Ovechkin crying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Scott*

I don't see the big deal with Ovechkin crying after a loss in a Gold Medal game. Tons of guys cry after losses in big games. Ovechkin probably learned more in that game then he's learned in the past few months.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
i guess this shows AO and EM aren't out for themselves and really cared about their team. people should lay off.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
who says people want the picture to ridicule him?

talk about jumping to conclusions all of you. a picture of a famous player displaying his emotions is a very powerfull picture.

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
I couldn't believe Ovechkin was crying. He's gonna be a great player for sure if he keeps that heart of his over the years. Sure he'd already be a great player without it.. He just went from Jagr status to Iginla status.. (in the sense that Jagr plays with nothing.. Iginla plays hard from the heart).

CH Wizard

Ovechkin said to TSN that this game was important for Russia , for him and all the team.

Ovechkin crying isn't a big deal.We're seeing a lot of players crying often after a playoffs lost in the NHL.

Reilly311

JoseTheo said:
He just went from Jagr status to Iginla status.. (in the sense that Jagr plays with nothing.. Iginla plays hard from the heart).

Why don't you do a little research on Jagr first before making such ignorant comments. Kthnxby

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
I saw a few pictures last night and after all the stuff he did that pissed me off, and everything I said about him, I felt so bad for him after seeing those pictures.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I like the crying. It's nice to see that these guys have so much emotion, and really care about their team/country. I don't see a guy like Yashin crying - it's nice to see these guys aren't the next coming of "let me get money and live the lifestyle, F- the team and fans."

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
JoseTheo said:
I couldn't believe Ovechkin was crying. He's gonna be a great player for sure if he keeps that heart of his over the years. Sure he'd already be a great player without it.. He just went from Jagr status to Iginla status.. (in the sense that Jagr plays with nothing.. Iginla plays hard from the heart).

:shakehead

The Rangers SUCKED last year and had 0 chance at anything. Meanwhile Jagr is playing every game like it's the playoffs. I saw him play through injuries when he easily could have warmed the bench.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Nash said:
Why ... do you want to mock a 19 year old kid who tried his best to bring home Gold for his country? Do you want to laugh at him for getting injured?

Seriously ... smarten up. I've seen many a Canadian player in tears in the last 7 years. These are all teenagers trying to bring home victory for their respective countries. Give this kid a break.

Did he say he was going to mock him? use your head and be less critical.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Boucicaut said:
Though i dont support the request for a picture because i feel its a stupid request...he deserved losing that game for acting all cocky and gloating in the USA game...but of course im going to have hatred toward him cause he beat my team. :D

Dont worry Russian fans..this isnt meant to start any flaming with you guys...better team won our game.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
JoseTheo said:

wow..i know for a fact you did not watch one Ranger game last year with Jagr in it. Nice way to try to make yourself look like knowlegable hockey fan on the board. :shakehead

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Some people might have made fun of Ovechkin last night for crying, called him a baby, or whatever. Some of the fans went too far last night, both here and at the arena.

If Ovechkin had been smiling and laughing after the beating they took, *that* would be reason to question his character. If a player doesn't hate losing and take it personally, he's probably not worth having on your team. I remember once seeing Pavel Bure do a big hot-dog goal celebration late in a game where his Canucks were being completely embarrassed. How can you be that happy in a game when your team has been demolished? Ovechkin's reaction to the loss at least shows the game meant something to him, which is good. There are guys in the NHL who I seriously wonder how much the game means to them.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Ziggy Stardust said:
Here is a shot of Canada's and Russia's future stars shaking hands.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...CD95D1136523271436FFC9A9E8E04621B2AC3A62513D3

Here are the Future stars all in one picture!

kessel8ul.jpg

:D

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
It shows he cares. He didn't show up last night and IMO quit on his team when they needed him most. He obviously regrets his pathetically poor effort last night. The kid is extremely talented and hopefully for his sake, the adversity will help build his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->