Rumor: Pacioretty Potential Trade Thread II (Mod warning post #139)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
I think hes moved before the deadline. Once Hoffman or Kane are traded the action will heat up.

Hopefully the chemistry between Hoffman and Duchene shown in the past couple of games takes him off the trade market, which would add to the demand for Max.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just start selling off so we can cheer for our team again.

It's pretty much all that's keeping us going right now, the potential that they can sell off some very good assets and acquire more picks, prospects, and young NHL'ers at the start of their careers. That potential can be squandered, but at least our fuel right now is the hope that this could happen.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I would be shocked if we ever see weber traded during MB's stay here. Could you imagine his return, after losing Subban? Subban is in the running for the norris this year and will be many more times. I just hope weber can stay healthy and contribute to the top four for the next 5 years.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It's pretty much all that's keeping us going right now, the potential that they can sell off some very good assets and acquire more picks, prospects, and young NHL'ers at the start of their careers. That potential can be squandered, but at least our fuel right now is the hope that this could happen.

Nice set-up for the bitching and moaning to come...

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Trade him to NYR!!! Slats has the cojones to resign to fat contract

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Whatever the trade turns out to be, I can almost guarantee the Habs will end up with the short end of the stick. Free from the burden of the captaincy, Max will score 30-35 goals a season—maybe more if paired with a true first-line center. And Montreal will end up with another underachieving forward or a second-tier defenseman.

I wish Molson would freeze all player movements until a new GM is in place, but that's not going to happen.

For longer than I can remember I've staunchly supported the need for a French-speaking coach. That is no longer the case.

Yes, the time has come to recognize that this outdated policy puts the Canadiens at a disadvantage. If ownership really wants to make the franchise great again, they must commit to hiring the best talent available. Period.

Bergevin made some good moves, but the overall results are plain to see—at the bottom of the standings.

Reactions: OldCraig71

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I haven't posted in a year but this has to be mentioned...

A player like Max HAS to return at the very minimum something like two firsts and a young roster player. There's no excuse, otherwise you keep him. I don't care that he has a down year you have to put it into context as he would have approximately 2x the points in any other system. If we go 1 for 1 player swap a la Subban I shall defacate in MB's office.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I haven't posted in a year but this has to be mentioned...

A player like Max HAS to return at the very minimum something like two firsts and a young roster player. There's no excuse, otherwise you keep him. I don't care that he has a down year you have to put it into context as he would have approximately 2x the points in any other system. If we go 1 for 1 player swap a la Subban I shall defacate in MB's office.

Now that MB learned his lesson with the Subb... I mean the Serga... With trades in general, we should be fine from here on out!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know Michel Bergeron isn't exactly Mr. Insider, but he did say last night that Pacioretty's agent has come to town to have a sit down with Bergevin regarding his player's future. He says that agents don't come have a face-to-face meeting if there isn't anything going on. We shall see.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Someone will bite at the deadline imo.

That's likely the best in-season time to trade him or Weber for that matter, when multiple teams could be interested. It's especially beneficial if some of those teams are barely hanging on to playoffs positions or just far enough out to have a chance. 1sts from these type of teams could yield lottery opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad