Owen Power leaning towards returning to Michigan

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Can't say that I blame him.

Just as a giant F-U to Buffalo ownership, how long before he can re-enter the draft or sign as an FA somewhere else if he refuses to sign his ELC with Buffalo?

(I love you, Buffalo fans. I just hate that ownership group.)

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Just as a giant F-U to Buffalo ownership, how long before he can re-enter the draft or sign as an FA somewhere else if he refuses to sign his ELC with Buffalo?

Power having another year at Michigan has nothing to do with buffalo having the first crack at him... Remember the moment any college players sign a pro contract, they lose college eligibility.

He wouldn't be eligable to be redrafted until 2 years after the the draft he was drafted in so 2023.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY

Lafreniere’s deal has a total value of $11.325 million with a $3.775 AAV

Rangers eager for Alexis Lafreniere’s arrival after ‘easy’ contract process (nypost.com)

Ya, he ain't turning down potentially 10 million over three years to sit in college and make nothing.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is he just gonna not sign and pull a Justin Schultz? If he really doesn't want to play for Buffalo that is at least an option.

Reactions: Morrison

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Is he just gonna not sign and pull a Justin Schultz? If he really doesn't want to play for Buffalo that is at least an option.

Does he want to lose out in a couple years of making millions of dollars? all this does is delaying his full UFA status in the NHL.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

He has to wait 3 more seasons before he would be a free agent, that is not happening. Him returning for his sophomore year would have nothing to do with potentially being selected by Buffalo. I honestly wouldn't put a whole lot of weight into what was said. Kid hasn't even been drafted yet. I don't doubt he is considering returning but once he gets drafted and is faced with the opportunity to sign a NHL contract a lot can change.

There were rumors Brady Tkachuk was leaning towards returning to college prior to the draft, and then when he was drafted by Ottawa the same non-sense was said. He signed a contract with Ottawa that summer.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't buy it... when he sees the contract in front of him and how much money he will make, he will sign that contract so damn fast.

If Sabres wanna sign him asap, he will sign. Only way he goes back is if Buffalo prefers him to go back and they don't offer him a contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad