Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Biggest off season question right now it Palmu. Will we not know the answer at the time of the import draft? Since Sushko will be here to be able to pick don't we need to know Palmu's intention?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The dreaded off season thread OH THE HUMANITY!:cry:

I had my seats reserved at the Chocolate Bar.:facepalm:

You all have a ton to look forward to with a young team that will probably peak next year if that is possible? I think a big ? for your team is how to replace Sentorame, what a season he had for you? Just a "horse" of a player he was. I was kinda secretly rooting for him to see you pull the upset but Eries depth got you in the end.

Fun Season in the West can't possibly imagine we will see another season like that one for awhile. Mind you with the East being very thin it did dilute it a bit. London made a season of devouring the East otherwise their inconsistency and Parsons injuries should have left us in the rear view mirror.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As the Attack season went I'd say that this year was a major surprise for all as fans we always strive for success and opportunities to see our team win the big hardware every year.

However the success this year was an absolute picture perfect season when looking back at it making it to the conference finals with a whole group of younger aged players is something as fans we all should be proud of especially when the core group can and most like will return next season. Big question marks on the team will truly be can Vella step up as the starter and will Palmu return as an OA which will be questions that are yet to be answered. Although 100 point season is something to be proud to see this and moving forward into next year

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Biggest off season question right now it Palmu. Will we not know the answer at the time of the import draft? Since Sushko will be here to be able to pick don't we need to know Palmu's intention?

The import draft comes after the NHL draft. What happens with Palmu there, or what doesn't will tell the story.

Personally, I don't see him eturning either way.
He either gets an ATK somewhere in North America, or he plays pro in Europe.

There's nothing left for him to prove in juniors.
Imports come to NA to either be scouted by NHL teams, or have already signed with one.

I'd think if there's no interest shown in him after this season, he'd likely go back to Europe and get paid to play.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Short answer , yes Dale will want an answer before the import draft. He can't roster 3 imports, unless one is a 1st Rd NHL pick . I don't see that with Palmu

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Short answer , yes Dale will want an answer before the import draft. He can't roster 3 imports, unless one is a 1st Rd NHL pick . I don't see that with Palmu

That's what I was after. We will know at that point definitively what Palmu is going to do. I don't see him back but until the import draft I can hold out hope

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Re: Palmu, I would assume 100% that he is gone until there is firm evidence to the contrary. Players that dominate the league like that never come back as overagers. He's either going to get a pro deal in North America or head back to Finland to start making money.

Same with McNiven.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound

Very happy for Palmu! He probably didn't like the interest being shown to him from NHL teams (either very little or not at all). Of course, he can still be drafted this year and can decide from there, but glad to see him moving on quickly.

One of the best imports we have ever had in Attackland, final stat line:

GP:176 G:85 A:104 P:189 Plus Playoffs GP:28 G:17 A:11 P:28

The only import forward close to those totals is Ruzicka with about 140 points in two season, at least as the Attack.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Would it be fair to say that the Attack are only losing:
Schmalz, Palmu, Cordell, Centorame, and (likely) McNiven?

Yikes! In a great spot heading into next season, and there's still the Import draft to come.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Would it be fair to say that the Attack are only losing:
Schmalz, Palmu, Cordell, Centorame, and (likely) McNiven?

Yikes! In a great spot heading into next season, and there's still the Import draft to come.

That's why there's been so much optimism in Owen Sound, and so much trepidation at the deadline about going for more. Those are the only players for sure gone.

The only other player with a possibility of not returning is Jacob Friend. He's still unsigned by Los Angeles and they do not have to make a decision on him this summer. He is, however, eligible to play in the AHL. So there's a possibility.

Otherwise, everyone else not listed above is slated to return. A great time to be an Attack fan! Camp in the fall is going to be competitive and exciting.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
That kaboom you just heard was their collective heads exploding in London over it not being Parsons. Congrats to McNiven.

Nope, not here. Parsons missed too much of the season (at least a 1/3rd if not more) . McNiven earned it for his reg season performance, no question.
But asked Erie fans (or any chl fan) who they'd rather not face....push come to shove, in a match up, be it 1 game or a series ;)

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Nope, not here. Parsons missed too much of the season (at least a 1/3rd if not more) . McNiven earned it for his reg season performance, no question.
But asked Erie fans (or any chl fan) who they'd rather not face....push come to shove, in a match up, be it 1 game or a series ;)

yep,no knock on mcniven he is great. parsons is a rare breed though. nearly snagged the entire series vs an erie team that could end up winning the memorial cup. mcniven had more offense in front of him but couldnt keep eries scorers as much in check. nothing wrong with it though because i think the only goalie in the chl that could or can slow erie for entire series was parsons.
wouldnt suprise me if mcniven returns next year for an OA season

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Well that didn't take long. Congratulations Petey on signing the contract. No question the best import forward we have ever had. Come on Dale work your magic and bring in another solid import, you have had an impressive streak lately with imports. Sushko, Sharpie, Palmu.

Also big congratulations to Michael McNiven on OHL Goalie of the Year.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
McNiven moving on to pro may be more based on where Montreal sits with goalies in their system - if they are a bit overloaded they keep McNiven down one more year just so they have a place to put him - Being an OA goalie in the "O" is not a bad think and teams do sometimes keep the kids back rather than have them sitting on a bench in the ECHL or AHL. Patterson was a signed goalie that comes to mind that was sent back and I believe Hackett as well. Either way it is in his and Montreal's hands where he ends up. Imagine the benefit if he did get sent back.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
McNiven moving on to pro may be more based on where Montreal sits with goalies in their system - if they are a bit overloaded they keep McNiven down one more year just so they have a place to put him - Being an OA goalie in the "O" is not a bad think and teams do sometimes keep the kids back rather than have them sitting on a bench in the ECHL or AHL. Patterson was a signed goalie that comes to mind that was sent back and I believe Hackett as well. Either way it is in his and Montreal's hands where he ends up. Imagine the benefit if he did get sent back.

I agree. Montreal still has Zach Furcale who was buried in the ECHL most of the year.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Found out I'm going to be in Owen Sound again for another season so I renewed my season seats earlier today! Already excited for the upcoming season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad