Confirmed with Link: P.J. Axelsson retires from hockey

DntPokeThaBear

Apr 10, 2013
Massachusetts
That's funny.. Just a few days ago I was thinking, "hmm, I wonder how PJ Axelsson is doing?" I loved him when he was playing in Boston. One of my favorites and a fantastic penalty killer. Anyone remember the year he got put on a line with Thornton for awhile and scored 17? Lol I was happy for him. It sucks that a lot of "fans" were berating him his last 2-3 years here :shakehead. He always gave 110% and was a true Bruin. He is missed

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
PJ is one of my favorite guys to ever wear the black and gold. Always the smartest guy on the ice. At times, he was fascinating to watch.

He suffered through some horrible years with us. I'd love to see his efforts honored some night.

Edit: Axe had way better hands than Paille.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That's funny.. Just a few days ago I was thinking, "hmm, I wonder how PJ Axelsson is doing?" I loved him when he was playing in Boston. One of my favorites and a fantastic penalty killer. Anyone remember the year he got put on a line with Thornton for awhile and scored 17? Lol I was happy for him. It sucks that a lot of "fans" were berating him his last 2-3 years here :shakehead. He always gave 110% and was a true Bruin. He is missed

I remember that- was amazing to see him score so much.

And that shootout goal vs the Blackhawks a few years ago :yo:

kebab

Mar 9, 2012
Sweden
One of my favorite players. Great person with a big heart.

I don't think anyone from Sweden or Finland can forget his goal in the WC2003 quarterfinals.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Maybe a bit typical for him, only played for two team as pro. Frölunda and Boston.

What the Boston side might not have noticed is that during the full lockout he was back home, and played on the first line.

With Sami PÃ¥hlsson and Alfie.

Two hard nosed and dedicated grunts, getting and taking their chance to shine.

And of course, Frölunda won the championship that year, often credited to having Henrik Lundqvist and Alfie.

But during the 2006 Olympics, coach juggled a bit, but when it got serious, he put Axe with PÃ¥hlsson and Alfie. Knowing that he had a line that could do anything, in any area of ice.

And they did.

As a swede I'm some what at a loss, I've lost my two top heroes, Homer and Axe the same season :/

nycbruins*

Immediately becomes the best dresser in the organization. Welcome back, Per-Johan.
I was happy to see him at the garden when the bruins beat the Habs 7-0 in march 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad