OVERAGERS

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Saginaw have 5 listed still for camp. I cannot see Prostevov being a backup, so I don't expect to see him there for long.

Why would you think Prosvetov is going to be the backup. Love Lennox for sure, but hes not even draft eligable this season. Let them split starts 60-40 to not overwork Ivan and let them have the best goalie duo in the O.

In all likeliness Gilmour and Webb are the ones on the outside looking in, unless the NYI sign Coskey and Arizona assigns Ivan to the ECHL.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Here is a link to post #37 of this thread, the one that I am maintaining with a list of overagers in the league.

If anyone has information about overagers to add or remove from the list, please post them below with a brief explanation and I will happily update it.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
You can remove Cade Robinson from Owen Sound Attack roster. Dale DeGray confirms in a news article that Cade and Attack have parted ways.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Why would you think Prosvetov is going to be the backup. Love Lennox for sure, but hes not even draft eligable this season. Let them split starts 60-40 to not overwork Ivan and let them have the best goalie duo in the O.

In all likeliness Gilmour and Webb are the ones on the outside looking in, unless the NYI sign Coskey and Arizona assigns Ivan to the ECHL.

Edit: Just checked Rapid City's roster, looks like they have a couple goalies already so maybe he will be back.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Edit: Just checked Rapid City's roster, looks like they have a couple goalies already so maybe he will be back.

Yeah, him being back is definitely being pushed by Joey and a few others. Of course nothings for certain. He's talented enough to go pro, its just where Arizona thinks hes best suited to play. With 6 signed goalies, I think he'd be ECHL bound and personally Id say 40ish OHL starts plus playoffs with some pro seasoning afterwards would be more beneficial for his development than potential back up duty in the E

Reactions: Finster8

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
FYI - CJ Clarke cracked the SSM preseason roster. Tried out after being released from Mississauga and scored 4 points including a hat trick in last night's annual Red & White game.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Anyone have interest in Luke Richardson? There really isn't an asking price, Rangers are saying they are just trying to find him a place to play this year....just curious.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Anyone have interest in Luke Richardson? There really isn't an asking price, Rangers are saying they are just trying to find him a place to play this year....just curious.

Gens could be. Right now they're debating using an OA spot on Aidan Hughes, and Richardson is better than him

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Popular opinion in Flint is that the Firebirds for sure would have interest in adding an OA goaltender.

EDIT-Well, this happened today. Not Richardson, but Popovich.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Depends on how you are evaluating them? By points? By impact to a team? Looking at all OAs, or just OAs likely available to acquire?

If you are just talking about points, then my top 5 OAs available to acquire would probably be:
McGregor
Struthers
Hawel
Neumann
Chenier

If you include players not likely available for trade, I think you would have to throw Meireles and Keating into the conversation.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
My Top 5 based on Impact and Potential Points/Goals

Yantsis - Will score 50+ goals, probably highest goal scorer in the league
Keating - Probable 100 point player this year
Coskey - Possible 100 points this year
Hawel - Should be dominant this year
Neumann - Will put up big points

HM: Durham, McGregor

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Depends on how you are evaluating them? By points? By impact to a team? Looking at all OAs, or just OAs likely available to acquire?

If you are just talking about points, then my top 5 OAs available to acquire would probably be:
McGregor
Struthers
Hawel
Neumann
Chenier

If you include players not likely available for trade, I think you would have to throw Meireles and Keating into the conversation.
Still the chance some top OA's may be back RE Prov in Saginaw but these OA's definitely make my list-

McGregor
Neumann
Hawel
Hayton in the SOO - ya not an OA but seems like he has been a pain in the butt forever!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
My Top 5 based on Impact and Potential Points/Goals

Yantsis - Will score 50+ goals, probably highest goal scorer in the league
Keating - Probable 100 point player this year
Coskey - Possible 100 points this year
Hawel - Should be dominant this year
Neumann - Will put up big points

HM: Durham, McGregor

Meireles was 3 off 100 last season and plays on a line with Jonny Yantsis

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
So with Garreffa, Richardson, and Johnson off of the list for now, we're left with only five teams with additional OA's. Barrie, Oshawa, London, and Mississauga with 1 and Sarnia with 2.

I could see players like Cameron, Resnick/Hughes, and Coome just being released if nobody has a spot for them. As for Sarnia and Mississauga, I think that they will both have to move a quality piece. Unresolved situations in Saginaw may also see them move a player like Webb ot Busdeker.

I see Kitchener, Oshawa, Peterborough, and the Soo as contenders that might add an impact OA.

Random predictions, I think Martin goes to Peterborough, McHugh back to Kitchener, and Grima to the Soo. Oshawa may hang onto Hughes for now and add someone later once they know whether MacLean is their guy or not.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
So with Garreffa, Richardson, and Johnson off of the list for now, we're left with only five teams with additional OA's. Barrie, Oshawa, London, and Mississauga with 1 and Sarnia with 2.

I could see players like Cameron, Resnick/Hughes, and Coome just being released if nobody has a spot for them. As for Sarnia and Mississauga, I think that they will both have to move a quality piece. Unresolved situations in Saginaw may also see them move a player like Webb ot Busdeker.

I see Kitchener, Oshawa, Peterborough, and the Soo as contenders that might add an impact OA.

Random predictions, I think Martin goes to Peterborough, McHugh back to Kitchener, and Grima to the Soo. Oshawa may hang onto Hughes for now and add someone later once they know whether MacLean is their guy or not.

Martin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad