Owen Sound Attack 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
They will both stay. There will be room for Heeps next season since Milne Bradford and Cook are OA and this is their last season. MacArthur will stay also. The Attack have a great D core with Sharipzyanov Centorame MacArthur Schemitsch and Bigras if he returns next year.

Bigras is 100% gone to pro hockey but the defence coming back is still terrific.

MacArthur will get this chance, just a numbers game and Meyers is playing well.

As for Heeps, I hope the guy can pull through and stick with the team next year, because I think he has more to show, but he could definitely be one of the guys passed over on the depth chart.

Will largely depend on who of the 98's make it from the prospect pool (still praying Knierim might report someday). Plus you have to factor in one of the first round picks likely being a forward.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
MacArthur will have to step it up though, saying a forward and Defense is their first rounds, and Friend makes the team next year (he's been impressive with Cobourg and with the Attack during his games), there will be 8 Defense again.. definitely gonna be a numbers game next year..

And I think there is a good chance Knierim will come to Owen Sound

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Guys there is no way GI plays Meyer over MacArthur last night unless MacArthur is sick or being disciplined. Someone mentioned the flu going around in a previous post.

Might be while Szypula didn't play much either.

MacArthur is definitely part of the future D core IMO.

Heeps is in tough with Brack and Gilligan filling a similar role.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
I'm thinking Szypula's limited time on Friday, and not dressed today is discipline issue, not illness. Gadjovich who's replacing him already played more today than what Szypula did on Friday. MacArthur either a discipline issue, or they have more confidence in Meyer and Walters.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
The word is flu for MacArthur. No question when he is healthy he is ahead of Meyer and sometimes Walters.

Not sure of Heeps and Szypula but they are not dressed. They could also be flu. This isn't a discipline problem team. If there is flu going round they are making sure it doesn't get to others.

The bench is short right now. Busch/Lindo/Dunda are seeing very limited minutes. Brack and Gilligan are getting time with a top 6 as a 3rd line.

Gilligan really playing well tonight.

Hope Holden Cook comes back for OT.

Sudden Death. GO ATTACK GO!

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
I don't think Cook was ever fully healed after his shoulder injury, so I think everytime he gets hit hard he is gonna feel some pain.. I could him being held out rest of the game, he needs to be well rested for the rest of series, because this is a whole new guelph team compared to friday

should be a good OT

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I don't think Cook was ever fully healed after his shoulder injury, so I think everytime he gets hit hard he is gonna feel some pain.. I could him being held out rest of the game, he needs to be well rested for the rest of series, because this is a whole new guelph team compared to friday

should be a good OT

Agree about Cook. I think if it wasn't his OA season he would have had surgery. But instead opted to wait/rehab and play. But he has been solid on the return but this isn't the first game he has left after a hard hit.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Bummer... Well placed shot on a 3 on 1. Not sure what happened up ice for it to be a 3 on 1.

Rest up boys. And people make sure the Bayshore is rocking Tues/Weds.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
can't blame Flinn on any goals, defense kept them to limited chances, just the chances they had they know how to shoot the puck. need the top line to bring a bit more, but definitely a lot more secondary scoring right now which is nice to see. 10 goals past two games, and from 9 different guys I think the broadcaster said.

never been to playoff game at the Bayshore, but can only imagine how loud it gets, especially being able to hear "Go Attack Go" at the sleeman centre through tv

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
can't blame Flinn on any goals, defense kept them to limited chances, just the chances they had they know how to shoot the puck. need the top line to bring a bit more, but definitely a lot more secondary scoring right now which is nice to see. 10 goals past two games, and from 9 different guys I think the broadcaster said.

never been to playoff game at the Bayshore, but can only imagine how loud it gets, especially being able to hear "Go Attack Go" at the sleeman centre through tv

Nasty and Palmu have been noticeably absent / snake bit the last 2 games.

The Bayshore should be rocking. I am just hoping we get to Game 6 so I can get back to a game. Watching from the computer in Mississippi isn't the same.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Bummer... Well placed shot on a 3 on 1. Not sure what happened up ice for it to be a 3 on 1.

Marc Stevens leveled Chris Bigras at the Storm blueline who had his head down, the way the refs were calling all hits tonight I was shocked it didn't get called even though it was totally clean.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Marc Stevens leveled Chris Bigras at the Storm blueline who had his head down, the way the refs were calling all hits tonight I was shocked it didn't get called even though it was totally clean.

There were some questionable calls, and as much as it pains me to say it the Attack sold a few quite well. It's unfortunate they couldn't then convert on the PP more.

I am hopeful we have some bodies back from this flu for Game 3. Although Meyer has held his own I would prefer MacArthur in there and that would take some load off the top 4.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
I like Meyer when he's playing with Schemitsch as he was at the end of the season. If Meyer/Schemitsch and Walters/Sharpy are partners I think that will take a load off the top 4. I have a feeling it isn't the flu keeping MacArthur out of the lineup, I think GI has gained some confidence in him as there has been an significant improvement throughout the year from him.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I like Meyer when he's playing with Schemitsch as he was at the end of the season. If Meyer/Schemitsch and Walters/Sharpy are partners I think that will take a load off the top 4. I have a feeling it isn't the flu keeping MacArthur out of the lineup, I think GI has gained some confidence in him as there has been an significant improvement throughout the year from him.

We will have to agree to disagree. I feel that there are far too many time Meyers is a liability or just focused on clearing the zone at whatever cost even when time is available. I need to see a vast improvement in his ability to change direction at speed, and overall skating/footwork.

That's not to say he's not improved but he needs more improvement to take MacArthur's spot on the depth chart, IMO.

I also trust the guy over at Electric Ice saying its the flu, he's usually pretty in tune with what's going on internally to the team.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
fair enough I respect your opinion.. I would think MacArthur does get in the lineup tomorrow, (if its flu and he's over it). I just don't think Owen Sound should go with Walters and MacArthur or Meyer as a pair. it seems the pucks in their end when it's like that, that was all I was implying in earlier posts

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
fair enough I respect your opinion.. I would think MacArthur does get in the lineup tomorrow, (if its flu and he's over it). I just don't think Owen Sound should go with Walters and MacArthur or Meyer as a pair. it seems the pucks in their end when it's like that, that was all I was implying in earlier posts

No worries its great to finally have some action in this forum and be able to discuss the team.

So how did you become an Attack fan? You mentioned you haven't been to the Bayshore for a game. I wasn't a fan of any team of any sport really until I moved to OS went to a game, learned the story of the town/team and fell in love with OHL hockey.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
hockey fan overall, and I have never been to the bayshore for a playoff game, had the chance to get up there a few times over the years for regular season games. But I just love junior hockey, whether it's JrA JrB or ohl. Owen Sound has a great story, and always put a competitive on the ice, so love to watch them... I'm from the GTA so with Mississauga being close (and painful to watch) I try to make it to many games in and around the area as well, seen OS against London, Guelph, Kitchener many times and I just like what they bring!

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
No worries its great to finally have some action in this forum and be able to discuss the team.

So how did you become an Attack fan? You mentioned you haven't been to the Bayshore for a game. I wasn't a fan of any team of any sport really until I moved to OS went to a game, learned the story of the town/team and fell in love with OHL hockey.

Hey Mike, your story sounds similar to my own. I wasn't a hockey fan until the 2010/11 season when I got tickets for my then girlfriend (now wife) who played... the energy in the arena transformed me. We spent a bunch of cash going to games for a couple of years before doing the math and becoming season seat holders last year.

I respect Owen Sound for supporting their OHL team, and as someone who works in Centre/North Wellington in the social services, I appreciate how rural teams/fans are an integral part of the community.

Though we're on opposite sides, I love the energy and passion of the OHL playoffs, and give kudos to you for supporting your team and generating discussion.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
I bought a pair of tickets for tonights game and there's a bit of confusion. Do I have to pick them up before 5pm? Also does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants? Thanks for any responses

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I bought a pair of tickets for tonights game and there's a bit of confusion. Do I have to pick them up before 5pm? Also does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants? Thanks for any responses

I have picked up my online/phone orders right before game time. I don't think anything has changed. But might want to call and check.

Restaurants -
the go to before the game is Shorty's but I suggest a reservation.
Jazzymns is great.
Norma Jeans is great but I haven't been in awhile so going on others.
Tuscany's - never been since it changed owners.

These are all downtown. There is a Boston Pizza on the east side strip if that is your thing.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Hey Mike, your story sounds similar to my own. I wasn't a hockey fan until the 2010/11 season when I got tickets for my then girlfriend (now wife) who played... the energy in the arena transformed me. We spent a bunch of cash going to games for a couple of years before doing the math and becoming season seat holders last year.

I respect Owen Sound for supporting their OHL team, and as someone who works in Centre/North Wellington in the social services, I appreciate how rural teams/fans are an integral part of the community.

Though we're on opposite sides, I love the energy and passion of the OHL playoffs, and give kudos to you for supporting your team and generating discussion.

That's a great story. And thanks for the kudos. Your wife is to be commended!

I had seasons last year than about half way through the season my wife said "I've had enough hockey for the year". She's a trooper but not as big a fan as I am. We are also in Fergus during the week and only back to OS on weekends so I don't go to every game any more.

The whole aspect of a snowy saturday night with the whole town piling into the cozy bayshore is such a true Canadian thing it makes we really happy when I get to the rink.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
hockey fan overall, and I have never been to the bayshore for a playoff game, had the chance to get up there a few times over the years for regular season games. But I just love junior hockey, whether it's JrA JrB or ohl. Owen Sound has a great story, and always put a competitive on the ice, so love to watch them... I'm from the GTA so with Mississauga being close (and painful to watch) I try to make it to many games in and around the area as well, seen OS against London, Guelph, Kitchener many times and I just like what they bring!

Did you make it to any of the 2011 finals vs. Missy? I was at game 7. Highlight of my career as a fan.

hockeyfan3930

Mar 22, 2015
Did you make it to any of the 2011 finals vs. Missy? I was at game 7. Highlight of my career as a fan.

I attended games 3 and 5 of that series at the Hershey centre, but watched them all. such a great series, wish I snagged tickets for game 7 but didn't unfortunately. Watched on TV though, really good series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad