Overrated players from the 2010s

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Also no one on this website has ever liked Nash (except you apparently) so he can’t really be overrated. :laugh:

The most oddly maligned player.

I always had a soft spot for Rick Nash for his performances for Team Canada at the World Championships.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Rick Nash hands-down. The hype he got in Columbus was ridiculous.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Corey Perry. The year he scored 50 and won the Hart gave him this rep of a superstar and a massive contract he never lived up to. Him being a 50-60 point player the rest of the decade was his real self but he was still constantly talked about as if he was this big star until near the end.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Its funny that people like taking players down as overrated while never specifiying how exactly they were rated

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Also no one on this website has ever liked Nash (except you apparently) so he can’t really be overrated. :laugh:

The most oddly maligned player
This "Overrated" argument always differs where people judge things from. Listening to the gushing over Nash as a franchise changing superstar was a little much where I live.

Also, I think Nash started to get pushback from fans sick of hearing how amazing he was without doing anything. Same thing happened with Toews.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Prime Rick Nash was an absolute monster of a player. If he'd had anything resembling a real 1C in either Columbus or New York, he would have hit 50 goals without breaking a sweat.

See, you are assuming this. That always doesn't happen. I saw him on good teams and he was pretty much a playoff bust.

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
Zero shot he gets in

He was well under point per game every single season in the 2010's except for 2010
no major awards
I believe he has a 2nd NHL all-team award in 2010
I agree he has no shot. Just saying he's underrated and not terribly far off.

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
I didn't realize players without any hardware or even a 100 point season were close to being HoF calibre. James Cameron needs to raise the bar again.
He's been very good offensively and average defensively for a long time. Players such as he tend to compile a lot of value. He's had a better career than Rick Nash, for example.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Rick Nash is one of the most hilariously overrated players I've seen play in 30 years. Every year was his breakout year but he was a 30/30 players through and through - treated like a pt/game or better player.

Meanwhile people are like "Is Huberdeau really that good?" "is Draisaitl bad?"

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
<your team's best player>, obviously, although homer fans of <your team> will keep pretending otherwise.

And while I'm here, anyone who suggests <my team's best player> is clearly a fool who doesn't know hockey.

:sarcasm:
OP is looking for specific examples I believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad