Online Series: Ozark (Netflix)

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Zero chance it doesn't get renewed. Problem is with COVID we're almost surely looking at 2022.

I feel like Season 4 should be its last. You MIGHT be able to get 5 out of it, but it's just gonna not only drag but start to get ridiculous after that.

It's been real solid so far.

Reactions: FMichael

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
But they're not saying when it will air.
Not yet, but typically, Netflix first announces the new season (like they did yesterday with Dead to Me) and, at a later date, releases the trailer with date. Though, not sure if they're shooting with the COVID stuff. I think they shoot most of this show just Northeast of Atlanta where cases have risen.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Zero chance it doesn't get renewed. Problem is with COVID we're almost surely looking at 2022.

I feel like Season 4 should be its last. You MIGHT be able to get 5 out of it, but it's just gonna not only drag but start to get ridiculous after that.

The writers could have them on the run in Season 5... that would at least be something different

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
my GOD wendy is unbearable so far in season 3

3 episodes in, she is clearly f***ing marty over completely, risking their safety and just doesn’t care

ruth and wyatt arent getting enough screentime so far imo, but Ben has been an elite addition

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
wtf is the point of the whole ben davis storyline. he was an awesome character, but it was just kinda pointless to have it drag on for so long considering what it provided

also not a fan of wyatts lover in this season...

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
wtf is the point of the whole ben davis storyline. he was an awesome character, but it was just kinda pointless to have it drag on for so long considering what it provided

also not a fan of wyatts lover in this season...

The point was to have Wendy descend to a point where she was unredeemable and be all-in with the cartel.

The show slow-played the story because (speaking for myself at least) growing to like Ben as a character so much made it more impactful to lose him than if it took place like 3-4 episodes after we met him.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The point was to have Wendy descend to a point where she was unredeemable and be all-in with the cartel.

The show slow-played the story because (speaking for myself at least) growing to like Ben as a character so much made it more impactful to lose him than if it took place like 3-4 episodes after we met him.

I can see that, maybe it doesnt work as well binging it so quick idk

i almost feel like he was too convenient a piece to show up and die. the actor killed it, but just kinda a weird plot device

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I thought Ben was annoying. Yep, there it is.

I did too. I felt bad for him being mentally ill be he refused to take his meds. Had he down that, he’d probably still be alive. He didn’t have the mind of a child, he knew the consequences of his actions, especially in the situation he inserted himself into.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I did too. I felt bad for him being mentally ill be he refused to take his meds. Had he down that, he’d probably still be alive. He didn’t have the mind of a child, he knew the consequences of his actions, especially in the situation he inserted himself into.

He might still be alive.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I can see that, maybe it doesnt work as well binging it so quick idk

i almost feel like he was too convenient a piece to show up and die. the actor killed it, but just kinda a weird plot device

It happened quick because they made him bi-polar, ie he was a ticking time bomb. Lazy/cheap writing but it all made sense

I too didnt like the character however he was well written and very well acted. Was very emotional last few episodes despite the fact I never liked him

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
It happened quick because they made him bi-polar, ie he was a ticking time bomb. Lazy/cheap writing but it all made sense

I too didnt like the character however he was well written and very well acted. Was very emotional last few episodes despite the fact I never liked him

Yeah, i can definitely acknowledge he was a huge part of season 3, and one of the best parts at times

it was just a lot of screen time devoted to him across every storyline when theyve proven they dont really need to do that with the usual writing on this show for secondary characters advancing the plot (mason, the langmore brothers, buddy, etc)

it just felt really out of place in comparison to the last two seasons

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Yeah, i can definitely acknowledge he was a huge part of season 3, and one of the best parts at times

it was just a lot of screen time devoted to him across every storyline when theyve proven they dont really need to do that with the usual writing on this show for secondary characters advancing the plot (mason, the langmore brothers, buddy, etc)

it just felt really out of place in comparison to the last two seasons

Probably because he was new and one and done season wise they had to give him screen time for his impacts to have weight

though the langmore uncles did have a bunch of screen time

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Probably because he was new and one and done season wise they had to give him screen time for his impacts to have weight

though the langmore uncles did have a bunch of screen time

they did, but you knew they were secondary and the plot didn’t focus too hard on them as “main” characters. they were present, but not focused across storylines nearly as much as ben. Cade a bit more than Russ and the other brother, but idk i found it a bit distracting how much ben was focused when his impact to the story was only to come in and advance other characters.

ben might have had the most screentime this season behind Marty and Wendy which is a bit much for a temporary character. felt more like an arch on Oz than it did Ozark.

the actual inclusion of some characters is starting to feel choppy (both the byrde kids especially), forced and too convenient which was never a problem in the first 2 seasons i thought. I enjoyed it a lot but the writing was nowhere near the other seasons.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
they did, but you knew they were secondary and the plot didn’t focus too hard on them as “main” characters. they were present, but not focused across storylines nearly as much as ben. Cade a bit more than Russ and the other brother, but idk i found it a bit distracting how much ben was focused when his impact to the story was only to come in and advance other characters.

ben might have had the most screentime this season behind Marty and Wendy which is a bit much for a temporary character. felt more like an arch on Oz than it did Ozark.

the actual inclusion of some characters is starting to feel choppy (both the byrde kids especially), forced and too convenient which was never a problem in the first 2 seasons i thought. I enjoyed it a lot but the writing was nowhere near the other seasons.

Yeah, like i said it was lazy/cheap writing. They telegraphed Ben's plot line. Hey guys hes a loose canon who threw all his students phone in a wood chipper!!!! Hey guys he has bi-polar!!! Hey guys he stopped taking his meds!!!! Hey guys Ruth and him are getting attached!!!! Whats gonna happen with him?? I mean really, did he have to have a mental disorder or force it down our throats? Was that to make him more sympathetic at the end? He could have been equally tragic for, in our world, doing the right thing that in their world is a death sentence, such as killing Helen

It was obvious right away he when they show his explosive nature and yell into the camera he has a bi-polar disorder that he was gonna explode to cause trouble for the Byrds. His character was basically a mcguffin

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Was wondering when this was coming out. Great, like I don't have enough TV to catch up on already.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

You wouldn't happen to have the winning lottery #'s by chance?

Reactions: Voight and BGDDYKWL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad