Owen Power leaning towards returning to Michigan

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
In all seriousness I would refuse to play for Buffalo. Screw random fans you dont even know judging you. I couldnt imagine starting off a young career somewhere like that. These young guys need to look after themselves.

For the record I would have refused to play for Edmonton pre-McDavid as well.
I dont remember anyone asking.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
At some point all these first overall picks should be enough for Buffalo to make the playoffs. If they draft Owen Power they'll have 2 number 1 defenseman and Eichel as their top center, with some nice complementary players. That should be enough. Unless Eichel and Dahlin aren't all that they've been hyped up to be.

And how good is Owen Power actually supposed to be? Is he the next Makar/Karlsson, or is he the next Ekblad/Murray? There's a huge difference there. Personally I think his younger brother Max who plays center will become the much better player down the road...

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would be hilarious if he tells Buffalo he will stay in College for 3 years rather than sign with them. Might deter them from drafting him. Hes only got 3 more college seasons left before he can go UFA no matter who drafts him. Might make Buffalo opt for someone else instead.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That’s not what you said. You said they ruin top prospects. All of their top 2 picks have had individual success. Team success and individual success are two different things. Let’s ignore that the Sabres were .500 with a legit goalie (Ullmark) but had to use SIX goalies this season due to injuries. The Sabres will have no problem bringing their top pick in whenever they feel they are ready

Dahlin was hyped as generational and isn’t even close to looking like that.

He has fallen behind other young Dmen

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Owen Power will return to Michigan. Again, then again , and again until he will be eligible to sign with another team after 4 years :)

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
can we get the rest of his quote?

"It's something I'd like to do just trying to get the true experience of playing college hockey. At the end of the day, it obviously depends on what the team wants and what everyone around me thinks is best."

this whole thing was a generic non committal pr statement. what was he supposed to say? "f*** michigan, power out!"

4 years of college hockey would be pretty shitty for his development. at the very least he needs to be in the AHL.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He already said he was leaning towards staying at school before Buffalo won the draft lottery. This is a non story.

don’t let facts get in the way of a good kicking of a franchise while it’s down.

obviously he is going to push back making a big money contract several years just so he doesn’t have to go to Buffalo. Because that’s what everyone would do. What’s several million dollars while risking injury during more low or non paying years and impeding your own development anyway?

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
He’ll be in the nhl next year. He’s just desperately trying to fake out Buffalo into passing on him with #1. Genius if you think about it

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
If I were Buffalo, I'd pick Beniers or Eklund. Closest NHL ready prospects, and with Eichel most likely on his way out, they need centers. They can address their other weaknesses in the Eichel trade and turn it around relatively fast. The scary thing is Vegas has the assets to trade for Eichel so something can be done there.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Can we put this silly narrative to rest. Here is his TSN interview from 2 days ago:

“That said, the Mississauga, Ont. native made it clear he would welcome the chance to join the Sabres.

"It'd be awesome," he said. "It's nice and close to home, so lots of family would be able to come down ... I would go to games when I was younger and watch the Leafs versus Sabres down in Buffalo. Obviously, it's two big fan bases and a pretty good rivalry."

Power solidified his spot atop the draft rankings at the recent IIHF World Championship, averaging more than 20 minutes of ice time per game while helping Team Canada win an unlikely gold medal. Power spoke to TSN about his experience in Latvia and also revealed what he'll be working on this summer.”

He was talking about going back to Michigan over a month ago on a Hockey News interview, well before the draft lottery. It is the best thing for his development anyways.

So stop the garbage that he is doing so he doesn’t have to play for Buffalo.​

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Would be hilarious if he tells Buffalo he will stay in College for 3 years rather than sign with them. Might deter them from drafting him. Hes only got 3 more college seasons left before he can go UFA no matter who drafts him. Might make Buffalo opt for someone else instead.
NCAA gave every player an extra year with covid situation last season so technically he can play 4 more years of NCAA hockey.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I wouldn't play for the Sabres and they're my favorite team
I haven't played Defense on an organized team in ~20 years and haven't skated in over a year, but I would gladly play for the Sabres.

I'll even sign for league minimum with no bonuses or trade restrictions and I guarantee that my level of play will not affect the overall team performance. My dirty play and fighting ability will make sure that I am in the penalty box and not on the ice so my poor conditioning will be a non-factor.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
DF518810-0117-487C-BE4C-2A3B24BBB211.jpeg
Lmaoooo

Reactions: EichHart

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I should have known this was yet another bash the Sabres,their city and their fans thread.. The title attempted to put lipstick on a pig..

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
same with your jokes that hes not going to sign with Buffalo. Hes not pulling a Lindros.
The best thing about the idiots citing Lindros is that the reason he refused to go to Quebec was that their buffoon of a GM made a nasty remark about his mom in French not knowing his mom knew French (IIRC she taught it).

Reactions: Price is Wright

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Dahlin was hyped as generational and isn’t even close to looking like that.

He has fallen behind other young Dmen

He's the 2nd highest scoring teenage D in NHL history, behind only Phil Housley---a guy who literally played forward in his early years...also during the high-flying 80s. And he managed that despite Krueger coaching all of the things that make Dahlin special out of his game for a season and a half. Some of the guys he's "fallen behind" didn't play their 1st NHL game until they were older than Dahlin is right now.

If Dahlin played in a large market or on a good team, the hype for him would still be insane, and deservedly so.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's the 2nd highest scoring teenage D in NHL history, behind only Phil Housley---a guy who literally played forward in his early years...also during the high-flying 80s. And he managed that despite Krueger coaching all of the things that make Dahlin special out of his game for a season and a half. Some of the guys he's "fallen behind" didn't play their 1st NHL game until they were older than Dahlin is right now.

If Dahlin played in a large market or on a good team, the hype for him would still be insane, and deservedly so.

Heiskanen had mvp type playoff type at the same age, Makar has been far more impressive.
Hughes was also at the same as Dahlin while bring a rookie.

Dahlin had a great start but he hasn’t been keeping up with his development.

You should also know very well it’s not only about offense when it comes to Dmen, nobody thinks Krug is or has been a 1D or a franchise D.
His overall game has a lot of development to do to be a franchise D, and so much to become generational.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad