NFL: Packers fired Mike McCarthy

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You’d never know unless you looked at the box scores, lol. Packers always made trips to Milwaukee until the mid-90s

I relate this to the Cards' first win in the state of Wisconsin since '49.

It's like when the Lions went 20+ years with 0 Wisconsin wins (They lost three times in MIL as part of their 0-24 stretch vs. GB in the state

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I think the Arizona playoff loss a few years back should have cost him.

The 2016 Run The Table merely bought him time

Green Bay getting healthy and hot in 2010, beating a pair of overrated NFC top seeds in Atlanta and Chicago, and eventually Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl bought him even more time.

That all but erased the loss to New York in the NFC Championship game at home.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Not sure firing your coach of 12+ years who won you a SB is a great look, even though it was obviously time they parted ways.

Be interesting to see what Rodgers does going forward now that the person that was supposedly holding the entire operation back is gone. This is a 35+year old QB who has taken a ton of hits throughout his career, 37 sacks average per season since he became starter. It's possible he just might not be what he once was.

I cannot help but wonder if Rivera is not next on the chopping block.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacogeoff

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Not sure firing your coach of 12+ years who won you a SB is a great look, even though it was obviously time they parted ways.

Be interesting to see what Rodgers does going forward now that the person that was supposedly holding the entire operation back is gone. This is a 35+year old QB who has taken a ton of hits throughout his career, 37 sacks average per season since he became starter. It's possible he just might not be what he once was.

I cannot help but wonder if Rivera is not next on the chopping block.
There seems to be this false impression that Mike McCarthy helped them win the Superbowl.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
There seems to be this false impression that Mike McCarthy helped them win the Superbowl.

He was their coach when they won it. But even if they hadn't won it, he was still there for 12 (or 13?) years. I don't think that happens very often.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I didn't realize Joe Philbin was still in the league, much less back in Green Bay.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Green Bay getting healthy and hot in 2010, beating a pair of overrated NFC top seeds in Atlanta and Chicago, and eventually Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl bought him even more time.

That all but erased the loss to New York in the NFC Championship game at home.

lol the team never got healthy in 2010. I still have no idea how that team won the Super Bowl. Even in the Super Bowl, Driver and Woodson got hurt.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It was time to go but Rogers hasnt even been his elite usual self and he's a big reason why GB missed the playoffs too.

So many missed throws or throws where a receiver has to go down or break stride this year and today.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Luckily Philbin will probably finish the season 1-3 so Packer fans need not worry about him sticking around.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
remember when everyone was so high on philbin?

lols

I had to tolerate him "coaching" the Dolphins for far too long. So i def remember :laugh:

IDGAF that whole Bullygate scandal exploded because his stupid ass was incapable of commanding respect from his players. A good coach would have stomped that fire out before it got too big, or at least mitigated it. But nah, Clueless Joe stays being clueless.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
like many said, wait till the season is over to show some respect to the guy who got you a SB but it's time that both parties goes their own way

Best of luck to McCarthy in the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad