Confirmed with Link: P.J. Axelsson retires from hockey

aejk

May 18, 2011
Thanks PJ!

I have over 40 years following the B's --PJ was one of my favorite Bruins ever. I hope he knows how respected his underrated game was by a lot of fans. He does deserve a tribute night at the Garden.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
PJ represents that golden era of my childhood watching the Bruins. I remember being confused when one year I would get a PJ Axelsson hockey card and the next year it would be listed as Per-Johan Axelsson and I was confused. It seemed to me that he went back and forth every year, or maybe it was a difference between card companies.

Great video.

Edit: Glad he won a gold medal too.

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009
While our PK now is great, we don't have anyone who can pick off passes like PJ could. He was a pleasure to watch. Especially when he and Rolston were killing it short handed.
Enjoy retirement Gumby.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
PJ would fit in nicely on the B's bottom 6 today,unfortunately it always seemed like the B's thought he could produce more offensively than he was capable of.I liked PJ as a hockey player but am glad we have PC,Cam and CJ running the show now as for the most part they seem to be much better evaluators of talent than what we had in PJ's time.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
Enjoy your retirement gumby. It was a pleasure watching you play for the bruins. I appreciate that you gave it each and every game. You should be proud of that.

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA
That was a good line. I remember when we picked up Tim Taylor on waivers and was like, who? But he was a player. Too bad his skate was in the crease..stupid rule.:rant:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Thank you for being a Bruin, working as hard as anyone I've ever seen play hockey and being a class act!

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
One of my favorite Bruins. Played 11 years for the Bruins. 10th all time in games played. His rookie year was also Thornton's and Samsanov's. His last year was Lucic's second and the year we traded for Recchi.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have over 40 years following the B's --PJ was one of my favorite Bruins ever. I hope he knows how respected his underrated game was by a lot of fans. He does deserve a tribute night at the Garden.

Welcome new poster :)

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
One of my favorite Bruins. Played 11 years for the Bruins. 10th all time in games played. His rookie year was also Thornton's and Samsanov's. His last year was Lucic's second and the year we traded for Recchi.

And he played with Ray Bourque on the Bruins. Not many left playing hockey that can say that.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
great player. Unfortunately, spent his last few years being berated and bashed by bruins fans for literally no reason at all.

Agree with this. It must make some people feel exalted to run down a very classy professional. Wish him all the best, hope that he ends up back in the B's organization in some capacity in the future.
Here's to you P.J.:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad