Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The depth is there. I feel like it's a safe haven for all of us disgruntled Lucio players from comp. :laugh:

I love how my skill translates from rocket league too. Make a beauty of a save and then let in a total gimme because i didn't boop it properly :laugh:

There's definitely some depth, but it pales in comparison to Rocket League. The physics and pace of the game don't match that of RL, let alone all the boosting and arial aspects of RL. It's just a slower, less technical, less fun version of RL, IMO.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
did my placement games for Copa Lucioball, Diamond 3355 SR

gonna push for Master for some free Comp Points since im usually Gold/Plat in normal OW hhaa

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I find it funny and sad that they needed to boost the ranking system for Lucio ball. I got up to around 3350 rather easily (I'm by no means good at this gamer type), whereas I struggle at 2550 in normal ranked.

Seems like they tweaked the rankings so more people would play it because it gives you a sense that you're better than you actually are. Either that, or it's a trial to tweaking the actual rankings.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
maybe you, like me, are just better at Lucioball than the actual OW game

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Welp, just as quickly as I enjoyed it, it then became a toxic pool of players for me today. It's really frustrating that people can't learn to control their emotions better and feel the need to take it out on all of the players and blame others. The post-match messages are even more amusing.

The sad thing is the impression it has on the younger generation of gamers who then repeat it like sheep.

I find it pretty easy to ignore people. Especially since you can press P and leave chats.

This one guy was pretty normal actually, pointing out where Widow was... etc. Good teammate. But he was SO LOUD on his mic. So I told him he was really loud so he literally started screaming into his mic. Like he took offense to me saying that. So I just pressed P and clicked on the chat icon and left.

We won that game then next game we were on different teams and we destroyed his team.

I dunno, It's easy for me to not let others ruin a game for me. Its why on my xbox I have all communication turned off except for people on my friends list. On PS4 and Switch I never chat with anybody.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I too feel like the ranking is a little high. I got placed at 3200 (and in normal OW you get placed much lower than you should average out at), so if thats true then its even higher haha. I've been stuck at +/- 100 of 3,000 in normal comp for two seasons now

I feel like I'm pretty good at Lucioball but maybe not that good. My brother who is very average at video games got placed at like 3000

Not that I'm complaining

The game is a lot of fun I think. Its nice to have a mode totally different than the normal game so if you just want to relax or take a break from high precision shooting and decision making then you can just hop on Lucio ball and kill some time

I kind of wish they'd have a permanent mode like this thats totally different than the normal gameplay

On a different note, I wish they made the two maps slightly different. Maybe slightly different locations for the jump pads, different shape for them or something, etc.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Another small Lucio Ball note I just thought of

I wish they tracked the stats. I'd like to see my winning percentage, goals per game, saves, etc. Seems simple. Will your competitive score even be noted anywhere on your profile?

Also: the POTG system sucks. Every POTG is just your goalie saving the ball and shooting it back on net and it sneaking through. At least at my level this happens at least once a game and is always the POTG. Meanwhile, you could score a mid air goal off the jump pad, a wall riding redirect, an OT game winning goal, etc., and won't get it over your goalie making a routine save/goal.

Minor complaints really, still love the mode

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Finally got the new Mercy skin today :yo: so happy!

The new animated short was released at Gamescom today, and it's of my girl Mei <3

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Mei looks slightly skinnier in this cinematic than she has previously. I must take to social media and express my outrage.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Mei looks slightly skinnier in this cinematic than she has previously. I must take to social media and express my outrage.

It's because she's still stuck in the middle of a huge ice storm, and they missed their resupply window and are low on rations.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This should at least put to end the whole is Mei thick or fat debate to rest.

At least give me that.

I feel like any kind of deductive reasoning should have generated the conclusion that she is thick. This never should have been a debate.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Wow, some pretty huge Mercy changes on the PTR right now.

Mercy's ultimate is now called Valkyrie, which allows you to fly and all abilities are enhanced. E is now resurrection (one ally only, 30s cd, melee range).

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Blizzard should team up with Netflix and create an Overwatch animated series. They're really good at the short films, why not something a bit more serious.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They still didn't fix the fundamental issue with the game rank wise; stuff is still based on performance.

You want to be taken seriously as a competitive game? ditch the participation ribbon thought process. You make your SR entirely based on wins and losses. None of this individual performance ranked across the entire playerbase for that character garbage. Not only is it dumb, but it actually hurts the people who flex (which is the whole point of this game to start with.) since less time spent on a hero means technically worse stats.

Literally every other ranked game does it like that. Siege, Rocket League, Halo, the list goes on. Don't like it? Well then maybe you shouldn't try to claim you're a competitive experience (which i personally think it never should have been to start with)

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
They still didn't fix the fundamental issue with the game rank wise; stuff is still based on performance.

You want to be taken seriously as a competitive game? ditch the participation ribbon thought process. You make your SR entirely based on wins and losses. None of this individual performance ranked across the entire playerbase for that character garbage. Not only is it dumb, but it actually hurts the people who flex (which is the whole point of this game to start with.) since less time spent on a hero means technically worse stats.

Literally every other ranked game does it like that. Siege, Rocket League, Halo, the list goes on. Don't like it? Well then maybe you shouldn't try to claim you're a competitive experience (which i personally think it never should have been to start with)

You seem like a really fun person

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Sometimes the truth isn't fun.

Truth be told the game is still fun, but it has no business being competitive. Blizzard treats it like one when they have no clue how to balance/set up a rank system

They're bending over backwards for casuals when the casuals will likely play regardless since the base game is fun at its core. Balance the ranking system around actual competitive play.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Ranking system is based on both winning and performance, which is how competitive gaming should be done. I have no complaints, if someone leads the team they should get more of a boost than someone who had an awful game.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Blizzard has been running competitive online ladders since the 90s. The thought that they don't know how to run a ranking system is absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad