koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
C8005ABD-0E6D-49AA-A313-FC3692B33ED2.jpeg

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I pretty much ****ing despise every player that doesn’t play for the Rangers.. But I love OV. Always been a fan and very pleased he finally got his well deserved Cup.

He fell to #4 in my fantasy draft, somehow.. So I love him even more this year too.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
dominating goal scoring for a decade is remarkable

I still remember when people thought Stamkos was going to compete with him year after year

I even thought Tarasenko was going to be a threat 3 years ago

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
dominating goal scoring for a decade is remarkable

I still remember when people thought Stamkos was going to compete with him year after year

I even thought Tarasenko was going to be a threat 3 years ago

Losing MSL and having his leg split in two after crashing into the post probably has a bit to do with that. Just saying...

Reactions: dukeofjive

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
He is indeed the best. Laine only scores in streaks of 5 games 15 goals, then 10 games without a single one. If the opponent is focusing on stopping Laine, he can't do anything. This is not the case with Ovi, he can overcome the adversity and score despite him being tried to be pinned down by the opposing team.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Unbelievable. Had a few rough years, and then came back to reclaim his throne like King Richard.

An eighth Rocket Richard trophy would put him ahead of Bobby Hull.

Amazing excellence and consistency.

That's the thing, scoring 30+ goals or 65 points are not "rough" years. Those would be respectable numbers for any 1st line winger not named Ovechkin. It will be interesting to see who takes it between him and Laine. If those two don't win it, it will likely go to MacKinnon or Pastrnak. Still can't picture Skinner keeping up with these guys.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
He is indeed the best. Laine only scores in streaks of 5 games 15 goals, then 10 games without a single one. If the opponent is focusing on stopping Laine, he can't do anything. This is not the case with Ovi, he can overcome the adversity and score despite him being tried to be pinned down by the opposing team.

That's because Ovechkin learned how to use his size and speed to bulldoze through and around defenders. Laine might get there some day, but Ovechkin's been a dominant power forward/sniper since day one.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
That's the thing, scoring 30+ goals or 65 points are not "rough" years. Those would be respectable numbers for any 1st line winger not named Ovechkin. It will be interesting to see who takes it between him and Laine. If those two don't win it, it will likely go to MacKinnon or Pastrnak. Still can't picture Skinner keeping up with these guys.

Don't count out Matthews.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it really is impressive how long he's continuing to be an elite goal scorer

goal scoring is typically dominated by the young,since the 70s the only player other than Ovechkin to lead the league in goals at 30+ years of age was Lemieux in 1995-96 and he did it once and at the age of 30

Ovechkin lead at 30,32,and is currently leading again at 33

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I predicted before the season he would have his best year in a long time. He's feeling free after the Cup win. Look out for you know who though with 16 in 16 now.

Reactions: Dingo

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
That's because Ovechkin learned how to use his size and speed to bulldoze through and around defenders. Laine might get there some day, but Ovechkin's been a dominant power forward/sniper since day one.

This is true. However, I doubt Laine's ability to catch up to Ovi due to his limitations in regards to speed, agility and positioning. . I do not see him improving enough on those areas to ever catch up on Ovi's overall scoring ability. Ovi will remain the greatest of goalscorers for the foreseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->