Owen Sound Attack 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
By the lack of chatting going on in this thread no one really cares about the draft lol.. any word on the guys we drafted? Was it a thumbs up or down day one
One never knows for sure until Sept but personally I feel it is a thumbs up. They have drafted some quality kids.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Some insight on the new Attack 1st rounder

The 15-year-old forward had prepared himself mentally. He was coming off a season where he scored 44 goals and 86 points in 38 regular season and playoff games in the Ottawa U18 AAA League.

His agent had prepared him to be drafted sixth to 12th in the first round, although in his heart he was still holding out for the slim hope of being selected by the Ottawa 67's at number seven.

No surprise in the top-3. Michael Misa, a 15-year-old forward with outstanding player status, was drafted first in Saginaw. Malcolm Spence followed in Erie and his Grads teammate, Nathan Villeneuve, was drafted by the Sudbury Wolves, on the same team as David Goyette of Hawkesbury.

Compared to Chris Pronger, defenceman Sam Dickinson went out to Niagara at number four, Porter Martone to Sarnia at number five and Jack Van Volsen to Peterborough at number six.

It was Ottawa's turn. On his couch, Benjamin Cormier is holding his breath, but as he expected, they picked Ottawa offensive defenseman Henry Mews.

He had no idea what the Oshawa Generals' preference was at No. 8, but their choice was Beckett Sennecke. At number nine, Kitchener caused a surprise by selecting Michael Hage, a player ranked much higher, but who had just signed with the Chicago Steel in the USHL.

The 10th spot is next. The Law representative is within six feet of Cormier. He turns to tell us that the Barrie Colts will take Cole Beaudoin from Nepean at No. 10.

"JF, I'm going to Owen Sound!" he throws out, confidently.
Cormier leaps from his seat. He heads to his agent Jonathan Ward for a warm handshake and returns to his seat while the analysts describe his style of play.

Seconds pass. Emotion takes hold of him. His father, Alexander, gets up to hug his son. His mother Tracy joins the group. Tears of joy and pride run down every cheek as the crowd continues to applaud the accomplishment of "their" Ben.

The draft show was about 30 seconds behind the actual time. I looked at my phone and started getting congratulatory messages after the Barrie pick! When Beaudoin went out to Barrie, I was convinced that I was next in line for Owen Sound. I knew it was coming. I was ready for it, but when I heard my name, it became a reality and it hit me really hard. The first round was my goal all season. Two years ago, I never would have thought this would have been possible. This is a dream come true."

With his friend Guindon

Owen Sound is also the team of his mentor Cedrick Guindon. The Rockland native was the second highest scorer among OHL rookies this season behind David Goyette. What's more, Guindon and Cormier are part of the same player agency and train together during the summer. Cedrick, of course, was the first to call to congratulate him.

"I've come to the right place. I'm going to be in good hands. Cedrick is here and will take care of me. He's already doing that. The team is young and extremely talented. There's potential there. This is clearly one of the places I wanted to go."

Four of his friends were on hand to accompany him on an important step in his life. Alexy Plante, Ryan Chalhoub, Geneviève Robichaud and Cole King were equally touched by his early selection, but about 30 minutes into the big moment, they began to realize that Owen Sound, 6.5 hours away, was not on the doorstep! Benjamin Cormier understood them.

"It's a long way away, but we'll make arrangements to keep seeing each other."

Courtesy Le Droit - Gatineau, Ottawa | Actualités, Chroniques, Guerre en Ukraine, Arts, Le Mag, Sports, Le Droit Affaires, SOS Montfort, 25 ans déjà!, Affaires, Pékin 2022, Opinions, LA VITRINE, Hockey junior, Protégez-vous, ZONE / LES FEMMES ET LE GÉNIE, Jeunesse, Auto, Le Droit Famille, Balados, ULaval nouvelles, Je m'abonne (Translated from French to English.)

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
We will make sure all the new players are welcome in the Scenic City.
With many players here from Eastern Ontario, you will be home away from home.

Reactions: CasualStats

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Does Rogers stream today's game from Flint?
Most likely Rogers will pick up the TV feed from Flint. Pretty much every OHL team makes an understanding between the local cable TV and the team to broadcast the games.

As for the quality of the feed really depends on the local TV stations.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Flint actually has one of the better broadcasts in the whole league
It’s just an in-house production that’s pretty decent. A lot of opposing fanbases dislike the solo play by play guy which I can kind of understand. He does get excited. About everything.

Reactions: MJ5

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Chenard let’s in the most back breaking goals, boys score a shorty to make it 2-1 then he lets that in to make it 3-1 a minute later.. just a bad goal to allow on the road in a playoff game when momentum was starting to shift our way.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
How many times can a team allow someone to go coast to coast split the D and make our goalie look dumb… #9 gets burned for being so damn slow every time.

What a terrible effort by everyone today.. coaches need to do better getting this team ready to play. Can’t see them winning game 6 with this effort.

Reactions: OHL Prophet

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
Down one...back to the Bayshore for game 6...what a series and what great experience for our guys!! Let's see what happens the rest of the way, but from my perspective it is all gravy!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Millpond

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
It’s just an in-house production that’s pretty decent. A lot of opposing fanbases dislike the solo play by play guy which I can kind of understand. He does get excited. About everything
He has a hard job, being a single play by play guy would be hard, but your are 100 percent, he screams about everything. He needs to take it from a 9 to a 6, then he'd be quite good.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Game 6 id either start Votary or if Chenard starts he is on a short leash. I’m not putting all the blame on him in game 5 but 3 goals against were weak.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The boys didn't have their best game today but on the other hand this has been a swing momentum series from the start.

Game 1 was in our favor
Game 2 was in Flint favor
Game 3 was in our favor
Game 4 was in Flint favor
Game 5 was in Flint favor

Game 6 back in OS is really up in the air and this team will definitely have bring their lunchbox attitude if they want to stay in the hunt to have a chance at winning this series. It's not over yet until the final buzzer sounds.

Tuesday will be a big test of character either way but I don't think these guys will be put out quietly.

GW said "this team is going be exciting to watch this season" back in the summer before stepping behind the bench and that statement has held true this year.

Yes this season has been filled with ups and downs with the challenges of the pandemic, but that being said Coach W hasn't bit off more then he could chew.

This team will definitely finish strong no matter the final result in this series versus the Firebirds.

Tuesday will be a lay it all on the line type of game, and may the chips fall where they may.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Lol you’re a donkey… he is a good goalie but he lets in some bad goals, and in the playoffs you can’t afford to do that.
...and you think Votary won’t? Chenard has been very good this series with two meltdowns thrown in. I still think he’s the better option or game 6 though. He’s very slow on wraparounds going to his left post. Flint seems to have recognized this and they got him with another one last night.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
...and you think Votary won’t? Chenard has been very good this series with two meltdowns thrown in. I still think he’s the better option or game 6 though. He’s very slow on wraparounds going to his left post. Flint seems to have recognized this and they got him with another one last night.
That seems to be the book on him .
Post automatically merged:

All learning, for a dozen boys playing their first season in the O

OHL Prophet

Nov 17, 2021
How many times can a team allow someone to go coast to coast split the D and make our goalie look dumb… #9 gets burned for being so damn slow every time.

What a terrible effort by everyone today.. coaches need to do better getting this team ready to play. Can’t see them winning game 6 with this effort.

^^^^^^^^This right here!!!!!

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
It’s just an in-house production that’s pretty decent. A lot of opposing fanbases dislike the solo play by play guy which I can kind of understand. He does get excited. About everything.
Someone needs to tell him to stop yelling when calling the game. You do know why Flint has no permanent color man don't you? The majority of the OHL broadcasts have a duo broadcasting team, with many having a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad