Proposal: Pageau and Duclair to the Oilers

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I think both of those are reasonable, although I think Holland will be more inclined to package Puljujarvi for a skilled winger with team control. A mid round pick for Ennis is something the Oilers should have done weeks ago.

Do you have any idea what kind of RFA contract Tierney will get?
Something around 3-3.5m for 2 or 3 years

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Tennis (Tierney/Ennis) to Edmonton for Pulj+ makes way too much sense at this point, but Duclair could make sense as well, if Holland is willing to pay up. Duclair is an RFA and could be a forever winger for mcjesus

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Duclair is worth a second IMO.

Facepalm. Duclair is rfa and sens best forward now. He is better than his points show he creates tons of chances every game and playing on worst offensive team in the league.

There is 0 chance he is traded. Especially for a 2nd lol

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Duclair > Coleman, he got 2x 1sts, pretty sure sellers will see that as a benchmark (does not mean they will get it but it means HF board fans are overvaluing their prospects and picks ;) ). Next to that Hayes last year does not seem so high of a price ;)

Coleman is signed next year at 1.8. That held tremendous value to a cap strapped Ligntning club. Duclair is going to command what 5 million per?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I

Don't know that Senators fans would be upset with another prospect, of that was the only hang up. But again, I don't speak for Ottawa fans.

No interest in pool party. Guy bails on his team and heads to Russia after failing to live up to expectations.

Bad attitude, poor performance and quickly heading to bust territory.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No interest in pool party. Guy bails on his team and heads to Russia after failing to live up to expectations.

So much wrong here.
First of all he did not go to Russia.
He exercised his right as a player without contract to sign with Karpat after falling out with Oilers organization. His stock hasn't gone down considering his point totals abroad. If anything his value is much higher than what it was last season.
One can argue that Logan Brown is closer to becoming a bust than Puljujarvi

Reactions: bert

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So much wrong here.
He exercised his right as a player without contract to sign with Karpat after falling out with Oilers organization. His stock hasn't gone down considering his point totals abroad. If anything his value is much higher than what it was last season.

If he had decent value he would have been traded by now

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

For Tierney it makes sense, raw talent is still potentially there, he didnt head to russia either.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So much wrong here.
Was fine with your post until the last sentence. Brown is scoring alot at the AHL level and is continuing to evolve and show improvement while not abandoning his organization. Neither are busts yet. Both are big players and can still turn out.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Was fine with your post until the last sentence. Brown is scoring alot at the AHL level and is continuing to evolve and show improvement while not abandoning his organization. Neither are busts yet. Both are big players and can still turn out.
I added Brown comparison for dramatic effect. I don't think he is a bust.
Puljujarvi in his rookie year (4 yrs ago) put up great AHL numbers as well. He was PPG in his short AHL stint last year as well. Pulju could/would have easily out produced Brown in AHL this year.

He is done with Oilers but is far from a bust.

Reactions: bert

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
TBH Ottawa should just keep both,sign Duclair to a 1 year show me again deal ...And try to get something reasonable done with JGP...Much rather this then just give them away for more prospects and picks...We have plenty

Reactions: guyzeur

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
TBH Ottawa should just keep both,sign Duclair to a 1 year show me again deal ...And try to get something reasonable done with JGP...Much rather this then just give them away for more prospects and picks...We have plenty

Unless Dorion is going for the jugular and gets a 1st for Pageau.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Unless Dorion is going for the jugular and gets a 1st for Pageau.
I kinda torn,a late 1st or keeping a great leader and player,to help guide the kids...This team has lost so much,and the kids on the team need to see the exodus come to a end sooner or later..

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Oilers wont be making any moves like this(cap and assets just dont exist) and I doubt that the Sens will be totally gutting their team

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
So much wrong here.
Points in Liiga are raising his value.....only to Oiler fans. Who cares about points in a 5th rate league? We already knew he could score in minor leagues. No one cares.

He couldn't produce in the NHL dispute playing significant time with McDavid and RNH.

I have to feel after the Oilers changed management and coaches he has a problem with a couple of significant players in the locker room. Possibly One of three players he hopes to play with, Drai, RNH or most likely McDavid as he is the franchise.

I doubt there is any interest in trading a valuable asset for him. The Oilers need to get him back on the team and show he has NHL value if they want to move him for anywhere near the value many vocal Oiler fans have for him around here. There are zero guarantees with JP and a huge risk.

Right now I'd say he probably gets a 3rd. No One cares about points in Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad