Owen Sound Attack 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Well done boys !

12 rookies pushed the Firebirds to the last 20 minutes of game 7.

Our superstar16 year old Colby Barlow, outscored Flints star Othmann.
Couldn't ask for more .
Othmann is clearly hurt from the cheap shot by Lesage.

Hasn’t been the same since.

But spin it anyway you must.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Well the season is over.

34-26-5-3 with 11 first year guys is still impressive for this group, with 7 game playoff series to cap it off.

Maybe not the end result we hoped for in tonight's game but let's be realistic.

Our most impressive player this season was our 1st round pick in Barlow, our most exciting player was Cal Uens, and most improved player was Ethan Burroughs. These guys are going to be the guys the team is going to have big seasons next year, and this just to start with.

With what could return next season and the pieces that are coming in from the draft, this team will return with some bigger expectations and what could be a year that will see the core of this team push teams in the conference.

The experience that this team got this year, was something that they will be able to take into 2022-2023 and build forward with big steps.

This team isn't far off having something special happen in the next season or two, and under coach W. I think he will get the most out of these kids they show us that this year. He has certainly set a standard of what the expectations were very well and continue to build on what is already a good core of talent here.

I'm certainly looking forward to next season and seeing what will shake out for 2022-23.

The coutdown till the 2023 post-season has started.

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017
Well done boys !

12 rookies pushed the Firebirds to the last 20 minutes of game 7.

Our superstar16 year old Colby Barlow, outscored Flints star Othmann.
Couldn't ask for more .
We dressed 8 Rookies last night. They dressed 7. The line ups were similar to that the whole series.
The way I see it......it was the veterans that made the difference. Unfortunately, this year Flint had a better line up in that respect. Next year will be a different story.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Yep. Loses his man off faceoff. Too busy twirling his stick and bouncing back and forth on puck drop. 2-1 Flint. Change em up. No. Leave him out tired and a giveaway 10 secs later that almost resulted in another goal.

Let's go Attack! Big third period!
You got that right

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Othmann is clearly hurt from the cheap shot by Lesage.

Hasn’t been the same since.

But spin it anyway you must.
It's playoff hockey.
It's a war of attrition.

The road to the Memorial Cup is a long, arduous one .

If things fall your way, you'll see what I mean .

Do you believe there is one player who's not nursing an injury ?
This is only the beginning.

There are NO excuses on the Attack side.

None.

I'm very proud of my team .

Last edited:
Reactions: PensFan101

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
We dressed 8 Rookies last night. They dressed 7. The line ups were similar to that the whole series.
The way I see it......it was the veterans that made the difference. Unfortunately, this year Flint had a better line up in that respect. Next year will be a different story.
Flint had a few guys MIA and Cavallin had a very rough game one, then both teams started having guys drop like flies or being hobbled as the series went on. I was surprised to see, and surprised no one has mentioned the disappearance of Deni Goure. Burroughs to an extent too. It seemed to me like Barlow, Petrovski, Portokalis and Fantino etc were driving the offense.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Flint had a few guys MIA and Cavallin had a very rough game one, then both teams started having guys drop like flies or being hobbled as the series went on. I was surprised to see, and surprised no one has mentioned the disappearance of Deni Goure. Burroughs to an extent too. It seemed to me like Barlow, Petrovski, Portokalis and Fantino etc were driving the offense.
Good observations. I enjoy your balanced viewpoint .

Best of luck to you moving forward.
I wish you a long exciting playoff run .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad