Owen Sound Attack 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL Prophet

Nov 17, 2021
I really think the Attack have a chance to pull off this upset but that they will have to tinker with some of their match up decisions and special teams personelle, and make adjustments to pull it off. Flint has scored 10 goals in the three games. Here is a list of the number of times a player was on the ice when scored against. Ii is not a plus/minus list, but just who was actually on the ice when Flint scored. Yes some are PK and match up based, but I like looking at it because it is often an indication of who is not getting the job done in terms of their assignments

Woolley 6
Steen 5
Jordan 3
Sedley 2
Chibrikov 1
Uens 1
Seed 1

Portakalis 5
Burroughs 5
Goure 4
Guindon 4
Bryant 3
Porco 2
Barlow 2
Machachek 2
Petrovsky 1
Lesage 1
Fantino 0

A win tonight could deflate Flint! Let's fill the Bayshore and make it loud! Go Attack!

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Interesting that Wooley has a higher number than Chibrikov as they seem to be playing a lot together against the top Flint guys. Anyone know why Porco was missing in the last half of the game Monday?

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Attendance down but people are still wary with Covid everywhere in the community. Great game last night for Chenard and the team. Flint looks like it should be the stronger team but the Attack have a high compete level. The fans that did show up did a great job helping the boys close it out in the third.
Covid is the main reason I'm staying away from the rink. Was at the Hockey Fights Cancer game, basically the first one after the mask mandate ended, and the Bayshore is just too small and crowded to feel comfortable for this guy.

Will be happily cheering for the boys from home. Hope they can get a stranglehold tonight.

Reactions: aresknights

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Be nice if Barlow showed up this playoffs, boys up 2-1 with a 4 min PP early in the second.. you gotta score one and regain that 2 goal lead. Looks like they forgot to play the third period

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Gosh darn this team is so unorganized, dump it in the corner not right to their goalie… well that loss hurts, boys looked dead after only dressing 9 forwards.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
A bit of the same with Flint and it’s the opposition for both that doesn’t help. OS has been good through the nuetral zone but really good at their own blueline this series. Flint is good at getting sticks and bodies in lanes and in front of shooters but OS is probably the best I’ve seen this year.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A bit of the same with Flint and it’s the opposition for both that doesn’t help. OS has been good through the nuetral zone but really good at their own blueline this series. Flint is good at getting sticks and bodies in lanes and in front of shooters but OS is probably the best I’ve seen this year.
Your Firebirds were full marks to night .
The score could have been 4-2 or 5-2.
I've never seen so much time spent to review potential penalties.
Both were overturned in our favor, but could have blown the game wide open .

Flints veterans were better than ours tonight and that was the difference.

4 close games in this see saw series .

Well the good news is we get a game 6 at-home Tuesday ..

Back to the drawing board .

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Interesting that Wooley has a higher number than Chibrikov as they seem to be playing a lot together against the top Flint guys. Anyone know why Porco was missing in the last half of the game Monday?

Porco is sick

OHL Prophet

Nov 17, 2021
For a team that is being touted as a team to reckon with moving forward - the current situation is concerning to me...

Great that we have all these fabulous rookies but there seems to be a lack of leadership to me, both from the bench staff and the supposed leaders of the team.

First and foremost. How has this power play remained so dismal for an entire year?

Our captain is playing out his final games and just won awards for being the best body checker and shot blocker but hasn't thrown one hit or blocked a single shot in 4 games. But now a PP guy again apparently. Piercy and Ohhtmann are running around out there mouthing and acting like they own the place and no one is even going near them.

Only playing 9 fwds was a joke.

1900 fans???????????????

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
From what I've seen thus far in this series has been a few things.

For starters, Flint plays an in your face type game with a lot of raw emotions, and players are playing rough and tough hockey not giving inches and trying to get the advantage on the other. 78 for Flint isn't 100% was certainly not the player he was for Flint to start the series. Is that to say he isn't a talented player in no way, he's as talented as any other top guy in the league.

Each team has had glimpses of games where they absolutely control everything and the next don't that can been seen in the final results through 4 games.

Game 1 the Attack took the offense to the Firebirds
Game 2 the Firebirds took the offense to the Attack
Game 3 the Attack tightened up their game against Flint
Game 4 the Firebirds tightened up against the Attack.

With at least 2 games if not 3 remaining in the series this could the biggest chess match of round 1 in these playoffs. Each team has made strides and stubles in the series to this point and the results have shown at the end of the day with the series deadlocked at 2 W a piece.

With games 5 and 6 now guarenteed to be played this could come down to the last man to get the edge on the other wins a chance at the 2nd round. Sunday and Tuesday will be key games to deciding who will get the edge on the other.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
From what I've seen thus far in this series has been a few things.

For starters, Flint plays an in your face type game with a lot of raw emotions, and players are playing rough and tough hockey not giving inches and trying to get the advantage on the other. 78 for Flint isn't 100% was certainly not the player he was for Flint to start the series. Is that to say he isn't a talented player in no way, he's as talented as any other top guy in the league.

Each team has had glimpses of games where they absolutely control everything and the next don't that can been seen in the final results through 4 games.

Game 1 the Attack took the offense to the Firebirds
Game 2 the Firebirds took the offense to the Attack
Game 3 the Attack tightened up their game against Flint
Game 4 the Firebirds tightened up against the Attack.

With at least 2 games if not 3 remaining in the series this could the biggest chess match of round 1 in these playoffs. Each team has made strides and stubles in the series to this point and the results have shown at the end of the day with the series deadlocked at 2 W a piece.

With games 5 and 6 now guarenteed to be played this could come down to the last man to get the edge on the other wins a chance at the 2nd round. Sunday and Tuesday will be key games to deciding who will get the edge on the other.
Good observation captain obvious

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
For a team that is being touted as a team to reckon with moving forward - the current situation is concerning to me...

Great that we have all these fabulous rookies but there seems to be a lack of leadership to me, both from the bench staff and the supposed leaders of the team.

First and foremost. How has this power play remained so dismal for an entire year?

Our captain is playing out his final games and just won awards for being the best body checker and shot blocker but hasn't thrown one hit or blocked a single shot in 4 games. But now a PP guy again apparently. Piercy and Ohhtmann are running around out there mouthing and acting like they own the place and no one is even going near them.

Only playing 9 fwds was a joke.

1900 fans???????????????
I think if you were a Prophet you would be able to answer your own questions. Since not I'll try to help. This team will be a force moving forward with so many rookies and 18yr olds that are actually due to Covid finishing there 2nd yr. I will say I don't know your basis for bench staff comments but if you watched a lot closer you would realize why I am chuckling about that statement. PP that one you have a point on can't disagree. Our Captain I would almost bet he is nowhere near 100% How do you go from being helped off the ice and having a walking boot to playing in a matter of days? What is your solution for only playing 9 fwds and actually we had 10 dressed and the only one not dressed but available was Thomas Chafe. Bottom line I learned a long time ago if you are relying on 16-17 yr olds you are in for a tough ride. IMHO are guys are doing great. we are the #6 seed playing the #3 seed and are tied 2-2 not sure how much more we can expect.

Reactions: PensFan101

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Screenshot_20220428-112134_Chrome.jpg

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
By the lack of chatting going on in this thread no one really cares about the draft lol.. any word on the guys we drafted? Was it a thumbs up or down day one

a8592

Apr 24, 2022
By the lack of chatting going on in this thread no one really cares about the draft lol.. any word on the guys we drafted? Was it a thumbs up or down day one
Nice job on Owen Sound's first 3 picks - all could have been selected higher. Don't know much about the goale so can't comment there

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack has had great success drafting from Eastern Ontario.
2 more into the fold now .

Excited

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Only so much you can glean with the draft given 99% of us had no clue who these guys were before yesterday.

But even from the few scouting reports available, the forwards are classic attack picks. Cormier's report just sounds like a listing of all the ideal Degray picks the last decade.

So we'll see come camp! But the scouting staff have really done a great job the past few years and the team keeps punching above their weight as a result, so no reason not to trust their process!

Reactions: HockeyPops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad