Speculation: Ownership Saga: The Great Gosbee Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Believe what you like. I'm born and raised in Calgary, Lived there 26 years, been here for 4 years. Fan of the Coyotes since 1999.

This is probably the most legitimate bid we have seen, I loved Jamison but the guy came to the table with no money.. this bid has serious cash behind it to start things off.

Sounds like you have some inside info? Care to share??

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Maybe a fitting final chapter to this book "Canadian buying the Coyotes and keeping them in Glendale" Go figure.......

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Well this is our last shot. Dreger says if nothing happens beofre the playoffs there is a good chance we will be relocated.

We could win the cup this season and still get relocated. I don't read much into anything that comes off as a mouthpiece for someone.

Feb 12, 2003
We've been through this before, I don't believe anything until the deal is signed. It's very likely another ploy to keep the hopes of the team alive until the playoffs start.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Need a statement from the league that says they have come to terms, and an approved lease from the city all by the end of April or this team is gone. Keep in mind that Leblanc is the same clown who wanted to play half the home games in Saskatoon.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Keep in mind that Leblanc is the same clown who wanted to play half the home games in Saskatoon.

How does someone gets to keep his credibility for so long while doing so little?? I don't get it.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
:handclap:

Hey, I'm for WHATEVER WORKS

LOL! This was supposed to be in response to username "Doan" stating that "maybe this will get the boys on a winning streak" or something to that effect.

I don't put much faith in the ownership news.... BUT I was told by a credible source, that told me he had a credible source telling him that there was interest from two parties and that said interest was legit.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Just because ESPN regurgitated all of the details already floating around the internet doesn't give it any legitimacy. Anybody who chooses to believed unnamed "sources" at this point in the game is either too new to the fiasco or just plain gullible.

There will be "something to this" when Gosbee himself says so and not one moment sooner. Until Gosbee opens his mouth, there is quite literally "nothing to this".

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
We have the same owner (NHL) until we don't. I don't believe it. Just a hoax.

I agree. Just heard on the Local News. Group has put togeather a offer to buy the Team for 170 Mil. Why would anyone in Their right mind over pay by $50 mil. NHL just jerking the fans around.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I agree. Just heard on the Local News. Group has put togeather a offer to buy the Team for 170 Mil. Why would anyone in Their right mind over pay by $50 mil. NHL just jerking the fans around.

I know it's not a surprise I'm being negative, but this is an excellent point. People who make a career out of investing don't do so starting $50+ million in the hole. I guess we will see how serious they are by how the city responds and how the deal is structured. Once upon a time, Matt Hulsizer, Ice Edge, Greg Jamison and Jerry Reinsdorf all promised to 'pay' $170 million for the team too.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
I know it's not a surprise I'm being negative, but this is an excellent point. People who make a career out of investing don't do so starting $50+ million in the hole. I guess we will see how serious they are by how the city responds and how the deal is structured. Once upon a time, Matt Hulsizer, Ice Edge, Greg Jamison and Jerry Reinsdorf all promised to 'pay' $170 million for the team too.

I know But when it came time to put the money up?????

I want the the Team to stay, I just don't see it at the price the NHL is asking. The Blue's sold earlier this year for 150 mil. And that was with Hard Assets.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Never bought into the smoke screen theory. To sell a few tickets? To get more renewals? Using a $60 average and a sold out building every night you get about $4 million in revenue a year. With expenses and concessions I cant guess what the profit is over a few more games this year but I can say its not a bluff.

It was well timed news to say here is the lead group and your deadline is up soon Glendale so make it happen...not to make a few more ticket sales that are just north of a few grand.

Remember, any group that wants the team to relocate would have to pay over $200 million with fees.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Remember, any group that wants the team to relocate would have to pay over $200 million with fees.

Seattle and QC are easily worth more than that. So I really wouldn't pin your hopes on someone not stepping up to that plate. Unlike the Coyotes, you aren't looking at starting in the hole. You arguably get a much better deal than an expansion team, which takes 5+ years to get on its feet.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Seattle and QC are easily worth more than that. So I really wouldn't pin your hopes on someone not stepping up to that plate. Unlike the Coyotes, you aren't looking at starting in the hole. You arguably get a much better deal than an expansion team, which takes 5+ years to get on its feet.

Could be. Seattle is currently out of the picture and to lose another US market wouldn't be a good goal. We shall see. I am not all up and jumpity since this guy killed the Jamison deal but I am not at an all hope is lost moment. I believe there is a 70% chance of staying 2 years. Now if this gets solved this summer we will see what the terms are. But I cant see an overnight relocation.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
As long as the NHL is asking $160 mil for a team thats only worth $129 mil. There will be no legitimate bids.

Say someone bids that 170m then moves the team to Quebec, wouldn't the price of the team rise way above 170m after a year of play? Or would it take several years? Quebec city will inevitably have sold out games every night.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Say someone bids that 170m then moves the team to Quebec, wouldn't the price of the team rise way above 170m after a year of play? Or would it take several years? Quebec city will inevitably have sold out games every night.

It was determined 4 years ago in court that this simply can't happen. The buyer will own a team in Arizona. Any relocation will need to be approved by the league and will require some kind of fee.

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side
I'm looking forward the the press conference Gosbee and Bettman are going to hold in Phoenix before a second-round playoff game.

Not me. I'm looking forward to the City Council meeting with everyone dressed in Coyote gear. The tweets, the anticipation, the celebration, the letdown. Let's do it all again shall we!!! :yo::yo::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad