GDT: OVER THE LINE! - Devils @ Stars, 8:30 PM, MSG

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
they need to win sunday because eventually it's going to get discouraging to "play well enough to win" and continue coming up empty handed, if it hasn't already for them

Reactions: mdj12784

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
it's hilarious how important the fact that seven of our 18 losses are in overtime has become. it bought us some time but this shit cannot continue.

if you can't go into a rink less than 15 miles from yours and put in a complete performance against a struggling team with two of their top defensemen missing when you absolutely need it, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
In the long run, I think this game will be good for us. It takes all of the focus off the shitty officiating and puts the losing where it belongs - on the coaches and players...forces everyone to look in the mirror (besides Hall, of course). And, besides, if I had to pick between winning last night and beating the Icelanders, I'll take the latter. Division games are much more important.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
that's a good point. better to lose and not have an excuse other than they need to play better

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Greene-Santini is an abortion and needs to be split up. It has consistently been one of the worst pairings in hockey, period.

Moore-Vatanen
Greene-Severson
Butcher-Santini/Lovejoy

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Also, have to give credit to Dallas in that third period. They came to play and the Devils could barely possess the puck.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Great night on the out of town scoreboard at least. Pens, Isles and Jackets all lose. We gave ourselves a nice cushion and it will payoff. We need to remember how far this team has come. No one expected this at the beginning of the year

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
in 2011-12, upon winning our 22nd game, we were on 46 points through 40 games.

this year, we're 22-11-7 on 51 points through 40 games.

after 40 games we have four more wins than combined losses, and in 2011-12, we had four more wins than combined losses as late as game #48.

the timing of losing streaks can f*** with your head, and thank heavens for the loser point.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
in 2011-12, upon winning our 22nd game, we were on 46 points through 40 games.

this year, we're 22-11-7 on 51 points through 40 games.

it's also worth noting that after 40 games, we have four more wins than combined losses, and in 2011-12, we had four more wins than combined losses as late as game #48.

the timing of losing streaks can **** with your head, and thank heavens for the loser point.

Just have to hope they turn it around quickly. The big games are the ones coming up. Islanders, Flyers, Islanders, Caps, Flyers is the next 5 games. Division opponents. Four games against two teams we haven't seen yet. They absolutely need to be above .500 in this stretch.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
I think we the fans have a bit of ptsd from the last few years and are just waiting for the wheels to fall off after a few losses. This year though, they actually have a good talented team and I’m pretty confident they will right the ship.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hall said last night they can't go into the break with 5 straight L's.

Gross should have cut him off and said, oh stop with the hyperbole Taylor.....
I'm sure you are aware that there is a different dynamic between reporter and athlete, then there is here between posters.

Isle's game is important, Devils need to come ready to play, but the season does not, nor our playoff hopes, end's with a loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad