Ovechkin crying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

Mothra said:
Thats just sad on your part....the guy has his arm in a sling...cant even shake hands with it...and reports are he might need surgery....and you say he quit on his team......

good, hopefully they have to remove his arm so he can't point to his name anymore.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
rick_tml89 said:
I agree that this display of emotion shows the kids' true character and heart. You really have to feel for them.

Found another pic...
Stupid Question: How do you make that pic smaller?

Kings16

Jun 30, 2004
Barnaby said:
:shakehead

The Rangers SUCKED last year and had 0 chance at anything. Meanwhile Jagr is playing every game like it's the playoffs. I saw him play through injuries when he easily could have warmed the bench.

What planet have you been on for the past 10 years?

Jagr was on his way to becoming one of the greatest players of all time then he decided to show his true face = get coaches fired (I think he had 2 or 3 fired in Pittsburgh and then at least 1 in Washington) and act like Hasek (as soon as he faces adversity, he has a groin pull).

I love watching Czech Rep. & Russian players when they want to play. Problem is, it's on their terms.

Like another poster said, give it time and Jagr will show his true self in no time (in NY).

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
rick_tml89 said:
save it, and open it in any photo editing program, and reduce its size
I don't have that. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Erm...now that everyone is obsessed with crying...

But I really liked when he waved to the fans and gave them the thumbs-up even after they booed him during and after the game. I don't care what you say, that's class. This was Ovechkin's last WJC and it's understandable that he really wanted to win it for his country.

And for these fans who criticize him mercilessly with off-color comments, I think they are showing less class than Ovechkin ever did. If you want to criticize someone for "taunting", "baiting", "gloating", ect., you'd better have your own nose clean. Just my 2 cents.

Ric Flair

Feb 27, 2002
Stylin and Profilin
www.surfrider.org
JoseTheo said:
I couldn't believe Ovechkin was crying. He's gonna be a great player for sure if he keeps that heart of his over the years. Sure he'd already be a great player without it.. He just went from Jagr status to Iginla status.. (in the sense that Jagr plays with nothing.. Iginla plays hard from the heart).

Holy Pejorative Slur Batman!!

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
JoseTheo said:
I couldn't believe Ovechkin was crying. He's gonna be a great player for sure if he keeps that heart of his over the years. Sure he'd already be a great player without it.. He just went from Jagr status to Iginla status.. (in the sense that Jagr plays with nothing.. Iginla plays hard from the heart).
Jagr status? I'm not sure what that means.

But I do like the Iginla comparison . . . . especially since Ovechkin stated he really became a fan of his after meeting him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Those pictures were all really enjoyable. Myself, I didn't get to see too many of the games, so any hockey pictures are appreciated. Thanks!

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Even with the taunting, there's part of me that likes part of the implications. These pictures just go onto further the idea that Ovechkin and Malkin (though specifically more important for my team, the Caps) play with emotion. Something that a former superstar didn't show while he was in Washington.

While you can say whatever you want about Dr. Jagr, he is one of the best to ever play the game. However, night in and night out, he sometimes just went through the motions, instead of looking like he cared. If he had that fire every game, he'd still be the best player in this league.

You can say what you want about him 'showing up' for the Rangers at the end of the year, and for hockey's sake, I hope he does. But the pessimist and realist in me realizes that he'll never be the player he could/should be.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Crying after a game just seems different when it comes to these guys. By taunting and hot-dogging in a 7-1 win against the US, these guys wanted show up their opponents.

In other words, they wanted PERSONAL adoration – their interests were independent of the team’s interests.

Well, when they start crying, I assume it’s because they are upset they will not get the PERSONAL worship were looking forward to. It has little to do with their TEAM or their national pride.

OK, so they’re just kids, but as Don Cherry said on the radio yesterday, “little jerks grow up to be big jerksâ€.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
(Quote)Well, when they start crying, I assume it’s because they are upset they will not get the PERSONAL worship were looking forward to. It has little to do with their TEAM or their national pride.

OK, so they’re just kids, but as Don Cherry said on the radio yesterday, “little jerks grow up to be big jerksâ€.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you, but I've done some things in the "Folly of youth" that I'm none too proud of now.And how do you know why they were crying? Love the other guys reply where he said that about 'little jerks growing into big jerks' that Cherry is a prime example. Thats hitting the nail on the head for you. At any rate, I'd be willing to guess these guys have knocked off the shenanigans in
a few years. Hopefully sooner.

Darnit, why can't I get the quotes to print properly in my posts :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad