Ovechkin is still the King

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Its a bit of a cherry pick... Backstrom has 40 points, Carlson has 35, Kuznetsov has 31, he also gets to play with Oshie and Wilson. Ovechkin is not without support.

I never said he's without support. Listing the top 10 in pts isn't a "cherry pick", you're either in it or not.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Its a bit of a cherry pick... Backstrom has 40 points, Carlson has 35, Kuznetsov has 31, he also gets to play with Oshie and Wilson. Ovechkin is not without support.
Nobody is saying that it's not subject to change. It absolutely is. What is being demonstrated is the optics of seeing 2 players from the same team in the top 10 in scoring hurts the standing of those players when compared with someone who doesn't have a team mate on that list. It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I never said he's without support. Listing the top 10 in pts isn't a "cherry pick", you're either in it or not.

Its a meaningless point to make.

If anything the reality of the situation is the opposite of the point you're attempting to make. It's like your trying to manipulate the stats for your argument.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Its a meaningless point to make.

If anything the reality of the situation is the opposite of the point you're attempting to make. It's like your trying to manipulate the stats for your argument.

If you think a top 10 finish is "meaningless" then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not manipulating anything and there's no opinion here. It's a statistical list and you're either on it or not.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
"He’s in a class of his own in today’s NHL. Since debuting in 2005-06, his 636 goals are 210 more than Sidney Crosby’s distant second-place total of 426.

But so many of today’s top goal scorers haven’t been in the league that long, so it’s not a fair comparison, right? Wrong. Over the last five seasons Ovechkin’s 214 goals dwarf Vladimir Tarasenko, who is second with 159.

Over the last three seasons? It’s still Ovechkin."

https://www.tsn.ca/by-the-numbers-ovechkin-as-good-as-ever-at-33-1.1228865

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
d973b4cde5d758174064fe9f3dfa1c06

Bustedprospect

Mar 10, 2006
That seems to be the one thing everyone agrees on. He may or may not catch Gretzky but the mere fact we're even talking about it is astonishing.

Yeah it is Gretzky is the best ever but he benefitted highly from era, playing on a real dynasty and feasting on weaker teams.

Alex is less than 80 adjusted to pass Jagr and Howe played forever from the same age Ovi is now he played another 16 years. This is no longer possible though so he will retire #1 for any sane objective person.

Gretzky will be there on that that he passes and confirm this. Bu trust me Ovi will do this it means the world to him to get there. He knows he got the stamina, genes and longevity to do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAINEC

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I think Ovechkin is an iconic as Rocket Richard. For different reasons, obviously, but both are brilliant goal scorers that ooze passion and popularity.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I think it's really time we consider that Ovechkin might be done. He's getting older, he's slowing down, and this might just really be the beginning of the end for him.

..was the narrative 3 friggin years ago. Whoops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad