Online Series: Ozark (Netflix)

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Really enjoyed the episodes, blew through them already and can't wait to see how it wraps up.

My one complaint...

I really didn't like the opening sequence with the Byrd family getting away in the car together and then actually flipping the car. It took all the tension away from moments when they were in tense moments because we know they got out because that moment happens. I was hoping it would have been a dream turned to nightmare that Wendy had so they could sort it before continuing the rest of the show.

Seeing something happen and then working back through the past to how they got to that point is my least favorite way to tell a story.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ran through this just to get it over with before I started seeing spoilers online.

Does Darlene need to shoot every f'n person that gets mad at her? Like holy crap, its amazing it took this long for someone to pop her. I get she's a stubborn SOB but still, everyone from the chefs driver to the KC Mob boss. (I will say its a little out of the ordinary for a mob boss to go anywhere without a bodyguard, even if the KC Mob isn't as powerful or dangerous as the Five Families)

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
My wife watches this one. I can take it or leave it, mostly because I hate pretty much everyone in it except Ruth.

Just as an aside, why the hell does everyone take Darleen lightly? How many people does she need to causally blast holes through before they learn to take her seriously?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Darlene, Wyatt. What characters aren't leaving the show?

Really enjoyed the episodes, blew through them already and can't wait to see how it wraps up.

My one complaint...

I really didn't like the opening sequence with the Byrd family getting away in the car together and then actually flipping the car. It took all the tension away from moments when they were in tense moments because we know they got out because that moment happens. I was hoping it would have been a dream turned to nightmare that Wendy had so they could sort it before continuing the rest of the show.

Seeing something happen and then working back through the past to how they got to that point is my least favorite way to tell a story.

Ran through this just to get it over with before I started seeing spoilers online.

Does Darlene need to shoot every f'n person that gets mad at her? Like holy crap, its amazing it took this long for someone to pop her. I get she's a stubborn SOB but still, everyone from the chefs driver to the KC Mob boss. (I will say its a little out of the ordinary for a mob boss to go anywhere without a bodyguard, even if the KC Mob isn't as powerful or dangerous as the Five Families)

Finished it in one day. Loved it - very well done.

1. Darlene, it was time to go lol. Wyatt - never liked him, he comes across as so whiny and annoying. Probably the character I've disliked the most. Ruth keeps saying how he's so smart - nope. Maybe he was able to get good grades, but that doesn't make you smart - he comes across as very childish and immature the whole series. Good riddance?

2. The opening sequence....I agree I didn't like it either. And honestly - I kept hoping we'd get to it in this timeline, instead of waiting for part 2. Because now it gives a spoiler for part 2. The one saving grace I'd say is - we still don't know shit. "They got out"? Not necessarily. We have no idea what that was. It could still be a dream, or it could happen in episode 1 of part 2 with a whole bunch of stuff to happen still after.

My theory - they staged the crash, to fake their own death - because they escaped with millions and screw over both the FBI and the cartel, and end up living overseas with new identities, and that's how the show ends. Obviously - they could go a lot darker too, and kill one or all of them...hopefully not.

3. Yeah it was awesome when Darlene shot that drug guy (forget his name) in season 1. Like wow - totally unexpected, it was awesome. But by this season it was getting old lol. I also found it super odd that the Mob boss would be alone - especially with someone as unstable as Darlene. Very very stupid of him.

I'd say overall - my biggest complaint with how this season part 1 went down is the ending. The big "hook" for the end is that Ruth is out on a rampage for revenge? Look - I love Ruth as a character - but that's not exactly the most enticing cliffhanger. She's capable and ruthless enough, but she's not exactly this major badass where her wanting revenge comes across as this "OMG!" moment. I thought it was quite weak, especially since it's the only real cliffhanger. Everything else is sort of resolved for the time being, with the Byrdes seemingly safe with both the cartel and FBI under control.

Also - I still think Ben might be alive. Maybe they do my theory where they fake their own death in the crash of the van, and in the end they show up with him overseas. Maybe it was Wendy who had spoken to Navarro ahead of the Mexico trip to make a deal with him to save Ben and kill Helen - they just kept it secret. That's my theory (or wish).

As you can tell by the spoilers - I love this show. Can't wait for the last half of this season. Supposedly they filmed it at the same time - so I don't think the wait will be too long. My prediction is before this summer

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Just as an aside, why the hell does everyone take Darleen lightly? How many people does she need to causally blast holes through before they learn to take her seriously?

Actually that was my only other complaint about this season, Darlene shot his sons dick off and somehow he thinks it's a good idea to roll up to her farm in the middle of nowhere with no protection, hell I don't even think he came in with a gun out.

You already know this lady flys off the handle, him not expecting her to just grab a gun and shoot him made him look really stupid.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I literally just finished the season 4, episode 7 a couple minutes ago. Every episode was so tense for me.

Now the long wait for the second part of season 4....

I didnt like it. Many are conveniently killed off

Omar Navarro must be the dumbest cartel leader in the planet. To try to make a "fair" deal with the feds

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Actually that was my only other complaint about this season, Darlene shot his sons dick off and somehow he thinks it's a good idea to roll up to her farm in the middle of nowhere with no protection, hell I don't even think he came in with a gun out.

You already know this lady flys off the handle, him not expecting her to just grab a gun and shoot him made him look really stupid.

You would think the capos are asking Cosgrove Jr why he isn't retaliating against the person who shot his dad. It also made no sense for him to go somewhere without a guard or at least capo. That is the opposite of what any mob boss does especially when seeing a volatile person like Darlene, regardless of the fact she shot his sons pecker off, she's in debt to him and just had an argument with him. Chances are she wont be very friendly.

I didnt like it. Many are conveniently killed off

Omar Navarro must be the dumbest cartel leader in the planet. To try to make a "fair" deal with the feds

Pablo Escobar tried that and ended up dead on a roof.

You would also think that maybe, just maybe, you should meet somewhere more... neutral? I.e. somewhere they don't have extradition powers.... really anywhere but the country they have the most power :laugh:

Reactions: Satans Hockey

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You would think the capos are asking Cosgrove Jr why he isn't retaliating against the person who shot his dad. It also made no sense for him to go somewhere without a guard or at least capo. That is the opposite of what any mob boss does especially when seeing a volatile person like Darlene, regardless of the fact she shot his sons pecker off, she's in debt to him and just had an argument with him. Chances are she wont be very friendly.

Pablo Escobar tried that and ended up dead on a roof.

You would also think that maybe, just maybe, you should meet somewhere more... neutral? I.e. somewhere they don't have extradition powers.... really anywhere but the country they have the most power :laugh:

Exactly

But reality is, when one wants to become a cartel boss/or gang leader/mob. Their life is pretty much over (normal)
You either reap the benefits of being an ultra rich person. But always on the lookout. Or go to Jail

Unless you are Frank and have a crooked sheriff running the town

For the shows purpose. I guess.... what else they could have done? Have the family just keep running and running? Have the family hire John Wick to take out Navarro? lol

I get it. Its just that... in this situation, it made the Omar Navarro look like a fool. Marty and Wendy warned him.... oh well

It will be interesting to see how they tie it up in part 2. Marty and Wendy Byrde could be give immunity of some kind. But Wendy has killed people. Also what about the millions of cash they are probably hiding? You know Marty did some shawshank redemption funny business and probably siphoned some of the proceeds to a special account.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Exactly

But reality is, when one wants to become a cartel boss/or gang leader/mob. Their life is pretty much over (normal)
You either reap the benefits of being an ultra rich person. But always on the lookout. Or go to Jail

Unless you are Frank and have a crooked sheriff running the town

For the shows purpose. I guess.... what else they could have done? Have the family just keep running and running? Have the family hire John Wick to take out Navarro? lol

I get it. Its just that... in this situation, it made the Omar Navarro look like a fool. Marty and Wendy warned him.... oh well

It will be interesting to see how they tie it up in part 2. Marty and Wendy Byrde could be give immunity of some kind. But Wendy has killed people. Also what about the millions of cash they are probably hiding? You know Marty did some shawshank redemption funny business and probably siphoned some of the proceeds to a special account.

Is the cash in Buddys tomb not theirs? I always thought it was and Navarros is all in the right "legal" places.

Example being he took some out for the deal.... plus an extra $300K and made it look like it was no sweat.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
One thing I don't get is what's going on with Navarro? He's been caught and it was the Byrdes agent that did it, why is he still helping them/hasn't killed them?

That acting by the actress who plays Ruth in the final 10 minutes was incredible.

Fun fact, she's married to Mark Foster of Foster the People (pumped up kicks). Also, it's not a real accent, she's from New York lol

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I didn't realize this was going to be PART 1 until we finished ep7 and thought they couldn't end it that way. Then we noticed "Part 1" on the description. Oh well, more episodes so that's good!

Javi reminds me of Lalo from Better Call Saul w/his swooping into the story we know and taking over as a maniacal badass.

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I find myself pretty disinterested in everything other than Ruth's storyline. Ultimately, as TV viewers we care about characters, whether to love them, hate them, or just be engaged with them. It's not that the rest of the show is bad - the direction, music, and pace can keep you engrossed pretty well - but I genuinely don't care what happens to the Byrdes. Win, lose, live, die, it makes no real difference to me. Ruth on the other hand is by far the most compelling character on the show and her arc has been fantastic. Garner is definitely deserving of another Emmy, which would be her 3rd (including winning against the GoT murderer's row in its last season).

Reactions: Habsrule

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Part 2 seems like a final season to me. IDK how you move forward with more seasons without the show becoming terrible after the events of part 1.

Jonah replaced Charlotte as the annoying teenager this season.

Reactions: TB12

Nolan Bombgardener

Dec 23, 2005
Part 2 seems like a final season to me. IDK how you move forward with more seasons without the show becoming terrible after the events of part 1.

It has already been confirmed season 4 (part 2) will be the final season of Ozark.

Jonah replaced Charlotte as the annoying teenager this season.
The thing with Jonah is he's supposed to be so much smarter than Charlotte, and he does these stupid things to put his parents' lives in danger. Is he trying to get them all killed? The cartel won't care that he hates his mom; they'll kill them all, him and his sister included.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I'm not reading this thread because I want to avoid spoilers, but I just watched Season 3 after a loooooong break following Season 2 (don't know why exactly, I really liked the first two seasons). I thought it started pretty clumsily, and that the conflicts between Marty and Wendy were overdone (and ultimately resolved way too easily), but damn did Tom Pelphrey steal the show. Great performance that was worth the season by itself. Just starting Season 4, again it looks pretty meh and rehashing old storylines, but I'm hoping something picks it up again.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Just finished S4 part 1. I agree with every problems underlined here, but nobody mentioned what threw me off the most: the 14 y/o boy laundering money. What?? :dunno:

Anyway, that was pretty bad, but they finally got rid of the most annoying characters, so that's good (can't stand Javi either).

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Just finished S4 part 1. I agree with every problems underlined here, but nobody mentioned what threw me off the most: the 14 y/o boy laundering money. What?? :dunno:

Anyway, that was pretty bad, but they finally got rid of the most annoying characters, so that's good (can't stand Javi either).

Child prodigy I guess.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Weak season so far in comparison to the rest of the show (especially s1 and s2). I think it becomes more and more unrealistic as the show goes on.

But the last episode was very intense. I think the second half is going to be great, but I’m expecting a disappointing final episode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad