Rumor: P. Kane to Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
I am a huge proponent of this move. Larkin always played lights out when he had legit studs on his line.

A Cat-Larkin-Kane line would be killer.

Cat-Larkin-Rasmussen-Kane-Seider PP 1.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not the biggest Kane fan, but a guy like him choosing to play in Detroit really does add legitimacy to the current roster and the Yzerplan.

So I'm intrigued for that reason. I think it would be a huge boon to this team if they can make the playoffs and Kane would help that goal.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As I said, my primary interest would be in how much it upsets Blackhawks fans.

You'd think he'd want to play for a Cup contender but I guess there's a chance he really wants to play with Debrincat and stay close to Chicago?

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
I like this. But I would like it more if Kasper played on the team too this year so he could learn little things from Kane. Kane would be great for short term but also for long term for actually teaching skills and plays to our young kids.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Anyone who says no to Kane but is on board with these glorified role players we just signed needs a hockey refresher course.

I could understand your point if this was prime Patrick Kane, but we're talking a Patrick Kane who is coming off a major major hip surgery. There is a very good chance these role players will skate circles around him. Don't get me wrong, you never know, but its by no means a sure thing that he goes back to his old self.

Reactions: FMichael

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Not the biggest Kane fan, but a guy like him choosing to play in Detroit really does add legitimacy to the current roster and the Yzerplan.

So I'm intrigued for that reason. I think it would be a huge boon to this team if they can make the playoffs and Kane would help that goal.
I hate you for saying what I know I must begrudgingly agree with. I’m mad now and I blame you. If you were a hot dog, and I was starving, I would eat you.

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I could understand your point if this was prime Patrick Kane, but we're talking a Patrick Kane who is coming off a major major hip surgery. There is a very good chance these role players will skate circles around him. Don't get me wrong, you never know, but its by no means a sure thing that he goes back to his old self.

I mean if it was a sure thing he'd be signing like a 5 year deal somewhere for big money instead of probably like a 1-2 year deal for fairly cheap

we're talking about a guy that's only 1 year removed from a 92 point season on a bottom 5 offensive team that has a long reputation as a high end Playoff performer to boot

hell even last year with all his struggles he outscored everyone on the Wings other than Larkin while playing the majority of his games on the worst offensive team in the league

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Isn't Kane still recovering from injury?

I heard he won't be ready until december or something. He would start from LTIR.

Many guys could be injured on first 2 months and he could be nice replacement on that time.

Last edited:

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'm willing to take a chance on Patrick Kane. He not prime Kane but when healthy is easily the best point producer on the team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm willing to take a chance on Patrick Kane. He not prime Kane but when healthy is easily the best point producer on the team.

Last season he scored 57 points in 73 games.

So I wouldn't say he is easily THE best producer. HE could be Top3 produder, after Larkin and DeBrincat.

Maybe most talented, but on that age, the health is starting to be a factor you have to take on count.

Last season average production:
-------------------------
Larkin 0.99 points per game
DeBrincat 0.80 point per game
P. Kane 0.73 points per game
Sprong 0.70 points per game
Perron 0.68 points per game
Raymond 0.61 points per game

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1693817461518.png

They have been tanking for years at Chicago...

...but still. Uhhh.

I don't get why his ES offensive numbers are so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino