation and the youth at Center coming. If Duchene signs, imo he's gone 100%. If Duchene gets traded at the deadline, we probably keep him if he's willing to re-sign.

With the major injury, he may not cash in quite as much as a UFA, so I do think there's a slightly higher chance he stays than before the injury.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Cheesiest wedding video ever?

Most of us here are men, meaning that the wedding video generally isn't for us. ;-) Rule #1 of weddings - it is the bride's day. Rule #2 - see Rule #1. Our job as guys is to smile, nod, and show up on time. Period.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Where are you playing Tierney, Chlapik, potentially Brown and Smith next year if you don't move Pageau (assuming Duchene re-signs).

Reactions: DrEasy

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Cheesiest wedding video ever?

He probably paid 20 grand for that...lol Interesting to see he invited all of the good Sens players...and then Vincent Dunn. Also neat to See Danny Briere there as I've always seen Pager as Briere lite.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I'd be willing to bet this guy doesn't finish his contract as a Senator. Prime trade bait.

He's an immensly popular local francophone boy. And he's a legit awesome third line center.

Unless he loses a step or something after the injury or has ludicrous contract demands I'd be surprised to see the Sens move pageau

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Stone, Duchene, Karlsson, Turris and Methot are on the seating chart but nowhere to be seen. Were they skyping in?

upload_2018-12-5_21-54-8.png

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Duchene, Karlsson, Turris and Methot are on the seating chart but nowhere to be seen. Were they skyping in?

View attachment 161983
You can see Karlsson a couple times at the ceremony, and I'm pretty sure on the dance floor, for a snippet near the end , you can see Mad Dog Duchene going bonkers on the dance floor! Got to 4:21 and pretty sure it's him owning the dance floor

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Most of us here are men, meaning that the wedding video generally isn't for us. ;-) Rule #1 of weddings - it is the bride's day. Rule #2 - see Rule #1. Our job as guys is to smile, nod, and show up on time. Period.

Giroux's video is almost identical. Seems like the barn wedding is the fad right now

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Barn weddings are definitely the fad for the past few years. I mean I don’t hate em or anything but it’s very trendy right now.

And I just picture some of these people with farms way over charging them city slickers for the wedding!

Reactions: coladin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->