Rumor: P. Kane to Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Its wild to me that anyone would be against Kane for a 1 year deal. Im fully against 2 years, but if it is 1 then yes dive on. Everyone is worried about his injury? were not cup contenders scraping cap space, at worst it fails and we are exactly where we are at right now this off season? if it is a one year deal, please tell me what is the downfall?
My thinking exactly.

There’s zero downside to signing him to a 1 year contract.

He’s either a free top 6 player who’s known to be clutch and can be a weapon on the PP, or he’s too injured and goes on LTIR

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Its wild to me that anyone would be against Kane for a 1 year deal. Im fully against 2 years, but if it is 1 then yes dive on. Everyone is worried about his injury? were not cup contenders scraping cap space, at worst it fails and we are exactly where we are at right now this off season? if it is a one year deal, please tell me what is the downfall?
Preface: I think he signs with Buffalo. They have the most space, an up and coming team, he is from there and they won't attract any other big name players because, well it's Buffalo.

I have no issue with signing him for the balance of this season, but that is it. My focus would be here:

Dump salary now and make a play for a star player. The core 4 will be broken up. Marner (26) or Nylander (27) are gone. McDavid and Draisaitl (28) now appear to be on the cusp of demanding a trade. While I fear McDavid lands in Chicago, Draisaitl may be there for the taking.

Back to the point of the post... work the dollars to be in the running for one of these top tier elite players. IMO, that eliminates Kane. He will likely want a Cup run or 2 years. Buffalo will provide the latter. The former? I am going with the Florida Panthers.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
For the thread that will likely never die until Kane announces his retirement.

Similarly, I would say that everything I’ve read about Kane/Detroit is it feels like it started with “Detroit has cap and Debrincat and him are best friends!” As the fuel to all of this. Then numerous reports of “Kanes camp is really looking at Detroit”. Sure.

I trust the Red Wings have no interest in this discussion and are letting Kane’s agent talk about all the interested teams in the same way that Debrincat was looking at Nashville and Dallas and whatever and keep feeding Servalli and whomever that it’s really competitive market for his services so these teams better write big checks

Reactions: Beneven Stanciano

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I've read on some site(forget now) that it's basically down to the Sabers and Red Wings. Thought was Panthers are out.

Buffalo can legitimately offer more money and be fine.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I might be the only one fine with Kane on a 2 or even 3 year deal. It’s not a 35+ contract so we can LTIRetire without any cap imflications if he just can’t go. Lock him up and either he plays or collects a fat payday into retirement.

The only caveat here and the reason teams may balk at more than 1 year is I’m fairly certain nobody is willing to insure a Kane contract so any team who signs him will have to pay it out in full no matter what.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Wings have $5M cap space, if Kane wants more than that he can take a taxi, lol.
its prorated, like the Nylander contract when he held out. We could sign Kane for 5 Million and we only get hit with the cap hit of the percentage of games remaining so Kane at 5 with 75% of the season left is Kane at 3.750

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m pretty indifferent about Kane becoming a Red Wing - if anything it’s says Yzerman is serious about making the playoffs starting with this season.

I understand the concerns of his procedure, recovery, and his skating, but I’m thinking he’ll still have the hands and overall skill set to be a solid addition for the pp.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At this point Kane would go to middle6 lines and to 2nd PP.

It's funny how strong the 2nd PP would be:

DeBrincat, Sprong, Fabbri, Kane
Seider

(cause Perron, Compher, Larkin, Raymond and Gostisbehere are at PP1)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

Seider

Was thinking about this earlier...While even strength - what's the chance Larkin/Raymond staying together (maybe Perron, or Veleno is added to the top line) and DeBrincat/Kane are the foundation of the 2nd line with Compher centering them?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Was thinking about this earlier...While even strength - what's the chance Larkin/Raymond staying together (maybe Perron, or Veleno is added to the top line) and DeBrincat/Kane are the foundation of the 2nd line with Compher centering them?

Veleno-Larkin-Raymond
DBC-Compher-Kane
Fabbri- Ras-Sprong/ Perron
Fisher-Copp- Sprong/Perron/Kostin

Is 3 solid scoring lines and a potential shutdown line. I still might switch Ras and Veleno as I like Veleno as a scoring line center more then Ras.

While there is a good point about it not being a 35 deal on a multi, I am a little afraid of him not LTIRing if it goes badly. I mean two years if we can get that say 5 mil in cap space back next year is not a big deal. Don't want it to impede next years ability to sign players though if he can't play.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Backstrom had his hip done in June 2022 and is still not right. Not sure what anyone expects to get from Kane this season.
don't you think it would be just a tiny bit useful to have the greatest american RW...idk like teach raymond how to use his lower size to be in the top 10 or even top 20 of swedish players?

That alone, imo, is worth 3 million a year. I am not expecting kane to score 80 points, i expect raymond to sit there and have a front row seat to learning from one of the best to ever do it, especially when their sizes are comparable and raymond is only 21 and is looking at getting out of sophomore slump.

We can then just LTIR kane if he really can't play anymore and just use him for experience when possible or teaching raymond. Why wouldn't you want that?

Reactions: Henkka

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Seider

I would easily switch perron and raymond for a duo of kane and debrincat on pp1 since pp2 seems to barely ever play

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I picked him up in GM mode. I’ll let you guys know how it goes

Okay no joke we won the cup in 2024-2025

Beat Edmonton in the finals (Raymond OT clinching goal and the Conn Smythe). Beat Pitt in the second round and Ottawa in the first

I traded for Trouba on the last year of his deal and signed Holtz as an RFA

Debrincat-Larkin-Kane
Holtz-Compher-Raymond
Veleno-Kasper-Perron
Rasmussen-Soderblom-Fischer

Ghost-Seider
Edvinsson-Trouba
Walman-Wallinder

Husso

• Wow
Reactions: Ezekial

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Looked through the comments and this person claims they have inside sources within the red wings organization. We shall see

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I'm embarrassed that my Red Wings fan forum has a 26 page thread on Patrick Kane that won't f***ing die.

Mods, I humbly request that you please burn it down?

• Haha
Reactions: Beneven Stanciano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: