Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It's gonna do nothing to change the way the game is played so who cares.

Gotta love how busted Doomfist is even after 2 weeks of PTR testing.

- His stupid punch somehow magically ignores McCree's flashbang. A few times i threw it as i caught him mid charge animation (as in he was sitting there and building up power), got the stun and yet he somehow gets his punch off mid stun and kills me anyway. Flashbang can shut down literally everything from ultimate to a damn Reinhardt charge as he's in the middle of it.

- He can punch people around or through walls, corners and even above them when he's supposed to punch in a straight arc. It's basically the original Hog hook hitbox come back to life.

- Calculations show he can one shot 19 of the game's 25 heroes as long as there's a wall around. Given how choke point-y maps can be, this is a problem.

- His ult is also total garbage. I have no problem with being able to move yourself through walls as you look for a target but you should not be able to literally smash through a roof with it.

**** Blizzard. They claim Roadhog being able to one shot people was "unhealthy" for the game (despite him being incredibly easy to counter for anyone above bronze rank) and then they let this garbage go through.

Seems like you think it changes the game and you care a lot actually. :laugh:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I suck with him but at least its brought a good new variety to the game. It is kind of annoying just getting blasted out of nowhere. Maybe his charging noise needs to be a bit louder. Also I've definitely jumped over his punch as Genji and he's still hit me which is annoying.

His seismic slam move is super awkward and kind of pointless. I think that need some tweaking too.

Seems like you think it changes the game and you care a lot actually. :laugh:

Lol

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I suck with him but at least its brought a good new variety to the game. It is kind of annoying just getting blasted out of nowhere. Maybe his charging noise needs to be a bit louder. Also I've definitely jumped over his punch as Genji and he's still hit me which is annoying.

His seismic slam move is super awkward and kind of pointless. I think that need some tweaking too.

Lol

Finally played him last night and I agree, he seems to get hits super-easy when it looks like you are in the clear he smacks you. I definitely see some tweaks coming to his character.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Summer Games next week

Call me a ****** but I think them bringing back the old Summer Games skins is lame. I liked using some that I had got last year because they were rare and just showed that I had been playing since the start. Now everyone will have them. Kind of a bummer

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Summer Games next week

Call me a ****** but I think them bringing back the old Summer Games skins is lame. I liked using some that I had got last year because they were rare and just showed that I had been playing since the start. Now everyone will have them. Kind of a bummer
Would be ridiculous if they didn't considering you couldn't target skins with coins. And playing since the beginning doesn't really have any prestige for a one year old game.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'd prefer they just had a limited run availability via coins and a different theme. There's a few in the bucket I'd have bought if it were available. Glad I can go get the Lucio ones for instance.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Did they change the competitive ranking system? I just hit platinum for the first time and have been having a really easy time winning games. I switched from a Junkrat to a Pharah main, which might have helped. But I've either been getting much better team mates lately, or the ranking system has changed so that platinum is easier to achieve.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's 100% the fact you switched to Pharah.

Pharah is widely considered to be the "gatekeeper" of the platinum/diamond border on all platforms because a lot of people at that rank can't aim for **** (on console especially), letting Pharah run basically unchecked.

The problem is even worse with Pharmercy.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's 100% the fact you switched to Pharah.

Pharah is widely considered to be the "gatekeeper" of the platinum/diamond border on all platforms because a lot of people at that rank can't aim for **** (on console especially), letting Pharah run basically unchecked.

The problem is even worse with Pharmercy.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. The most useful aspect of Pharah that I've noticed is her ability to take out healers/support. I always target their Mercy and usually find it's very easy to single her out and kill her, before moving on to other opponents.

What drives me nuts is when a team mate picks Mercy and then neglects me for the whole game. Happens more than you'd think.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Pharah should always pick off her rival first, then it's a 50/50 on healers or laying down fire on the enemy's front lines to open up room for your team. The best Pharah players cause chaos and draw focus on them, allowing their team to swarm.

That being said, switching from Junk to Pharah is an easy win. Junkrat has limited advantages and only really works in specific team comps where he's well guarded. Pharah can work in nearly all scenarios and is mobile enough to survive.

To be honest, I'm tired of "mains" in this game. I had someone message me freaking out I went Reaper despite having the most hours on support characters. As if I'm incapable of owning with attack because of that, to which I had 70+ kills in a 5 match KotH.

The real lesson is if you want to reach the upper tiers, learn how to play every character and fill in what the team needs for team success. You'll win more often and have better games since all of those players that can't play a role will go first.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I got the same heat for playing Sombra one time. Only like, 2 hours on her sure, but i watch a lot of tournaments/pro play so i actually understand how/when she's really effective. (i'd actually argue she's kind of braindead if you run her on 2CP)

My cousin (he was over when i took off to visit friends in the spring) ended up getting me banned for leaving so much this season, it's pretty much the break i needed from OW. I'm done with normal comp until they either actually punish leavers or fix the ranking system. I'll play competitive lucioball because it's an excuse to have fun with a hero i love to play, but come season 6 i'm sitting out.

Once again, the community ruins a great game.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so few skins this time. only really Mercy stands out too me. Junk and Reapers are okay too

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Seems like a reallllly small batch of new items compared to usual but I like them, at least Mcree and Soldiers

Also Zarya has the classic Bryz "its only game, why you heff to be mad" voiceline which is awesome

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Just started getting back into OW
Got the Cricket skin for Junkrat with my free box.
Feels nice to be playing again.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Blizzard is such a joke. This stuff was patched into the game a week ago with the doomfist patch and it's still broken as ****.

Competitive Lucioball is literally a lame copy/paste of normal comp. You can't play if you're banned and it still depends on what your current rank is (so if you're above the diamond threshold in normal you still can't play with lower ranked friends)

What's the damn point if it's just taking data from your already existing comp status?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Competitive Lucioball for the win. Loving this game. Went on an absolute tear at 73% win percentage, placed at 3100 and finished the day around 3400 after around 2 hours.

Feels like cheating with my Rocket League training, lots of similar mechanics, off the wall and aerial play, etc. The only thing I hate about this game is when it turns into a volleyball match and people just sit back and keep lobbing it at the other goal until someone screws up. Get some skill in there, carry it up the walls, play it off the opposing players, make some passes back to your teammate, etc.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The depth is there. I feel like it's a safe haven for all of us disgruntled Lucio players from comp. :laugh:

I love how my skill translates from rocket league too. Make a beauty of a save and then let in a total gimme because i didn't boop it properly :laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Welp, just as quickly as I enjoyed it, it then became a toxic pool of players for me today. It's really frustrating that people can't learn to control their emotions better and feel the need to take it out on all of the players and blame others. The post-match messages are even more amusing.

The sad thing is the impression it has on the younger generation of gamers who then repeat it like sheep.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I like Lucioball more than normal OW at the moment lol

also FFA and TDM added to PTR as well as a DM only map

also some balance changes. Roadhog feels alot stronger, and Widow being able to see Venom Mine'd enemies through wall is.... interesting

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just feels like a poor man's rocket league. Less depth and just makes me want to play Rocket League tbh.

That's exactly how I felt about it. :laugh:

I went to play RL instead of OW after a few Lucio Ball games. That being said, I got the Soldier 76 BBQ outfit and hearing him say "drink up!" and "Anyone need some cold refreshments?" made my day. Then I actually looked at what he slaps down for his healing well. Its a freaking beer can! and I lost it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I bought a $20 pack of loot crates (yeah, im that guy who spends real money on skins and stuff... sometimes) and have leveled up maybe 5 times since summer games started, plus got a few crates from arcade games

Out of all that, summer games stuff I got:
Mercy - goddess
Soldier 76 - BBQ
Reaper - Biker
Lucio - Soccer player
D.VA - Korean
Genji - Japan
Thorbjorn - Sweden (and I'M SWEDISH! voice line)
Widowmaker - Tri color (France)

Every players "Medal" victory pose.

And loads of special voice lines, sprays, player icons and highlight intro's. I like Junkrat's shot-put one.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I feel like Reaper needs to be nerfed.

Reaper isn't too hard to handle as long as you are not 1v1 with him in tight quarters.

I think Doomfist needs to be nerfed. That charge attack charges too quickly and shouldn't be able 1-shot anybody IMO. Unless the time it takes to charge is a bit longer.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Welp, just as quickly as I enjoyed it, it then became a toxic pool of players for me today. It's really frustrating that people can't learn to control their emotions better and feel the need to take it out on all of the players and blame others. The post-match messages are even more amusing.

The sad thing is the impression it has on the younger generation of gamers who then repeat it like sheep.

Main reason I've stopped playing is because of cancerous teammates. Having that Hanzo/Torb/Sym/etc. meme team is bad enough. Having one jackass throw and ruin it for everyone else is even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad