OVERAGERS

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
If Coskey and Prostevov are not back, I could see Gilmour being traded to Petes for Fraser for protection of Perfetti. Saginaw needs some toughness if we want our young stars to shine.

I assume Perfetti is past the point where he needs protection and I’m sure there are cheaper options if need be. Saginaw already has like 8 D lined up for next season as well

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I’ve seen London fans mention him, swap him for Nelson or Tymkin?

If London and ptbo can make a deal work involving Fraser and tymkin it would really help both squads I’ve said it before I’d like tymkin. I suggested trading SDA for tymkin and picks tho :)

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If Coskey and Prostevov are not back, I could see Gilmour being traded to Petes for Fraser for protection of Perfetti. Saginaw needs some toughness if we want our young stars to shine.

Webb 6'4 200 OA, Solovyov 6'3 200 00, Katic 6'5 210 00, and Goldowski 6'3 205 00 all big vets that can provide muscle if needed. I can see Katic and Goldowski with breakout seasons. You have to have guys like that on your team it keeps the other team skating with their heads up.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I assume Perfetti is past the point where he needs protection and I’m sure there are cheaper options if need be. Saginaw already has like 8 D lined up for next season as well

If you count Wilde, they'll have 7: Solovyov, Millman, Lemieux, Webb, Smith, Punnett, Wilde. And only 3 of them have any real experience in the OHL. They'll need to add an 00 D eventually. Gilmour could be a decent piece in a move for someone rebuilding that needs some leadership for younger players.

edit: forgot Fraser was an OA himself, can't take him then.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
H Davis has to figure in their plans since they traded for him this off season. That seems to indicate they plan on him.

I don't see CJ Clarke having a spot, he isn't a top 6 forward, and seemed the most expendable of the list.

Ham and McHugh are the inside favourites for the other 2 spots as they stand now IMO, though Isaacson could also be in the mix early.

My guess is that the Steelheads will go with Davis, Ham and Isaacson for the 3 spots. McHugh will start the year with the team and then be traded at somepoint before they cut down to 3. Not sure if Clarke and Wells will return much if anything in a trade

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
My guess is that the Steelheads will go with Davis, Ham and Isaacson for the 3 spots. McHugh will start the year with the team and then be traded at somepoint before they cut down to 3. Not sure if Clarke and Wells will return much if anything in a trade

I like McHugh myself over Isaacson, but you could have it right. McHugh had a rough time after his injury, and if he does get back on track he might bring something back later on. I also agree about Clarke and Wells, I doubt they garner much return.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Soo has a spot with only 2 on the roster - Jaden Peca and Christian Propp. Question still remains whether Propp reports - might open up a second spot.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
it’s going to be hard to move OAs this year. seems like a lot of teams are over right now for spots

Is this based on numbers or just an opinion? How many OA's were eligable to return last July vs this year?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think Barrie is the only team we haven't heard from.
Tortora, Jacob
Willms, Jason
Brown, Aidan
Cameron, Christopher

Are all these guys set to return or do some have other plans?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Based on what everyone has posted, I have pared down the list of eligible overagers to the following 79 80 79 80 players. Please let me know if I have accidentally included/excluded someone. Remember, even if every team has 3, that means that only 60 will play the year.

BAR Tortora, Jacob
BAR Willms, Jason
BAR Brown, Aidan
BAR Cameron, Christopher
ERI Martin, Ryan - released
ERI Singer, Danial
ERI Golden, Jacob
FLT Durham, Jake
FLT Phibbs, Jack
FLT Popovich, Anthony
GUE Roberts, Zachary - school
GUE Ralph, Cedric
GUE Wainman, Josh - traded from Hamilton
HAM Johnson, Bradey - traded from Niagara
HAM Stevens, Liam - OJHL 99ers
HAM Ali, Conor - signed OJHL?
HAM Jackson, Zachary - not at camp
HAM Donofrio, Nick - released
HAM Landry, Kade
HAM Nurse, Isaac
KGN Brahaney, Jakob
KGN Bonello, Brendan
KIT Meireles, Greg
KIT Richardson, Luke
KIT Yantsis, Jonathan
KIT Hawel, Liam - traded from GUE
LDN Nelson, Josh
LDN Tymkin, Cole
LDN Turko, Alex - released
LDN Cotter, Paul - AHL Chicago Wolves?
LDN Coome, Riley - St. Marys
MIS Davis, Hayden - gone to school
Wells, Ryan - out as per Tarantula
MIS Martin, Calvin - traded from SAR
MIS Isaacson, Nick
MIS Ham, Liam
MIS McHugh, Nick - Caledonia Corvairs GOJHL
NB Grima, Nick - trade from SAR
NB Struthers, Matthew
NB Chenier, Brad
NB King, Nick - left team
NIA Roberts, Elijah
NIA Castleman, Oliver
NIA McGrath, Jake - not coming back as per Burke interview
NIA Hunter, Drew
OS Lyle, Brady
OS Philip, Matthew - traded from NIA
OS Robinson, Cade
OSH Walker, Daniel
OSH Hughes, Aidan - waived
OSH Neumann, Brett
OSH Resnick, Cole
OSH Bollers, Kyle - Brantford (OJHL)
OTT Garreffa, Joseph - trade from KIT
OTT Keating, Austen
OTT Hoefenmayer, Noel
PBO Wilson, Hudson - traded from OTT
PBO Paquette, Jacob - traded from NIA
PBO Gallant, Zach - AHL San Jose Barracuda
PBO Fraser, Cole
- ECHL
SAG Coskey, Cole
SAG McLeod, Ryan - AHL Bakersfield Condors
SAG Gilmour, Brady - University of New Brunswick
SAG Webb, Reilly
SAG Hill, Brock - OJHL Brantford 99ers
SAG Busdeker, DJ
SAR McGregor, Ryan
SAR Hatcher, Kelton
SAR Egert, Curtis - St. Catherines GOJHL
SAR Josling, Sean
SAR Miskyw, Dylan - claimed off waivers
SBY Levin, David
SBY Bulitka, Shane
SBY Carson, Macauley
SBY DeMeo, Anthony - retired
SSM Clarke, CJ
SSM Propp, Christian
SSM Peca, Jaden
WSR Garagan, Ben - college
WSR Incze, Colton - OJHL Brantford 99ers
WSR Boka, Luke
WSR Purboo, Cole
WSR Stevenson, Thomas

Edit: Moved Davis to MIS, removed Gaylor, added Clarke, Wells - as per Tarantula
Removed Bukac - as per TDN
Added Coskey - as per Finster8
Removed Demeo as per VoiceFromTheNorth
Put Cole Fraser back for now

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Based on what everyone has posted, I have pared down the list of eligible overagers to the following 79 players. Please let me know if I have accidentally included/excluded someone. Remember, even if every team has 3, that means that only 60 will play the year.
So this means that only four teams (FLI, KGN, PBO, SSM) are currently in positions to be buyers. At least 12 teams have to shed 1 or more OAs.

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
MIS Gaylor, Cameron
MIS Isaacson, Nick
MIS Ham, Liam
MIS McHugh, Nick

SAG Davis, Hayden

H Davis dealt to Missy this offseason, have to believe they keep him.
you can add CJ Clarke and Ryan Wells to the list, doubt that the Trout keep either.

C Gaylor was a U18 pick 2 drafts ago and did not play a shift last year during the regular season, can't see him resurfacing in the O.

Heck of a list, you have more patience and drive then I have!

Reactions: HockeyPops

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Is this based on numbers or just an opinion? How many OA's were eligable to return last July vs this year?

based on opinion, not sure what it looked like last year. but based on the list just posted, 4 teams have an open spot and most teams are over by 1 or more. some guys will likely move on to the CIS. the list looks like Christmas came early for the Caledonia Corvairs as well

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Brock Hill from Saginaw is signed in the OJHL next season per elite prospects
Do we know that this means he is not returning? Or could this be a "just in case" signing? I have seen other players sign Junior A, and then go on to make their Major Junior team - although typically it's rookies not overagers.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
based on opinion, not sure what it looked like last year. but based on the list just posted, 4 teams have an open spot and most teams are over by 1 or more. some guys will likely move on to the CIS. the list looks like Christmas came early for the Caledonia Corvairs as well
There a limit Caledonia or any GOHL team can use.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
So this means that only four teams (FLI, KGN, PBO, SSM) are currently in positions to be buyers. At least 12 teams have to shed 1 or more OAs.

5 teams on the list with room right now with 2 or fewer?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I haven't looked closely but it is highly unlikely all of these players end up back. They may opt for different offers. Also, just because a team has three or four eligible guys that would come back, it doesn't mean they would be anything other than simple place holdersm teams typically want impact players as OA's, especially contenders.

So this could simply be a case of quantity available over quality. We should still see some solid OA movement like we do every year.

Reactions: LR8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad