Owen Sound Attack 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
I would go with Jack, only because OS will not be winning a championship this year, but if he has a good series against Guelph, and puts up a good series against Soo or Erie if they advance to second, he could be very good trade bait next season. Then have McNiven as a starter and build for the 2016-2017 because we know next year OS will be competitive but will lack a lot of Offense.

On another note, we saw how Top Prospects got to McNiven, maybe over-confident (cocky?) and his game went downhill during the game and after that for a bit, maybe this Dinty trophy could do the same, he has more pressure on him to perform well which could get to his head? But great honours for the kid, he has a lot of potential!

the cutter

Mar 23, 2015
In my opinion i think i would go with jack.even though mcniven got almost half the wins with half the starts.Jack has had a very nice second half of the season where michael has had a rough time. Over the last ten for each jack is 6-4 and mcniven 5-5 and if you break it down they had similar records against guelph. As i said jack has had a better second half and seems to be playing well. Either way its a tough decision.

On another note. The prospects game was an eye opener for mike im sure. Playing against some of the best in the chl. He was also a late addition to the game. Cocky? Definitely not. I would go with nerves. Sorry hockeyfan i cant follow your logic.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
before top prospects, the coach in an interview even said he is a little over confident. I would say nerves as well in that game, but with a young kid, being considered one of the best in the CHL, after 15 games or so, I could see how over-confident he could get. With that being said, I think it would be best for him to backup Jack, just observe the playoffs, to get a good feel for next year, and the year after where he will carry the team most likely.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
McNiven started the year facing lesser opponents and then had the difficulty increased as the season went on. The same approach was taken with Flinn last year and this was indicated by Coach in one of his weekly segments. They wanted him to play 20 games, he played 23.

Twice the coach and once McNiven spoke about his need to mature in the weight room / physically and nutritionally.

A goalie needs to be confident and a bit cocky. I don't think Michael entered the top prospects cocky. But did get a bit humbled by the experience. After he was put to the test against tough opponents and took time to find his groove again. He faced Erie 3 times.

His last 2 starts London were good.

I will bet / hope he gets one of the back to back starts in OS.

BTW - where were you guys all season. I was down to talking to myself a few weeks ago, LOL!

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
joined the site a few days ago, always looked at it but never joined as I am one to keep opinions to myself.

but i agree goalies need to confident but when you go 8-0 and basically have 2.00 GAA you're gonna get cocky...
top prospects brought him down to earth, but if I were OS i would not count on him to carry you through playoffs, unless called upon which i could see happening if one bad game comes from Jack.

overall, i am excited to see this playoff matchup, it will definitely be the most intense imo first round, maybe kingston series as well!

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
joined the site a few days ago, always looked at it but never joined as I am one to keep opinions to myself.

but i agree goalies need to confident but when you go 8-0 and basically have 2.00 GAA you're gonna get cocky...
top prospects brought him down to earth, but if I were OS i would not count on him to carry you through playoffs, unless called upon which i could see happening if one bad game comes from Jack.

overall, i am excited to see this playoff matchup, it will definitely be the most intense imo first round, maybe kingston series as well!

Thanks for joining and posting.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
The other day I saw Kyle Platzer eating at McDonalds! Not a good way to get ready for the playoffs!

And Curtis Lazar ate a hamburger after a game right off the ice. We all need our McD's fix now and again. I'm not too worried about Kyle getting slow after a trip to McD's.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
maybe it's the mcdonalds for why he's had such a great season LOL. i'm sure he deserves a Big Mac by now!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The other day I saw Kyle Platzer eating at McDonalds! Not a good way to get ready for the playoffs!

They can get away with it at this this age if they're eating right most of the time. No biggie.
Hopefully OS can bring that "hard to play against" style I've witnessed the last 4/5 yrs (although limited view this year) Pulling for the Attack to get over on the Storm.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I feel this series is going to come down to special teams so I will take the Attack in 6.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Sweet win. Secondary scoring. PP clicking. Good goaltending. tough attack hockey.

Wonder what was up with Szypula. played little and then got in a fight..

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Sweet win. Secondary scoring. PP clicking. Good goaltending. tough attack hockey.

Wonder what was up with Szypula. played little and then got in a fight..
Sweet win. You seem to have some bitterness against the Storm. Your team is a former Guelph team. And I think if you put us out, we will be cheering you team on for the rest of the playoffs. I know I will.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Sweet win. You seem to have some bitterness against the Storm. Your team is a former Guelph team. And I think if you put us out, we will be cheering you team on for the rest of the playoffs. I know I will.

Are you inferring I have a bitterness towards the Storm or our team in general? Me I have none other than the fact that I want us to win this series. I don't mind the Storm otherwise. Heck I got a free ticket and sat next to Batfan888 last week and no fights broke out :)

I think there is a shared feeling of support between the 2 fan bases when one or the other team bows out because of the Platers connection.

Does the fight at the end of the game that Szypula have carry any further penalty? I can't recall, I know that a fight in the last 5 minutes has some rule associated with it..

Does the fight at the end of the game that Szypula have carry any further penalty? I can't recall, I know that a fight in the last 5 minutes has some rule associated with it..
I believe it's only if the fight is instigated in the final few minutes of a game...and even then I do believe they are the types that are buy backs. Rules change like most change their underwear..so I could be wrong.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Rangers were an old one Guelph team also Stormfanone. Hope you show them some love also.:laugh:

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
every player for the Attack who played last night had an impact in the game. only 6 players held pointless, that is including Heeps, who didn't play, and Szypula and Lindo who both saw limited ice. Two were Nasty and Palmu, which doesn't happen very often. As well, two Attackers with their firsts (walters goal, Meyer point) and 4 attackers with multi point nights.

Overall, they battled hard, GI didn't have to just stick to 4D and two lines, he could play all them. Flinn with a very steady performance. Looking forward to tomorrow's game, will definitely be a whole new game.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I was thinking the same thing, kid has not developed much since his rookie year.

Attacks biggest azz kickin in a long time!

Some flashes this year but I agree not where I would say he should be as a first rounder at this point.

He's pretty good on the half wall on the second PP unit.

Good with the kids too.

stormfanone

Nov 30, 2013
Toronto Born in Gue.
Rangers were an old one Guelph team also Stormfanone. Hope you show them some love also.:laugh:
I was only 10 years old then and NHL teams sponsored the teams back then. It was the New York Rangers who moved the team. Of all teams in the NHL they are the one a dislike the most. The answer is no way. And I travelled with the Platers tier two team for most of the time they had a team.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
what do you guys think about MacArthur and Heeps not playing? second year guy, stands up for teammates, surprised GI went with Meyer over him. Although Meyer has been really impressive as of late.
Heeps has had hard time getting in this lineup, even with injuries and suspensions to others he couldn't crack it. I thought Heeps would have been better this season, but no improvements it seems like.
Think these two are back next season?
MacArthur I think will be back, but I could see Heeps going to play Tier 2 somewhere.
your thoughts on them!

BoCanucksBo

YourDrouinItWrong
Feb 7, 2014
Pittsburgh
what do you guys think about MacArthur and Heeps not playing? second year guy, stands up for teammates, surprised GI went with Meyer over him. Although Meyer has been really impressive as of late.
Heeps has had hard time getting in this lineup, even with injuries and suspensions to others he couldn't crack it. I thought Heeps would have been better this season, but no improvements it seems like.
Think these two are back next season?
MacArthur I think will be back, but I could see Heeps going to play Tier 2 somewhere.
your thoughts on them!

They will both stay. There will be room for Heeps next season since Milne Bradford and Cook are OA and this is their last season. MacArthur will stay also. The Attack have a great D core with Sharipzyanov Centorame MacArthur Schemitsch and Bigras if he returns next year.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
They will both stay. There will be room for Heeps next season since Milne Bradford and Cook are OA and this is their last season. MacArthur will stay also. The Attack have a great D core with Sharipzyanov Centorame MacArthur Schemitsch and Bigras if he returns next year.

I can't see Heeps staying. Not getting playing time this season, and with 4 players move on 3 OA's and Nasty that gives room for Reynolds, Gadjovich, Hancock, plus other draftees. I don't think Heeps will want to return if it isn't certain he will get a spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad