GDT: OVER THE LINE! - Devils @ Stars, 8:30 PM, MSG

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
though i don't think he's quite as bad as sal was that last season
I don’t think he’s that bad yet. Salvador’s last couple seasons were very bad.

I’d like to see Greene playing bottom pairing minutes before I make a conclusion that he’s worse than the twilight era Salvador.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We don't have anybody else to play the left side right now anyway, so talking about benching Greene is kind of pointless. Maybe when Mueller comes back and if Greene is still struggling you think about it. It probably doesn't help that he's still playing with Santini either, given how much those two struggle to get pucks out at times.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The D would look plenty worse if Greene sat right now before Muller came back. Wouldn’t look good afterward either.

Team showed defensive issues in the games Santini missed too.

The benching are meant to be teaching moments for the young guys. Not punishments. Most nights you want your best 6 in, but sometimes it helps for a young guy to sit for a game or two. Severson has responded well when he got back in before. I expect him to have a very strong game Sunday.

Sitting Greene will accomplish nothing. You don’t go sitting your locker room leaders unless your season is about to go down the drain. You risk losing the locker room, with little benefit.

Reactions: MadDog172430

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Doesn’t matter who we have playing on the first pairing, it’s going to be an issue until we actually have first pairing caliber defensemen.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The overreactions are incredible.

Greene is fine. He's a decent second pairing guy who is still terrific on the PK. One bad turnover doesn't immediately make him scratch-material.

He's being used in a defensive role like he's the same defender he was four years ago and he's not. Just look at the difference in Lovejoy when his usage is actually reasonable and Lovejoy was never half the player Greene was.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Did we though? We thought we upgraded our defense with Vatanen and yet we are still giving up plenty of goals. Is the problem Kinkaid? Is it just all of our d-men? Until we figure out how to shut opponents out defensively, I don't think we'll go far in the playoffs (if we make it).

The fact that you have expectations of going far in the playoffs is probably why you're reacting this way.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Greene is playing tougher minutes than he can handle. He has clearly declined and is now being forced to play a role he can't handle at this point in his career. I would not call him terrible. If he had softer minutes I think he would perform better, but the problem is our LHD depth is weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->