Speculation: Ownership Saga: The Great Gosbee Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Never bought into the smoke screen theory. To sell a few tickets? To get more renewals? Using a $60 average and a sold out building every night you get about $4 million in revenue a year. With expenses and concessions I cant guess what the profit is over a few more games this year but I can say its not a bluff.

It was well timed news to say here is the lead group and your deadline is up soon Glendale so make it happen...not to make a few more ticket sales that are just north of a few grand.

Remember, any group that wants the team to relocate would have to pay over $200 million with fees.

I agree when it comes to Reinsdorf, Hulsizer, and Jamison. Gosbee, Treliving, and Gallacher, however I thing have been red herrings. Not by the league but by bored, devious idiots on the internet.

SuperDave21

Hockey Paradise
Jul 30, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ
Just because ESPN regurgitated all of the details already floating around the internet doesn't give it any legitimacy. Anybody who chooses to believed unnamed "sources" at this point in the game is either too new to the fiasco or just plain gullible.

There will be "something to this" when Gosbee himself says so and not one moment sooner. Until Gosbee opens his mouth, there is quite literally "nothing to this".

While I don't disagree with you, the fact that ESPN has it featured on the front page of their NHL section lends some credibility to what's being reported. Although ESPN isn't really an NHL (or even hockey for that matter) haven, it gives me some comfort that they are making note of it.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
So where does that leave Gosbee in all of this?

It's just another story to help generate the idea that more than 1 interested party is interested. A long time ago, there were claims that the owners of the CFL team in Toronto were intereted in the Coyotes as well on top of Ice Edge and JR.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
Sure, someone who is going to spend $170M on an NHL team is going to issue a press release themselves. Oh, and it's the only press release they have ever released. - Yeah, sounds about right.

Attachments

• BE_Meter.gif
    BE_Meter.gif
    85.6 KB · Views: 4

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
While I don't disagree with you, the fact that ESPN has it featured on the front page of their NHL section lends some credibility to what's being reported. Although ESPN isn't really an NHL (or even hockey for that matter) haven, it gives me some comfort that they are making note of it.

They made note of the Gallacher reports too. Still confident?

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Why does it seem that every year at the end of the season there is a buyer who stays around just long enough for the new season to start? Are any of these guys a legit buyer or just a new beard by Bettman.

majicman*

Mr.Pastor was quick to make a "public" PR release of his interest in buying the team. That tells you alot. No "whispers". All of the buyers are legit. The price and "terms" are the issue.

After 3+ years the team is still here, there is hope.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Who's to say how much money Mr. Pastor has or has cobbled together. I'm not optimistic...yet

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
not to try and compete with Mr. Pastor, but I just got back from Walgreens where I bought a big bag of M&M candy and after conducting an inventory I am now prepared to make a preemptive bid to purchase the Coyotes to keep them here in Glendale and am prepared to pay up to 195M for the team and if I do say so myself I think that's a very tasty offer.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Mr.Pastor was quick to make a "public" PR release of his interest in buying the team. That tells you alot. No "whispers". All of the buyers are legit. The price and "terms" are the issue.

Sorry but the mess with Atlanta were the buyers legit(they had the money) but factors beyond their control prevented them from wanting to buy the Thrashers and other assets like the hawks and the Arena.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Well at least it looks like both these guys actually have the one thing the last couple didn't; Money!

GJ and MH needed a lot of help. These guys seem to just need to say yes or no to whatever deal they can negotiate with the NHL. Let's pray they dig a little deeper and buy the arena too. Since I'm already praying, I'm going to throw in that they do an NBA-type conspiracy deal and get the #1 pick too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad