OVERAGERS

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Trading Davis will leave Gilmour, Busdeker, Hill, Webb, Coskey. Probably no Coskey but he would have a great year with Perfetti and Jenkins.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Provided all return, and it's believed they will, the Rangers will have a solid three in Meireles (97pts), Yantsis(50 goals), and Garreffa (87pts).

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Erie has 3 right now:

RW Danial Singer
LD Ryan Martin
LD Jacob Golden

Singer I think should be on the team, he's a good goal-scorer and could get an OA boost playing in the top 9. The loss of Cajka and the whiff on Khushnutdinov gives him a pretty clear path to a spot in the top 9.

Martin will likely be on the team as a veteran leader and probably at least an alternate captain, if not captain, I don't think he's more than a 2nd pairing guy at this point though.

I anticipate Golden will be traded or released if they can't find a taker as Erie has plenty of depth on defense and shouldn't give up a 3rd (conditional in the trade with London).

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Guelph currently has
Zach Roberts
Cedric Ralph
Anthony Popovich
Liam Hawel

Hawel is the biggest question mark, went unsigned by Dallas though did attend Habs rookie camp this month. Had 37 goals this past season. Wouldnt be surprised if he stays or goes either way.

Popovich will be back in the OHL this year, just a matter of if it's in Guelph or not. With Bennett now signed either Poppy or Daws has to go. Daws has backed up Poppy for 2 seasons now so this could be his chance to take the crease if the Storm can find a home for Poppy. Though honestly I wouldnt be shocked if they traded Daws and kept Poppy instead.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Guelph currently has
Zach Roberts
Cedric Ralph
Anthony Popovich
Liam Hawel

Hawel is the biggest question mark, went unsigned by Dallas though did attend Habs rookie camp this month. Had 37 goals this past season. Wouldnt be surprised if he stays or goes either way.

Popovich will be back in the OHL this year, just a matter of if it's in Guelph or not. With Bennett now signed either Poppy or Daws has to go. Daws has backed up Poppy for 2 seasons now so this could be his chance to take the crease if the Storm can find a home for Poppy. Though honestly I wouldnt be shocked if they traded Daws and kept Poppy instead.

Goalie situation aside, and assuming all are looking to return to the OHL....I think the easy decision is to just drop Roberts. Nice player, but not impactful enough to warrant an OA spot. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there would be much of a return if traded.

Perhaps you look to deal Ralph and or Hawel? They could bring back a more significant return, and this team needs to turn some assets into futures after their load-up last year.

Should be interesting to see how the roster shakes out.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hamilton has a few decisions to make:

Zachary Jackson (F)
Isaac Nurse (F)
Liam Stevens (F)
Josh Wainman (D)
Connor Ali (D)
Kade Landry (D)
Nick Donofrio (G)

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Gens currently have

Daniel Walker (F)
Brett Neumann (F)
Cole Resnick (F)
Kyle Bollers (F)
Aidan Hughes (G)

Walker and Nuemann will take 2 spots and I'm assuming we move on from the other 3.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Firebirds have two currently on roster, Jake Durham and Jack Phibbs.

Durham pumped in a lot of goals for Flint last year, and figures to be back. Phibbs is likely to be squeezed out by what looks to be a deep core of young forwards.

Filling OA spots is one area that the Firebirds need to do much better than they have for the past couple of years. Now that we're done clearing roster space and ice time for the owner's son, hopefully the GM makes better use of those spots.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sarnia has,

McGregor
Josling
Hatcher
Egert
Grima
Martin

I suspect that they keep McGregor, Josling and Hatcher.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Ottawa has Keating, Wilson for sure. Looks like Hoefenmayer might be back. If he is I suspect Wilson gets traded so we can get another OA forward as we are silly deep on D.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Petes only have Gallant at this point. Haven’t heard much regarding Fraser. Hopefully they can trade him for a pick or two. Maybe he’s thinking of going the CIS route?
Either way the Petes will need an OA or two. They are looking good to make a run, so they will be looking for top end OAs from non-contending teams.
At some point I think the Petes will take a shot at
Paquette (NIA), Brahaney (KGN) or Landry (HAM)

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
upload_2019-7-19_21-18-34.jpeg

Reactions: TuckerFan1

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Mississauga has:

Liam Ham
CJ Clarke
Nick McHugh
Nick Isaacson
Ryan Wells
Hayden Davis

all 6 make cases for a spot. they can likely get a return for 3 of them where as some teams have no choice other than to opt out of the OA year in their standard player agreements (I believe that’s how it is interpreted?)

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Mississauga has:

Liam Ham
CJ Clarke
Nick McHugh
Nick Isaacson
Ryan Wells
Hayden Davis

all 6 make cases for a spot. they can likely get a return for 3 of them where as some teams have no choice other than to opt out of the OA year in their standard player agreements (I believe that’s how it is interpreted?)

H Davis has to figure in their plans since they traded for him this off season. That seems to indicate they plan on him.

I don't see CJ Clarke having a spot, he isn't a top 6 forward, and seemed the most expendable of the list.

Ham and McHugh are the inside favourites for the other 2 spots as they stand now IMO, though Isaacson could also be in the mix early.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
IMO the Petes will be trying to deal Fraser and upgrade on defense. Unfortunately, the OA market is flooded with some teams having 5 or 6 potential OAs back.

Kingston needs an OA and Fraser may be a good fit to help protect Wright and their other young players and it’s closer to home because he’s from the Ottawa area. I’m just not sure the Petes would want to face Fraser that frequently this season :eek:

Sudbury is a team that seems to have coveted Fraser in the past, but I’m not sure a deal can be worked out there.

Either way, the Petes won’t get more than a couple of picks in return.

Any teams in the West interested in a hard nosed OA for this season?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
IMO the Petes will be trying to deal Fraser and upgrade on defense. Unfortunately, the OA market is flooded with some teams having 5 or 6 potential OAs back.

Kingston needs an OA and Fraser may be a good fit to help protect Wright and their other young players and it’s closer to home because he’s from the Ottawa area. I’m just not sure the Petes would want to face Fraser that frequently this season :eek:

Sudbury is a team that seems to have coveted Fraser in the past, but I’m not sure a deal can be worked out there.

I’ve seen London fans mention him, swap him for Nelson or Tymkin?

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017

If Coskey and Prostevov are not back, I could see Gilmour being traded to Petes for Fraser for protection of Perfetti. Saginaw needs some toughness if we want our young stars to shine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad