Overrated Prospect Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
None of the prospects are making any sort of impact in the NHL. Tkachuk and White are what they are, at this point.

Not even one forward has established himself at a top 6 forward in the NHL, yet

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
be careful of your charts Mick..Most of the guys have only produced at ~ 1/5 of their levels in the NHL versus AHL. And those whose productivity is about the same, are doing poorly in the AHL.

The college kids..well, there are plenty of Hobey Baker Winners that were busts.

The one true positive, the team is playing exceptionally well. And yes, a young AHL team that is successful can produce good prospects. Let's wait..

Not really anything to be careful of. NHL production is largely influenced by role, and we've mostly been easing guys into roles at the NHL level rather than thrusting them in. Basically, it's too early to read anything meaningful into the NHL numbers. That's where you need to be careful, I suppose I could have left the NHL numbers off entirely for that reason, but it's nice to see who got the callups and taste of the big leagues. That's not to say everyone with strong AHL numbers or College numbers will succeed at the next level, but if you're handicap the odds, you'd much rather they perform well at the lower levels than not.

Reactions: Puikiou

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
None of the prospects are making any sort of impact in the NHL. Tkachuk and White are what they are, at this point.

I know you hate him, but Tkachuk is absolutely a top-six forward on every single NHL team.

Also not a Sens draft pick, but Duclair is starting to firm up his top-six status as well, imo.

The Batherson, Brown, Balcers, Norris, 2020 1st group will start to work their way into the NHL over the next few seasons. None of them (outside of maybe Batherson) are particularly disappointing this season, imo, so there's still plenty of time.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa

Yes, the 20 year old Brady Tkachuk is finished his development as a player, because as we know, and as has been well documented, hockey players reach their physical and technical peak at age 20, never growing any bigger, faster, and stronger, nor becoming more skilled beyond that point. Clearly, the fact that last season he scored 22 goals as a 19 year old rookie keeps him from being projected as a top 6 forward on any NHL team, as evidenced by the fact that he is now player on a team with LESS skill and talent than he had with him at the start of last season, he currently has 15 goals, which is only slightly ahead of his goal scoring pace from last season. Yup, totally. No chance for any further growth or development in Tkachuk at all.

As for Colin White, I mean, hell, he's already 22 years old. Grey beard status achieved. Might as well trade him before the wear and tear of his long career starts to show, because that horse needs putting down fellas.

... seriously though, what? They "are what they are"? Do you mean in the literal sense that they are human beings primarily composed of water? Because that's the only manner in which you are accurate...

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Well Brady is an All Star.

But if you think he is all he'll ever be and that filling out his frame isn't going to make him an absolute nightmare for the opposition on the board and in the slot, I don't know what to tell you.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not really related to this thread or current discussion but just a general feeling after surfing a few threads this morning :

Some posters on this board really have the weirdest takes, so outrageously biased that after a few times, it's almost impossible to take them seriously. God knows I have tried.

I don't get the fascination some have with standing by a an extreme point of view, which results in massive hyperbole and becomes totally unrealistic in a hurry

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am more encouraged by the strength of the prospect pool now than I was at the beginning of the year. Still need some high end talent up front but the middle 6 forward prospect prospects are there. The D ... I am probably less encouraged by than I was at the beginning but we have 2-3 coming soon that could change that. We should be able to get a decent D prospect in the up coming draft. I think our goalie prospect depth is in good shape. It will be interesting to see what happens at the expansion draft as well.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not really related to this thread or current discussion but just a general feeling after surfing a few threads this morning :

Some posters on this board really have the weirdest takes, so outrageously biased that after a few times, it's almost impossible to take them seriously. God knows I have tried.

I don't get the fascination some have with standing by a an extreme point of view, which results in massive hyperbole and becomes totally unrealistic in a hurry

I think it is caused by a desire to get attention. :)

Reactions: Xspyrit

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Id still take Rees over him. Ill be sure to go through your post history and call you out on every potential wrong call you have made. In 2 years the post could also look terrific. So before you call someone out id be 100 percent sure about what you are saying.

He is saying that your post of Pinto being a “horrible” pick did not age well. No one is perfect, but chill out

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

R2010

May 23, 2011
Id still take Rees over him. Ill be sure to go through your post history and call you out on every potential wrong call you have made. In 2 years the post could also look terrific. So before you call someone out id be 100 percent sure about what you are saying.

It's moreso the rush to judgement based on players you haven't seen much. Something admittedly we are all guilty of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad