Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Found out I'm going to be in Owen Sound again for another season so I renewed my season seats earlier today! Already excited for the upcoming season!

Attack hockey is a great way to enjoy winter in the sound.

For me it started in '89 when the Platers arrived. I had come up from Guelph a few years earlier. Walking up 2nd Ave East in January, I wondered why anyone would want to live here.

I've never left, nor do I want to.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Attack hockey is a great way to enjoy winter in the sound.

For me it started in '89 when the Platers arrived. I had come up from Guelph a few years earlier. Walking up 2nd Ave East in January, I wondered why anyone would want to live here.

I've never left, nor do I want to.

I relocated from the same area. (KW) but was raised just outside of Windsor which is where I want to be but it's at the point where I could decide to stay in OS for the rest of my life and be content.

People for the most part have been great. Had a few get on me for my skin color but world is still full of Dinks.

The area at times is breath taking. The Patio at my work is right on the bay and its unreal.

The team and the people who sit in my section are also awesome people. Sometimes the lady that sits behind me can get a bit much lol, but shes very nice so I let it go.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I won 4 tickets to the Award BBQ which is Sunday June 4th. I can't make it. Anyone interested, no charge. They are at Bayshore Broadcasting for pickup. I would just have to let them know that someone else is taking them which shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT - Likely it is 2 adults and 2 kids tickets. It was the Locking Business Furnishing Family Prize. Though I have never had a problem upgrading a kid to adult by paying the difference at the box office.

Last edited:

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I won 4 tickets to the Award BBQ which is Sunday June 4th. I can't make it. Anyone interested, no charge. They are at Bayshore Broadcasting for pickup. I would just have to let them know that someone else is taking them which shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT - Likely it is 2 adults and 2 kids tickets. It was the Locking Business Furnishing Family Prize. Though I have never had a problem upgrading a kid to adult by paying the difference at the box office.

The tickets have found a home.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
]

Mitchell Russell, Attacks 1st Rd pick signed today at the awards bbq.

He was 20th overall ,a product of Barrie Jr Colts.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Mack Guzda, 2017 Attack draft pick, is invited to the U17 Hockey Canada Goaltender programme of excellence in Calgary.

Mack holds dual USA-CANADA citizenship.

He was at the Attack Awards BBQ yesterday.

Bonk

May 18, 2007
Cincinnati
Barrie has its preseason schedule out, and they play in Owen Sound on Sunday, Sept. 3 at 2 p.m. We're vacationing there that week, so we'll be there.

Can't wait.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Barrie has its preseason schedule out, and they play in Owen Sound on Sunday, Sept. 3 at 2 p.m. We're vacationing there that week, so we'll be there.

Can't wait.

Let me know when you get here. Always down to meet some fellow board members!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Nick Suzuki.............Congrats

Ryan Pyette LFP Article:
Former Jr. Knights standout Nick Suzuki hit the NHL draft jackpot in being selected by the expansion Vegas Golden Knights Friday in Chicago.
The Owen Sound Attack centre went 13th overall, the third OHL forward taken --- just behind Mississauga sniper Owen Tippett (Panthers, 10th) and Windsor's Gabe Vilardi (Kings, 11th).
He was the Golden Knights' second first-round pick (after Cody Glass at No. 6).
The London native is the highest local product selected since Lawson Crouse, now with the Coyotes, went to the Panthers 11th overall in 2015.
In an unpredictable draft, this was no gamble. Suzuki scored 45 goals and 96 points in 65 games in his sophomore season with the Attack.
He was the Canadian Hockey League's most sportsmanlike player in 2016-17, spending only 10 minutes in the penalty box.
Nick's younger brother Ryan, also in the United Center stands, was the first pick in the OHL draft by the Barrie Colts this spring.
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/06/23/nick-suzuki-headed-to-vegas-golden-knights

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Gah he had to go to the "knights". J/k congrats Nick.

Maybe the only time I'm excited for an Attack player going to the Knights !

Haha. Well done, Nick. Looking forward to at least one more season for him in Owen Sound .

Good luck in the draft today, Attack prospects .

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Really hope Vegas doesn't screw us over for next year. There's no better roster in the NHL for Nick to crack next year.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Seeing that Palmu was drafted today by Vancouver, does this help the Attack's chances of him coming back for his OA year?
I would think the Canuck's would like the idea of keeping tabs of both he and Gadjovich while playing along side each other in Owen Sound.
If he does now come back, this would put Owen Sound even further ahead of most teams in the OHL leading into the 2017-18 season, IMO.
Any other thoughts?

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I'm surprised Hancock didn't get drafted. I thought his strong 2way game would have enticed someone to select him.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Seeing that Palmu was drafted today by Vancouver, does this help the Attack's chances of him coming back for his OA year?
I would think the Canuck's would like the idea of keeping tabs of both he and Gadjovich while playing along side each other in Owen Sound.
If he does now come back, this would put Owen Sound even further ahead of most teams in the OHL leading into the 2017-18 season, IMO.
Any other thoughts?

0% chance he's back. If the Canucks even sign Palmu this summer, it might be a case of NHL or Finland based on his contract with TPS and the transfer agreement 8but I could be wrong). All Finnish contracts have an NHL out clause in them, so maybe there's a chance he plays AHL this season.

Our focus should be on who the team is going to pick up in the Import Draft next week!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Expect Digs to make a decent Import draft selection Sushko is a given to come back after after the NHL camp and missing a portion of last season to the U17's and minor injury good to see Palmu getting a good crack at an NHL camp.

The Import draft will be Wednesday at 9 am and not Tuesday as the CHL website thinks it is the Attack will be picking 55 in the 1st round and have the option of picking 115th although I doubt Dale will use the 2nd pick and pass on it

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Well we got screwed by Vegas, but not the way I thought we would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad