Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Blizzard has been running competitive online ladders since the 90s. The thought that they don't know how to run a ranking system is absurd.

You play Hearthstone, you should know that's not an absurd statement.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It wouldn't be a Blizzard game if its fanbase didn't complain about stuff that only applies to the top 0.5% of its players.

Casual WoW raiders complaining about Mythic raid changes.
Starcraft players complaining about a balance change intended for pros.
Silver and Gold ranked Overwatch players complaining about something that really only applies to Diamond+ players.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Off chance anyone will this late, but I am trying to grind out some Lucio ball competitive games tonight

Fell out of master last week after lagging out, want to get back before the games end

I'm on Xbox, if anyone wants to play add me: Ketch22

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
FFA is pretty fun. Team DM is eh.. Just don't go in without a 4-stack.

I was having A LOT of fun with FFA and got 2nd place by 1 kill like 3 matches in a row. Once with Sym so that was funny. Then this guy showed up as Tracer and they were really good. They would end up with at least 10 more kill than anyone else.

Wasn't really fun after that.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
TDM was great for the first few days until everyone started doing stuff like Orisa Torb Widow Ana in a corner behind a barrier.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Junkrat is terrifying now.

That damn tire moves at the speed of sound and apparently mutes itself when it goes up walls.

Really don't understand why he of all characters got buffed.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I played my first game in a couple weeks the other day and my kill cam had a Junkrat tire literally flying through the air to stealthily fall on top of half my team and kill us. It was Eichenwald at the bridge and the guy found a wall climb to get over the roofs. It was insane, death from above.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Overwatch runs like garbage for me now, ever since the update. My frame rate randomly drops during games. I'm not the only one it seems having problems but until it gets fixed the game is pointless to even try playing.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Junkrat is terrifying now.

That damn tire moves at the speed of sound and apparently mutes itself when it goes up walls.

Really don't understand why he of all characters got buffed.
Agreed. He was already pretty OP.

I really like team DM actually and dislike FFA

Just seems like such luck to get the finishing blow sometimes in FFA
This is something I hate about FFA or even having any kind of deathmatch for this kind of game. I once had 18 assists and 7 kills in a match. The next closest person had 8 assists. It's insanity.

Overwatch runs like garbage for me now, ever since the update. My frame rate randomly drops during games. I'm not the only one it seems having problems but until it gets fixed the game is pointless to even try playing.
I noticed this too. Also in Quickplay I seem to get linked up with A LOT more very low level players. Kind of annoying.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
My best friend and main partner is a Junk main so I mostly love the buffs lol

Skilled Junkrat mains are the 2nd best DPS you can run now, ffs.

I've heard that it's mostly based on your graphics card. My GTX 1070 runs like greased lightning 90% of the time but like you said that 10% is insufferable.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I've heard that it's mostly based on your graphics card. My GTX 1070 runs like greased lightning 90% of the time but like you said that 10% is insufferable.

Ya I built a brand new PC, with a GTX 1060 and it ran OW perfectly fine until the last update.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I see the same comps like every time in TDM.

Mei-Pharah-Shield Tank-XXX

It's annoying but I like it.

I haven't noticed that happening much yet on Xbox

Most Xbox matches are just a free for all, 4 offense characters or maybe a Zen/sniper

Its more fun that way I think. Arcade is supposed to be fun, not gimmicky

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Dva and Mercy rework comes through today

I almost exclusively play Dva so I hope this doesn't make her too much worse

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Really don't understanding the reasoning behind either change.

D.Va is now what she was back when the game launched. A tank that can't actually tank because she doesn't have a good enough health pool (again, thanks for the giant critical hit box) and a DPS that doesn't have the output needed to dive and secure kills (Like say, Genji or Tracer)

All it should have been was a slight nerf to the uptime on her defense matrix, not chopping it in half like they did. That or keep the current nerf and give her slightly more armor to compensate (and so she can play like a damn tank as she should be able to)

And Mercy...I don't quite know how i feel about it. On one hand, i ****ing hated the rez ult, but on the other i'm not quite sure what their end game with the new ult is. Because the world didn't have enough Mercys with really bad timing on pulling out their pistols.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
This thread could definitely use a renaming...

Also, as a DVa main, I'm not looking forward to playing this game after the new update, which I haven't had time to do since the patch. If I wanted to play a run and gun game with missiles and the like I would just play Soldier. DVa's defense matrix was her "tankiest" quality, without it she has no identity.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This will be the first competitive season I've skipped and I don't miss it at all. Only played some arcade lately and the game is such a cluster.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'd like to see them expand into some game modes that don't rely on such garbage map designs. I thought Blizzard of all companies would have been great at creating memorable maps but there isn't a single one in the current game that I would rank up there with top map layouts. Half of the problem is 2CP and KOTH are very uninspired game modes but even their payload maps lack in comparison to TF2 and ET.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
This will be the first competitive season I've skipped and I don't miss it at all. Only played some arcade lately and the game is such a cluster.

Yea same, other than season 1 because I wasn't interested in comp at the time.

I did my placements in one day in week 1, placed Master, and have just been playing Destiny2 since. I'll probably come back for quick/arcade with the halloween event for a bit, but some of the recent changes just don't give me any desire to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->