Rumor: P. Kane to Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Wait...when did Sprong "earn" the #88?

He has played 10 games as a DRW..

I've earned my DRW # more than he has
I am not specifically replying to you but to everyone in here...not just because I have gone through this with a couple others on this exact thread, but the idiocy of people actually believing the ridiculousness of what I said is close to astonishing.

The difference between this time and last time I did this, I will end it without the back and forth because sarcasm seems to elude some people...

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I am not specifically replying to you but to everyone in here...not just because I have gone through this with a couple others on this exact thread, but the idiocy of people actually believing the ridiculousness of what I said is close to astonishing.

The difference between this time and last time I did this, I will end it without the back and forth because sarcasm seems to elude some people...

Lol

Sorry dude, unfortunately sarcasm rarely comes through in messages on a message board..

All good

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Lol

Sorry dude, unfortunately sarcasm rarely comes through in messages on a message board..

All good
no no. I thought I laid it on pretty thick lmao. No sorry needed, these boards are for fun and a random good/actual conversation here and there, I just find it hilarious that regardless of what is said, someone can always find a negative in it or not realize the absurdity. It's actually quite fun tbh.

I know sarcasm is tough on message boards....but come on guys (not just you). I have been harping on getting kane this entire thread, but I am going to insist him on getting a different number, the same number he has used since how long, because the almighty sprong has it? IDK man lmao. I thought it was obvious, maybe I should work on the delivery.

Sprong does have a hell of a shot though so maybe he did, in fact, earn that 88? :sarcasm:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Fair enough, but what was the joke?

• Haha
Reactions: heyfolks

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Fair enough, but what was the joke?
no no. I thought I laid it on pretty thick lmao. No sorry needed, these boards are for fun and a random good/actual conversation here and there, I just find it hilarious that regardless of what is said, someone can always find a negative in it or not realize the absurdity. It's actually quite fun tbh.

I know sarcasm is tough on message boards....but come on guys (not just you). I have been harping on getting kane this entire thread, but I am going to insist him on getting a different number, the same number he has used since how long, because the almighty sprong has it? IDK man lmao. I thought it was obvious, maybe I should work on the delivery.

Sprong does have a hell of a shot though so maybe he did, in fact, earn that 88? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Oddbob

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not sure you can change numbers in the middle of the season.
Jonathan Marchessault did it with TBL. So unless the league changed the rules within the past 8 years, I don;t see an issue there.

Some of the other pro sports leagues don't allow it, and it screws the fans that bought jerseys. But who'd buy a Sprong jersey when he's on a one year contract?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Jonathan Marchessault did it with TBL. So unless the league changed the rules within the past 8 years, I don;t see an issue there.

Some of the other pro sports leagues don't allow it, and it screws the fans that bought jerseys. But who'd buy a Sprong jersey when he's on a one year contract?
Only geniuses.

JUST LET IT DEVELOP IN TIME.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I want him to punch opponents, not make love wit them.
don't you think it would be much more annoying and intrusive for him to try and love/fuc* the hell out of his opponents instead of hitting?

Imagine? Just non stop trying to hug other players when they are yelling or bit*hing at him for x/y/or z. Guaranteed he'd be our best penalties drawn player, if not the leagues best.

side note: isn't that why dbc smiles at everybody when they chirp him? Because he believes it bothers them more than trying to chirp back? I think I saw that somewhere.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
don't you think it would be much more annoying and intrusive for him to try and love/fuc* the hell out of his opponents instead of hitting?

Imagine? Just non stop trying to hug other players when they are yelling or bit*hing at him for x/y/or z. Guaranteed he'd be our best penalties drawn player, if not the leagues best.

side note: isn't that why dbc smiles at everybody when they chirp him? Because he believes it bothers them more than trying to chirp back? I think I saw that somewhere.

Probably, sometimes the NHL is like a bar after midnight, lol.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"

Tomas Holmstrom wore 15 until Dmitri Mironov was acquired at the TDL. Holmstrom then switched to 96.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
By signing kane and putting him on the first line (if he can hold up of course) would slot everyone in the proper position of the lineup for where they should be at.

It pushes copp and perron (or gone) down. Raymond gets to slow things down a bit with compher, etc. I think Raymond is smart and can hang with the high IQ players of the world, but I think he plays much more effectively when he plays with linemates that are a touch slower. just opinion from what i have seen so far.

kane - larkin - dbc
ras - compher - raymond
sprong - copp - perron
kostin - veleno - fischer

Yes, with his play, I would probably interchange veleno and copp here, or potentially move perron to the bench (as I have wanted for a year now) and put veleno as 3c, copp and sprong on the wings, and keep czarnick on the 4th. If it were me, I would have an extremely tough time justifying sending czarnick down to the AHL with how he plays and how he fits in his role and how he plays in between fischer/kostin. Perron has not earned it still imo to stay up and not be a healthy scratch at the very least for quite some time now. Or traded of course.
Kane is not a first line player at this point in his career. I know he wants to play with Debrincat, but he can do that on the PP if he signs here.

PokeyTheCat

Jul 23, 2021
This is a common refrain among Wings fans. But Hawks fans are saying the opposite, "Seeing Wings fans have to root for Patrick Kane would be amusing."

It would be a weird situation for all of us.
I’m here for it :banana:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
This is a common refrain among Wings fans. But Hawks fans are saying the opposite, "Seeing Wings fans have to root for Patrick Kane would be amusing."

It would be a weird situation for all of us.
I will say this has more legs because chicago is a bad team this year and for the near future. If they were halfway decent or good, then this wouldn't hold up too much and it would be far more amusing for detroit fans towards chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad