Owen Sound Attack 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
saw an interview and some adjustments are going to be made for tonights game by Owen Sound... Is that a goalie change? or is that Meyer out and MacArthur in? Or is it spitting up the lines like apparently was done last night?

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Well what can you say. A SH goal with less than 2 minutes left on a play where 4 Attack players are standing together. Sure McFadden makes a great play to swat it out of the air but what were all four guys doing standing in a group. Centorame reacted late to try and cover McFadden.

Overall solid effort in the game.

I only got to listen to the radio and watch highlights of the last 2 games but kudos to the fans in the Bayshore it sounds like it was rocking.

I would love to see one more at the Bayshore this year. Come on boys pull out the win in Guelph.

Stingland

Jul 27, 2013
Did you make it to any of the 2011 finals vs. Missy? I was at game 7. Highlight of my career as a fan.

I am a lifelong Sting fan as my moniker suggests and have had to endure 20 years of largely mediocre teams. In 2011 I took an interest in the the Attack as there was something special about that team. I attended an Owen Sound playoff game in Plymouth and then the league final in Mississauga. The electricity in the Hershey Centre in front of a predominantly Owen Sound crowd was something I shall remember for a long time. Hopefully the Sting are finally turning the corner and can experience that feeling also in the near future.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I am a lifelong Sting fan as my moniker suggests and have had to endure 20 years of largely mediocre teams. In 2011 I took an interest in the the Attack as there was something special about that team. I attended an Owen Sound playoff game in Plymouth and then the league final in Mississauga. The electricity in the Hershey Centre in front of a predominantly Owen Sound crowd was something I shall remember for a long time. Hopefully the Sting are finally turning the corner and can experience that feeling also in the near future.

Hi Stingland! I grew up in Sarnia Twp/Clearwater. My parents still live in Camlachie. My mom although she doesn't follow hockey at all always checks the Observer and we talk about the Attack and Sting. I cheer for the Sting when I can and really do hope the fortunes of the team change under the new ownership group .

It was such a special run. A better movie script could not have been written. As a fan I can live off that memory for many years.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
It's McNiven time!

not a chance, and I wouldn't want him too. McNiven is a good goalie but if he were to play it would have been last night.. they won't take Flinn out now. Flinn has given the team a chance to win every night and has come up huge when need to be, goal tending is not the issue. The issue, is not having the top players showing up to play and the slow starts.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
not a chance, and I wouldn't want him too. McNiven is a good goalie but if he were to play it would have been last night.. they won't take Flinn out now. Flinn has given the team a chance to win every night and has come up huge when need to be, goal tending is not the issue. The issue, is not having the top players showing up to play and the slow starts.

Agreed. I was really hoping McNiven got a start in one of the last 2 games. But you do not start him in the do or die game Saturday on the road. Jack has played well.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
exactly, besides it would be too much pressure on the kid to be put in a do or die game especially haven't played a game in two weeks. Stick with Flinn he's proven he can win games / keep the game close. from last year til now, he has come a long way, he definitely deserves this game.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
So it's a big night. The boys need to be 100% out of the gate. This has to be the forecheck, cycle game of a life time for the 3 OA's and Nasty, and I expect they will bring it. Stay out of the box. Cash in on the PP.

They won 3 in a row, now it's our turn.

GO ATTACK GO!!!

BoCanucksBo

YourDrouinItWrong
Feb 7, 2014
Pittsburgh
So it's a big night. The boys need to be 100% out of the gate. This has to be the forecheck, cycle game of a life time for the 3 OA's and Nasty, and I expect they will bring it. Stay out of the box. Cash in on the PP.

They won 3 in a row, now it's our turn.

GO ATTACK GO!!!

Its gonna be tough to come back, but the boys can pull it off!!! GO ATTACK GO!!!!!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I'm picking the Attack to win and Cook gets his 1st playoff goal in 2 years.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Congrats Guelph.

Bradford in all alone 2x on SHI attempts, one of those goes in, different ball game.

Guelph's D stepped up and really shutdown the Attack's bread and butter down low cycle.

Guelph's marquee players stepped up and got the job done.

But don't get me wrong all our top guys were giving it their all it just didn't happen for them.

I have gained a great deal of respect for Jack Flinn. The winner may have been something I wish he had but he's been a solid backstop in this series.

To our OA's Cook, Milne and Bradford. It has been a pleasure to watch you play, thanks for the show.

Zack, Biggie I doubt you will be back so again Thanks for the memories, the absolute commitment to Attack hockey and the most amazing work ethic I have seen. I believe I will be following you both for many years in the NHL.

Well the first Robins arrived in my yard and hockey is over for the year. Bring on Spring/Summer.

Cheers from OS, Mike

BoCanucksBo

YourDrouinItWrong
Feb 7, 2014
Pittsburgh
So sad to see our OA's Milner Cookie and Bradford go, wish you 3 well in the pro's! Biggy and Zach Nasty, I respect your commitment to OS and wish you well in the pro's and the NHL. See you next season Attack!

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Cheers to the Attack for a well fought series. Flinn was a great pick up, and the series was fun to watch as a result.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm an Avs fan that likes to keep up with our prospects so I watched quite a bit of your team this season, was really pulling for the Attack. Great series, all the games were so close. Our whole fanbase is so excited to see Bigras at the next level, he's had a great junior career and really turned it up at the end. Wish you guys the best, maybe the Avs will draft another Attack player and I'll be around again next season. :)

BoCanucksBo

YourDrouinItWrong
Feb 7, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm an Avs fan that likes to keep up with our prospects so I watched quite a bit of your team this season, was really pulling for the Attack. Great series, all the games were so close. Our whole fanbase is so excited to see Bigras at the next level, he's had a great junior career and really turned it up at the end. Wish you guys the best, maybe the Avs will draft another Attack player and I'll be around again next season. :)

You guys should pick up Schemitsch this year! :nod:

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
You guys should pick up Schemitsch this year! :nod:

I wouldn't be picking him up after the game last night. (At least not in 3rd or 4th round where he's projected) his lack of speed really showed and cost them the game. sure, it's only one game, but imo for him to make the jump in the next few year to AHL he needs to improve a lot. Hopefully next year his defensive game improves as he's going to be the number 1 D, and can provide the same offensive he did this season, that's his strength.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
It appears that the Oilers have signed Kyle Platzer (whom I've never seen play)... What are some of your thoughts on him? Does he potentially have an NHL future? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
It appears that the Oilers have signed Kyle Platzer (whom I've never seen play)... What are some of your thoughts on him? Does he potentially have an NHL future? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated :)

He's got a shot to make it. I think he comes back to the Attack next year, and that would be best for him. Needs another year of seasoning and strengthening. I think he isn't ready for the jump to the pro game but will be. He assumed a lot of responsibility and improved all year. He reminds me of Joey Hishon / Robbie Mignardi type..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad