OVERAGERS

MajorJuniorFan98

Jul 28, 2019
Hamilton won't be bringing back Connor Ali- heard he signed with a top team in the OJHL.

I saw someone throw Cameron Gaylor around for an OA spot in Mississauga. He's probably back in the OJHL as well with Trenton where he previously was.

I think Flint will open up and grab an OA or 2 maybe. Jack Phibbs isn't an asset to have- however despite not coming into his skill set I have heard he's good in the room.

Will be interesting!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
So this means that only four teams (FLI, KGN, PBO, SSM) are currently in positions to be buyers. At least 12 teams have to shed 1 or more OAs.

The Greyhounds will be looking for a right shot defenseman. Grima makes sense as a good passer and quick decision maker on a team with too many OA's. Paquette isn't exactly a Greyhounds style player, but he's the big fish out there. I'd love Brady Lyle, but Owen Sound probably isn't motivated to move him.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Saginaw may not have to move anyone. If Coskey and Prostevov stay in AHL or ECHL, that leaves Busdeker, Webb and Gilmour.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Is he asking to be dealt? With DeMeo retiring, you don't need to deal an OA do you? Not understanding the reason to move him.
Rumour has it he’s displeased with the organization and potentially looking for a different option. Coupled with his history of attitude issues when we’re trying to build a new better culture around our club, how all our returning wingers are LW and the bevy of young guys hunting for jobs it just makes sense for us to flip one of our three for a RW or D.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Rumour has it he’s displeased with the organization and potentially looking for a different option. Coupled with his history of attitude issues when we’re trying to build a new better culture around our club, how all our returning wingers are LW and the bevy of young guys hunting for jobs it just makes sense for us to flip one of our three for a RW or D.
Lots going on there, so to unpack each point:
- If you flip him for a RW you aren't opening a roster spot for a young guy. Many guys play on their off wing, you normally don't see a trade just for the sake of handedness in this league
- If you are in year 2 of a 2 year contending window, you don't worry about making room for a young guy you want to stack your veterans
- Usually you would move a guy well before his OA year if he had an attitude issue
- Seems strange that he would request a trade in his OA year on a contender
- The only valid reason to move him IMO would be if you really need more experience on the back end. But would he really be OA you would part with if you wanted to take a run?

Reactions: dirty12

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Lots going on there, so to unpack each point:
- If you flip him for a RW you aren't opening a roster spot for a young guy. Many guys play on their off wing, you normally don't see a trade just for the sake of handedness in this league
- If you are in year 2 of a 2 year contending window, you don't worry about making room for a young guy you want to stack your veterans
- Usually you would move a guy well before his OA year if he had an attitude issue
- Seems strange that he would request a trade in his OA year on a contender
- The only valid reason to move him IMO would be if you really need more experience on the back end. But would he really be OA you would part with if you wanted to take a run?
The request is supposedly due to how they handled his injury this season.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Bumping back to the first page of threads. I am still keeping post 37 updated so keep me posted.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Windsor Spitfires' G Colton Incze is now with the Brantford 99ers; announced on Twitter. This brings the Spitfires down to three OAs (though, most expect two will make it).

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Although the Spits are carrying 3 O/A as the players arrive for camp it would not be a surprise to see a couple O/A D invited to try out. A physical D- man would be just the ticket for this young, rebuilding team. Our goaltending experience is 29 OHL games experience in total. We are one injury away from disaster.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Saginaw have 5 listed still for camp. I cannot see Prostevov being a backup, so I don't expect to see him there for long.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Looks like Cade Robinson from the Owen Sound Attack is not coming back as an O/A. Attack just signed Kaleb Lawrence and he has Cade's #. Cade hasn't shown up at camp. No official announcement though but that is not unusual.

Reactions: HockeyPops

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Alex Turko is no longer a Knight.

As per the Free Press, "The team has given veteran forward Alex Turko the opportunity to explore other OHL options, though Western University remains a potential landing spot".

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I believe the Sting have Nick Grima on the table. Offensive defensemen, smooth skater and confident carrying the puck. I think he would add quite a bit of value for any team. I expect he has a big year.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Firebirds still have one open OA spot, but they have a full roster, so they won't be filling it without making some other moves. There had been some speculation that they may look to get more impact from the OA spot held by Jack Phibbs, but now it's looking like they are planning on Phibbs being in the mix.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Petes with just Gallant left as OA Fraser is taking a crack at the ECHL wasn’t at camp on ice at all. If Gallant sticks somewhere pro Petes will need 3!

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Rumour has Cade Robinson from the Attack attending school

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad