Ovechkin not in the top 50 in goalscoring

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Yea. Saw that.
Pkay full two minute poweplys with his stick up . Ha !

0ver 700 goals off 4 million shots:sarcasm:
And a cup, conn smythe, more rockets than anyone, most hits in nhl history when career ends most likely, The captain of winningest franchise in total wins in last decade, and more overall points than any player since he came into the league (including Crosby). Forgot to mention that.

oh, and by far the most marketable player in nhl.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
And a cup, conn smythe, more rockets than anyone, most hits in nhl history when career ends most likely, The captain of winningest franchise in total wins in last decade, and more overall points than any player since he came into the league (including Crosby). Forgot to mention that.

Adorable. You counting the suspended hits? Anyway the only issue we have with Ovechkin is fans of his like you. As he himself has stated. It's not an either/or

I recognize the good and bad of him. To you there is no bad. Who would even want to be as perfect as you pretend he is? He has flat out said he is embarrassed by certain fans who pretend he has no weaknesses in his game. F*** even Gretzky had imperfections. :)

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Adorable. You counting the suspended hits? Anyway the only issue we have with Ovechkin is fans of his like you. As he himself has stated. It's not an either/or

I recognize the good and bad of him. To you there is no bad. Who would even want to be as perfect as you pretend he is? He has flat out said he is embarrassed by certain fans who pretend he has no weaknesses in his game. F*** even Gretzky had imperfections. :)
Nope. Ovi is awesome. He’s a winner and that’s most important thing. Sorry Leafs don’t know what that’s like any more. Maybe when they trade part of their core they’ll be able to get players who can perform in playoffs finally.

Ovi won Conn Smythe bc of his two way play. People are easy to forget it was his defensively play that led to gwg/series winning goal vs Pitt in overtime in playoffs year they won the cup. He was also phenomenal two-way vs tampa and Vegas leading to the cup.

greatest goal scorer ever still lighting it up and still winning a ton as captain, even when his age says he should be fallen off big time.

Ovi is awesome.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

After Sid Crosby :thumbu:

Reactions: tread102

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Alex has 6 goals and is not in the top 50 in goalscoring this season. This will be his first season under 30 goals in his career. He is at an impressive 10 assists in 15 gp though. What do you make of his low goalscoring this season?
How are you a hockey fan and a grown adult yet you actually thought this made sense to post with so few games played at the time?

He's currently 3rd in goals and 23 in points. No one likes a biased poster who doesn't even think before pushing their agenda

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
So true. Conversely it must suck to go through life doing the opposite and not acknowledging areas of non-strength and pretending a player is more then they are. Looking for ways to inflate a players value instead of just accepting what they are.
You embarrassed yourself thoroughly in this thread. Have some self awareness and humility. You didn't know what you were talking about, everyone pointed it out and you proceeded to argue with every single response bc your skin is thinner than paper.

Ovie is a great overall player. He's a legend and one of the single best goal scorers of all time. He's also put up more assists than most players put up points in a career.

Always sad to see when people's egos lead them to refuse to admit they're wrong no matter what.

I know you respond to everything bc you know you lost and can't stand it but don't bother, I won't read it. You had several pages to come up with something intelligent and didnt

Ah who am I kidding of course you'll say something to try to convince yourself you salvaged some pride even while everyone laughs at how silly and desperate these posts are

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
How are you a hockey fan and a grown adult yet you actually thought this made sense to post with so few games played at the time?

He's currently 3rd in goals and 23 in points. No one likes a biased poster who doesn't even think before pushing their agenda
OP is a Caps fan

He knew this would be one of those threads to get bumped later in season. He knew about this before creating the thread:

It's been 15 games.

w/o looking, I promise you he has had multiple 15 game stretches with fewer than 6 goals scored. I bet he even did it in one of his Hart seasons.

EDIT: he scored 5 goals (and 5 assists) in his first 16 games of the 48 game, strike-shortened 2012-13 season... I'll let OP look up who won the Hart that year :sarcasm:

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Nope. Ovi is awesome. He’s a winner and that’s most important thing. Sorry Leafs don’t know what that’s like any more. Maybe when they trade part of their core they’ll be able to get players who can perform in playoffs finally.

Ovi won Conn Smythe bc of his two way play. People are easy to forget it was his defensively play that led to gwg/series winning goal vs Pitt in overtime in playoffs year they won the cup. He was also phenomenal two-way vs tampa and Vegas leading to the cup.

greatest goal scorer ever still lighting it up and still winning a ton as captain, even when his age says he should be fallen off big time.

Ovi is awesome.

lol How childish. What do the Leafs have to do with any of this? He won the Smythe because of his defensive prowess? Oakaley doakaley.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
You embarrassed yourself thoroughly in this thread. Have some self awareness and humility. You didn't know what you were talking about, everyone pointed it out and you proceeded to argue with every single response bc your skin is thinner than paper.

Ovie is a great overall player. He's a legend and one of the single best goal scorers of all time. He's also put up more assists than most players put up points in a career.

Always sad to see when people's egos lead them to refuse to admit they're wrong no matter what.

I know you respond to everything bc you know you lost and can't stand it but don't bother, I won't read it. You had several pages to come up with something intelligent and didnt

Ah who am I kidding of course you'll say something to try to convince yourself you salvaged some pride even while everyone laughs at how silly and desperate these posts are

If you actually read what I've said you maybe wouldn't have embarrassed yourself with your post. You clearly do not have the capacity to acknowledge what I'm even saying. To bad you aren't going to read this post. If you do respond to it you will out yourself. My bet is you will read this [which would make you a liar], you will not comprehend what it is saying and you will reply with some nonsensical tripe. I respond to most posts in the name of proper manners btw not the cockamamie crap you have in your brain. lol

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you actually read what I've said you maybe wouldn't have embarrassed yourself with your post. You clearly do not have the capacity to acknowledge what I'm even saying. To bad you aren't going to read this post. If you do respond to it you will out yourself. My bet is you will read this [which would make you a liar], you will not comprehend what it is saying and you will reply with some nonsensical tripe. I respond to most posts in the name of proper manners btw not the cockamamie crap you have in your brain. lol

The only one embarrassing themselves here is you.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Adorable. btw - I don't care what you think. Did you think I did? Summarize what I'm saying, bet you get it wrong. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Maybe you should expand your vocabulary beyond "cute" and "adorable". We can all see that you're trying to be condescending and act superior when you use those words, but all it really does is make you look like a petulant little child. Your incessant use of LOL along with those words just seals the deal. You're not a poster anyone here is taking seriously.

To summarize what you're saying: "blah blah blah, adorable, blah blah, cute, blah blah, lol"

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Adorable. btw - I don't care what you think. Did you think I did? Summarize what I'm saying, bet you get it wrong. LOL LOL LOL LOL
You've been in this thread just making a joke out of yourself. It is extremely clear that you just have an agenda against Ovi, and it's even more clear that you do not have any substantive backing on your opinions that Ovi is not a good hockey player. You've posted like 30 times in this thread, but have yet to say anything that actually backs up your stance that Ovechkin is not a good overall player.

A summary of your contributions to this thread have been:
a) Saying that in your opinion (with nothing to support it other than your own eye test) that Ovechkin is not a good player
b) Responding to other people who do provide substantive arguments, and saying they are wrong (without explaining why they are, without resorting to (a) )

"Players like Ovechkin and E.Karlsson are/were good at certain aspects of the game. Good for them. However, as soon as a factual critique enters the equation some people act like their idol can do no wrong and go off on tangents trying to "protect" them. Often these harangues include personal attacks."

"That's one of the beauties of the English Language, many
terms can be interpreted different. Ovechkin clearly has value."

"Awwww. You are literally the only person who holds this despicable attitude. Personally, I know numerous hockey people who agree with me. It may help you to grow once you realize that this internet forum is NOT a microcosm of hockey opinion and knowledge. It's calculated that close to 90% of the posters here have never even played hockey. "

"It is completely false that it is completely false about him not being a very good overall player."

"Ovechkin is a good goal scorer, though not particularly good as an overall player, which all of the above guys were. He may even maybe possibly be the best of all time at strictly goals but if he is it's not like it's a slam dunk. Of course there are other options I haven't even bothered to list."

There are 4 easy things that disprove your point, yet you still CAN'T come up with any other BS excuse to disprove it.
1) Nobody in NHL history has lead the league in goals more than Ovechkin. Scoring goals is fundamentally the main objective of a forward in hockey, and the most important objective for a forward. You can think he sucks at everything else, but when you are that good at scoring goals, the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.

2) Only 2 guys have more Pearson/Lindsay trophies than Ovechkin does (Lemieux and Gretzky). In case you don't know what that trophy stands for, it says "awarded annually to the National Hockey League's most outstanding player in the regular season as judged by the members of the NHL Players' Association.". A bad overall hockey player would not be voted as the leagues most outstanding player

3) Ovechkin has 50% more goals than anyone in the league since he came into the NHL. A bad hockey player would not dominate those raw totals at the hardest part of hockey.

4) Ovechkin is top-2 in both the 2000's decade and the 2010's decade for total Hart Votes. The only other player in league history to be top-2 in overall Hart voted for 2 separate decades is Howe. A bad overall hockey player would not be voted as one of the most valuable players in the league that often.

Just do yourself a favor, grow up, take the loss, and try to actually contribute to this forum before you continue to drag your own name throughout the dirt on here.

Last edited:

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Stop while you’re already behind. You’ve looked foolish enough and already would have a record amount of “dislikes” if this site allowed it.
You’re wrong. Everyone knows your wrong. If you want someone to actually think you know what you’re talking about on this topic leave this forum and go chat to the only person who will agree with your nonsense - the person in your mirror.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
You've been in this thread just making a joke out of yourself. It is extremely clear that you just have an agenda against Ovi, and it's even more clear that you do not have any substantive backing on your opinions that Ovi is not a good hockey player. You've posted like 30 times in this thread, but have yet to say anything that actually backs up your stance that Ovechkin is not a good overall player.

A summary of your contributions to this thread have been:
a) Saying that in your opinion (with nothing to support it other than your own eye test) that Ovechkin is not a good player
b) Responding to other people who do provide substantive arguments, and saying they are wrong (without explaining why they are, without resorting to (a) )

"Players like Ovechkin and E.Karlsson are/were good at certain aspects of the game. Good for them. However, as soon as a factual critique enters the equation some people act like their idol can do no wrong and go off on tangents trying to "protect" them. Often these harangues include personal attacks."

"That's one of the beauties of the English Language, many
terms can be interpreted different. Ovechkin clearly has value."

"Awwww. You are literally the only person who holds this despicable attitude. Personally, I know numerous hockey people who agree with me. It may help you to grow once you realize that this internet forum is NOT a microcosm of hockey opinion and knowledge. It's calculated that close to 90% of the posters here have never even played hockey. "

"It is completely false that it is completely false about him not being a very good overall player."

"Ovechkin is a good goal scorer, though not particularly good as an overall player, which all of the above guys were. He may even maybe possibly be the best of all time at strictly goals but if he is it's not like it's a slam dunk. Of course there are other options I haven't even bothered to list."

There are 3 easy things that disprove your point, yet you still CAN'T come up with any other BS excuse to disprove it.
1) Nobody in NHL history has lead the league in goals more than Ovechkin. Scoring goals is fundamentally the main objective of a forward in hockey, and the most important objective for a forward. You can think he sucks at everything else, but when you are that good at scoring goals, the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.

2) Only 2 guys have more Pearson/Lindsay trophies than Ovechkin does (Lemieux and Gretzky). In case you don't know what that trophy stands for, it says "awarded annually to the National Hockey League's most outstanding player in the regular season as judged by the members of the NHL Players' Association.". A bad overall hockey player would not be voted as the leagues most outstanding player

3) Ovechkin has 50% more goals than anyone in the league since he came into the NHL. A bad hockey player would not dominate those raw totals at the hardest part of hockey.

4) Ovechkin is top-2 in both the 2000's decade and the 2010's decade for total Hart Votes. The only other player in league history to be top-2 in overall Hart voted for 2 separate decades is Howe. A bad overall hockey player would not be voted as one of the most valuable players in the league that often.

Just do yourself a favor, grow up, take the loss, and try to actually contribute to this forum before you continue to drag your own name throughout the dirt on here.

ding ding ding

it’s so funny this guy tries to be condescending to think he’s so right when actual facts prove he’s completely wrong.

this is the type of guy who definitely sat alone at lunch when he was in school and it was because he thought “no one is cool or smart enough to sit with me”.

when in reality we know why....

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

This person said "goodbye" like 12 times but then keeps coming back for more. Probably hasn't been outside in months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad