Proposal: Pageau and Duclair to the Oilers

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Melnyk is seeing a monetary gain, he would approve a trade regardless of the impact on the team.
This is exactly why I havent embraced the rebuild,EM is still going to always do what is best for his wallet rather than do what is best for the team....

Him scrambling to sign both White and Chabot to long term deals ,have weakened our position to ever make solid signings...The agents and players know EM and will ask for huge money on every deal now,as he needs to try and save face with the fanbase

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Dorian doesn't get a 1st and a B prospect for a 55 point centre that should be a fireable offense. Pretty much standard return by now.

Not only is he producing but his two way game and playoff resume is very very good. He is a great skater with a good motor he also only turned 27 in November so he should be seen as a player that has long term value if they retain him. I agree a 1st and a prospect should be the minimum. Id prefer a pick in 2022 personally.

Something like 1st 2020 and a 3rd in 2022.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not only is he producing but his two way game and playoff resume is very very good. He is a great skater with a good motor he also only turned 27 in November so he should be seen as a player that has long term value if they retain him. I agree a 1st and a prospect should be the minimum. Id prefer a pick in 2022 personally.

Something like 1st 2020 and a 3rd in 2022.

Oilers aren't giving up a 2020 1st this year in any trade. At least that is the indication by Holland on other fronts. Don't see that being in play for Duclair or Pageau. Probably means no deal between these two teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Oilers aren't giving up a 2020 1st this year in any trade. At least that is the indication by Holland on other fronts. Don't see that being in play for Duclair or Pageau. Probably means no deal between these two teams.
Should never have been suggested,Ottawa doesnt need another 1st that badly come on

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I kinda torn,a late 1st or keeping a great leader and player,to help guide the kids...This team has lost so much,and the kids on the team need to see the exodus come to a end sooner or later..

Id like to keep him.

Only way I'd move him is if he's dead set on getting as much cash as he can, or doesn't want to come back.

Reactions: topshelf15

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yeah understandable given where the oilers are in the standings but someone is going to give up a first for him.

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad